Are people still finding combat frustrating?

There’s no way to carry enough fuel to go once around the whole map, no matter what ship you’re in, unless you want to die of hunger or go out with no cargo space at all (which is never good), but fuel from looting ships, Palmerstons, The Iron Republic and other places are often good ways of keeping yourself going. As for combat, I have no problem with it, it’s just that understanding that you get them in your sights and then proceed to emulate brave sir robin while firing from the front. Some of the bigger creatures need a bigger ship, but the regular steamer with a few good guns and a decent engine can take down most things without serious problems.

I think if you had the dreadnought, with Serpentine, the officer that gives you fuel efficiency and ran with the absolute minimum to crew to save on supplies, you might be able to circumnavigate the whole Zee. At the undiluted cost of a 1000+ echoes, of course.
edited by Nenjin on 11/30/2014

Yeah, you probably could, but it would be an utter waste and where’s the fun in that :)

A content update! Now that I can finally resupply in the Khanate, I’m going to stream some more starting NOW, and hopefully blow up a lorn-fluke.

I’m going to see about going to kill Mt Nomad, now. Watch me die gloriously or do the impossible, one way or another!! Twitch

Edit: failed! got it down to 100 hp, though. I’ll try to get the archives edited into something more manageable over the next week.
edited by cheshster on 12/12/2014

[quote=cheshster]I’m going to see about going to kill Mt Nomad, now. Watch me die gloriously or do the impossible, one way or another!! Twitch
[/quote]

Two heavy guns on the front, with or without the blue Scintillack, and even a frigate can down mount nomad, it’s not easy to be sure and you’re on max reverse the whole time, but it can be done. I still think there should be a bigger reward for dropping it though :)