Aunts aren't Gentlemen

I just failed to prevent my aunt from hosting a disastrous, scandalous soirée. Why is there no Celebrating Glorious Failures thread for this kind of thing?

Somebody on the writing team must be a Wodehouse fan. I suppose it is too much to hope for a mission to steal a cow creamer. If only there were aunts bellowing to aunts across Bugsby’s Marshes. Constable’s Helmets should be a tradable commodity in the game. Why are there no storylets which involve trying to help an idiot marry a girl who is completely unsuitable for him while trying to stop her getting engaged to you?

There must at least be some Wodehouse fans in Fallen London. If you are one, which Wodehouse trope or theme would you like to see in the game?

Just wait until you join the Young Stags. Lord but are you ever going to love them. Drones Club with a slice of Beau Brummell’s dandies simmered in, and locked in a bitter town-and-gown prank war with the University’s equivalent, the Stoats.[li]
edited by Sir Frederick Tanah-Chook on 12/18/2014

I would quite like an Unflappable Manservant companion who gives me Second Chances on important decisions.

[li]
Brilliant!

Thank you Madam, I am most exceedingly obliged.

Hmm. Not so much Second Chances as mitigating the consequences of failure? Almost an anti-MrEaten really, protecting one from one’s, ah, little infelicities.