Archeologist and the new Forgotten Quarter content

Has anyone managed to raise Archeologist past 1? I’m keen to move on from Thieves Caches, but I can’t see how to get Archaeologist 2 - I’ve tried Seeking Curios but to no avail yet, although the options there do change every time so I’m hoping an appropriate one will pop up - knowing what to look for would help.[li]

The Traditions of the Forgotten Quarter option under picking an Expedition increases Archaeologist to 2: It costs 1000 Whispered Secrets, 250 Cryptic Clues and 1 Tale of Terror, and you need to do it twice.

i have finally deduced that the 0x Rivals Progress thing is some entirely random chance and the RNG strung me along across 3 and a half expeditions before cackling maniacally and ceasing to behave by the rules I thought I’d worked out. the result is a long bug report with about four amendments for something that isn’t even a bug and a hearty amount of embarassment

The Traditions of the Forgotten Quarter option under picking an Expedition increases Archaeologist to 2: It costs 1000 Whispered Secrets, 250 Cryptic Clues and 1 Tale of Terror, and you need to do it twice.

I did it twice, I’m not at Archaeologist 2 and the option has gone. Have you managed to get it?

[edit] Just got a Searing Enigma from the thieve’s cache! Praise be to the RNG!
[li]
edited by Roland Crompton on 6/21/2013[/li][li]
edited by Roland Crompton on 6/21/2013

Yeah, I did it twice and it put me at Archaeologist 2. Then finding the Shrine of Deep Blue Heaven twice put me at Archaeologist 3. i dunno!

How can I gain Archaeologist if I already have an Archaeologist’s Hat?

The Archaeologist’s Hat just kinda morphed into a point of Archaeology. Unless you still have the hat, somehow, in which case something mighta broke

I was Just wondering where my hat went, thanks for the clarification

Ah. Took me a while, but I finally found it.

There’s no “Traditions of the Forgotten Quarter” option for me. Does it only appear at certain Airs values?

I don’t think it had an Airs requirement? It certainly didn’t change Airs any, but maybe things have changed or something.
Just be sure you’re looking under the “Begin an Expedition!” linked bit, and not “Prepare for an Expedition”? Because that’s where it was. Yesterday. Maybe now you have to do the Thief’s Cache to get an Archaeology bump or something i dunno

Yeah, it’s not there. Gonna try out the Thieves’ Cache now to see if gives any points.

When I saw Traditions it was locked if you had any Archeologist skill - now its vanished but at the end of my latest Thieves Cache raid I got the following message “You know a little more about the Forgotten Quarter: your skill as an Archaeologist is increasing.” - my skill (listed under Story not Specific Ability as I was expecting) is still 1, but hopefully not for much longer :-)

I just got 2 nightwhispers from the 20 expedition. So that would be 40 echoes spent and 27 actions for 20map scraps and 2 Night Whispers.

So that’s 127 echoes worth of goods. What do you reckon to earn from an action? The most I’ve seen from a single action is 2 echoes so even at that you’ve only lost the equivalent of 94 echoes which seems a fair profit. Which option(s) did you use to get supplies?

[li]

So that’s 127 echoes worth of goods. What do you reckon to earn from an action? The most I’ve seen from a single action is 2 echoes so even at that you’ve only lost the equivalent of 94 echoes which seems a fair profit. Which option(s) did you use to get supplies?

[li][/quote]
Since they mentioned 40 echoes, they probably used the &quotbuy expedition supplies with whispered secrets&quot option. Also, I don’t think there’s a definite way to find out the ppa reward for the expeditions because the rewards vary so much (some of the rewards are actually worth a lot less than the supplies spent to get them) . [/li][li]

The most action/echo-efficient way to get supplies at the moment is to use whispered secrets, replenished from trading in Deep Amber in the 1st coil of the Labyrinth of Tigers (which is replenished in Mahogany Hall).

Isn’t it better to to buy the Secrets with Jade from Unfinished Business in Watchmaker’s Hill?

Hmm, the traditions of hte forgotten quarter card was erased, doing expeditions raises your archaeology stat now, hope this helps :)

Indeed it is by a slim margin; Deep amber drops at 114 ppa and Jade at 120 ppa with aforementioned methods.
[li]

I got my secrets from Hunter’s keep though. Grinding Searing Enigmas got me about 10k
edited by Devoted_pupa on 6/23/2013