Beast Breeding

Hello, Londoners!

I’m back from my first scientific expedition and see a new option open up:
&quotOrganise your Research&quot card > &quotBreed a Beast&quot choice. It requires Slavering Dream-Hound, Obdurate Stallion and some such. Where do I gather all this zoo? At the moment I have none of them and no clue as to where to find them. And is it worth the effort:)? Just yes or no, don’t tell me what exactly comes out of it - it’s still interesting:)

You’ll need the Empyrean Redolence and access to Flute Street, but if you have both of those then I’d say it’s very much worth the effort.

[quote=Happy Londoner]Hello, Londoners!

I’m back from my first scientific expedition and see a new option open up:
&quotOrganise your Research&quot card > &quotBreed a Beast&quot choice. It requires Slavering Dream-Hound, Obdurate Stallion and some such. Where do I gather all this zoo? At the moment I have none of them and no clue as to where to find them. And is it worth the effort:)? Just yes or no, don’t tell me what exactly comes out of it - it’s still interesting:)[/quote]

That is fatelocked content, you’ll have to buy it. Those animals come from the Empyrean Redolence content, which is a fate extension to the Beast Breeding questline in the Labyrinth of Tigers fourth coil

The beast breeding content is generally rewarding, FBG added it to &quotdiversify your grinds&quot so each outcome has a wildly different reward (mostly large quantities of common items), and very interesting lore that makes it worth doing just to see what happens. A list of the rewards can be found here, but don’t click unless you want spoilers: [SPOILERS]

The Empyrean Redolance is just an extension of it, that allows a couple of extra breeding options.
As sara says, you will ALSO need to buy the Flute Street content if you want to fully finish this questline.

Without spoiling anything i will say that materially, this whole questline is VERY worth your time, the reward is commensurate. If you’re interested in material benefits i’d call it pretty much mandatory.
Storywise however, i found it Empyrean Redolence disappointing and uninteresting, doesn’t add much.

Flute Street requires finishing the University and opens two new areas, one with a special carousel with an option to gain a unique pet. Empyrean Redolence allows breeding four new pets similarly to the Hound of Heaven; one of these unlocks a special opp card beginning a quite unusual storyline that can unlock a unique destiny. The option you’ve found for using research costs all four Empyrean Redolence pets and a Hound of Heaven but in return gives a very potent pet.

Thank you, Sara, Nanako and Optimatum! Thumbs up to you all:) Got it about Breeding. One last question: what is this new “mark as ‘accepted answer’” button for? Does it show that I want to close the current topic if I press it?

The poster of a thread can mark a reply as the best answer, but I’d recommend never using it because the makers of the forum software for some reason chose to give recommended answers unreadable colors. There’s a custom stylesheet plugin thread somewhere on the forums so people can work around it, but better to avoid the issue in the first place.
edited by Optimatum on 2/5/2016

Mark this post as accepted so you can see what I mean.

[quote=Optimatum]The poster of a thread can mark a reply as the best answer, but I’d recommend never using it because the makers of the forum software for some reason chose to give recommended answers unreadable colors. There’s a custom stylesheet plugin thread somewhere on the forums so people can work around it, but better to avoid the issue in the first place.
edited by Optimatum on 2/5/2016[/quote]

Understood. Thank you.

[quote=Happy Londoner][quote=Optimatum]The poster of a thread can mark a reply as the best answer, but I’d recommend never using it because the makers of the forum software for some reason chose to give recommended answers unreadable colors. There’s a custom stylesheet plugin thread somewhere on the forums so people can work around it, but better to avoid the issue in the first place.
edited by Optimatum on 2/5/2016[/quote]

Understood. Thank you.[/quote]
This. It is unreadable by default and looks utterly horrible.

But since installing the custom stylesheet, it looks like this to me:

If you want to fix it too (highly recommended)
Check this thread, and my posts within it specifically: http://community.failbettergames.com/topic6330-forum-usability-tweak-make-best-answer-readable.aspx?MessageID=130356#post130356

i’m sure i can assist if you run into issues setting that up

Thanks for advice! But I don’t think I’ll ever have to use this “highlight” option.