Becoming a defender of the truth

For my desired ending to the affair of the box I need to publish a newspaper edition brimming with truth (the 100 odd pages of meritorious copy version). I understand I need opportunity cards to do this. Is my best bet to get the presses started and then just keep flipping cards while in Doubt Street? ? Currently done a few relevant cards and progressed towards my deadline a couple of steps.

Thanks!

You don’t have to stay in Doubt Street to draw newspaper cards, so you can start the presses and travel to elsewhere. It must be in London, though.

@DanV: I always start the presses again after I publish the latest edition, then just wait for the requisite cards to show up. One can do reporterage anywhere in London, so it’s like a part-time job.

– Mal

Assuming you pick every Meritorious option when approaching the deadline, you’ll come up 12 copy short of an edition brimming with truth and wisdom. The opportunity cards get you 6 copy of a specific type, while interviewing other players gets you 3 copy of each type (along with a few appalling secrets). Note that you stop getting newspaper opportunity cards when “Approaching the Deadline” is at 1, so don’t progress too far until you’ve got the extra copy you need.

I am under the slight impression that newspaper cards show up more often when in Doubt Street, but as with all things RNG you can never really know.

I don’t think Failbetter could even do something like that unless they made the same cards with different rarities on different locations and I don’t think they would go through so much effort.

Note that the Deadline Approaches quality does not increase on Successes if you play cards. So it’s much easier to advance using cards.

I don’t think Failbetter could even do something like that unless they made the same cards with different rarities on different locations and I don’t think they would go through so much effort.[/quote]
Well, they do. compared to the places that have more cards in their decks, doubt street is a step up. i believe it has none of spite’s cards, and no location-unique cards itself, and so… well, time saved. It wouldn’t be a huge difference, and what jolanda is seeing is probably just a false positive, but the point stands- it is a tiny bit better.

However, there are other such places throughout london, such as the forgotten quarter.
edited by Grenem on 7/25/2016