Basic questions on the Black Ribbon

I recently got started on the Black Ribbon, and after going through the wiki I have some questions on the whole affair:

• I just unlocked &quotConfront the Drownies&quot. If I do it, so my BR quality goes up to 3, are the fights blocked? I am just concerned about losing access to some qualities like Bringer of Death, whatever they may be good for :)
  • My Dangerous is low (75+1), I guess it’s too risky to try now… but when I improve to, say, 100, is this a profitable venture in any way?

Thanks!

[quote=Rinsik]I recently got started on the Black Ribbon, and after going through the wiki I have some questions on the whole affair:

• I just unlocked &quotConfront the Drownies&quot. If I do it, so my BR quality goes up to 3, are the fights blocked? I am just concerned about losing access to some qualities like Bringer of Death, whatever they may be good for :)
  • My Dangerous is low (75+1), I guess it’s too risky to try now… but when I improve to, say, 100, is this a profitable venture in any way?

Thanks![/quote]

[li]
Confronting the drownies will not lock you out of anything, even better, it will unlock more duelling options.
It’s not particularly profitable, as velocipede squad offers better rewards with a lesser amount of ap needed to finish it.[/li][li]
edited by Harlequin on 1/30/2014

Making any decent profits from duelling the Black Ribbon seems to rely on taking advantage of a certain stage in a fight against a ‘big rat’, as discussed in this thread. I got most of my Running Battle CPs by rousing the old military officers at The Parthenaeum (Dangerous 81–118 card), which gave me a sporadic +6 CP per action while I was doing other stuff (like expeditions and making money). Eventually I caved in and used the regular +3 CP per action options, and the bounty for defeating someone really isn’t that good.

[quote=Rinsik]I recently got started on the Black Ribbon, and after going through the wiki I have some questions on the whole affair:

Thanks![/quote]

• You can access Bringer of Death there.
  • The fights’ &quotRunning Battle&quot are doable at that stats but your character needs lots of nursing and sleeping to stay in shape. It’s profitable but not as lucrative as the Flit. You do get some cool titles by dealing with the Black Ribbon though and I really enjoyed playing with these troublesome bunch.

[li]