Archeologist 5?

Am I missing something? I’ve done the two not-fate related expeditions a number of times
in the Forgotten Quarter and I appear to have stalled out at Archeologist 4. Is there something
else I need to be doing? Is there a particular card I should be looking out for? Starting to get a
little frustrated with quest lines that I can’t seem to finish. grumble

[quote=Reginald Hardwicke]Am I missing something? I’ve done the two not-fate related expeditions a number of times
in the Forgotten Quarter and I appear to have stalled out at Archeologist 4. Is there something
else I need to be doing? Is there a particular card I should be looking out for? Starting to get a
little frustrated with quest lines that I can’t seem to finish. grumble[/quote]
I’m not sure. it might just be a progress thing, or it might be a only-the-20-supplies-expedition-offers-those-rewards. i do know i got archeologist 5 without spending fate, but i found archeology fun. good luck!

I think you get one CP of Archeologist progress per expedition. Do 5 Thieves’ Cache expeditions and you should get up to Archaeologist 5.

You get 1 cp per ten supplies it takes, I’m pretty sure. Definitely 2 for SHrines and 3 for correspondance stones and some number I’m not sure of but it was a lot for the Gallery of Serpents.

Don’t thieves’ caches cap at 3?

I believe it used to, but that’s no longer the case.

The trouble here is that archaeologist is one of those properties that does not show the progress, just the overall state of the property.

Most of them progress an entire level at a time, but this one does the sneaky thing of needing a few CP, but not showing the change in CP.

It threw me, and throws quite a few people.

You are in good company.

How can I earn the archaeologist so that I can finally begin my expedition?

Just keep doing the low level expeditions. You’ll get up to 5 as you get more experience.

Are you asking how to first become an archaeologist? There is an option on &quotPrepare for an Expedition in the Forgotten Quarter&quot that costs some items; then you get supplies and start with a Thieve’s Cache then, maybe, move onto the Shrine to work your way up to Archaeologist 3 (to get access to the expedition that gives Correspondence Stones) or 5 (to get access to the Nadir).