Anyone feeling a little bit left out this feast?

Normally, being an antisocial player just means you just have to find other ways of reducing menaces on your own, but during the Feast of the Exceptional Rose (it’s my first), I’m beginning to feel that it might be worthwhile having some friends. This isn’t a thread just for me: I was hoping this could be a little bit of a ‘place to meet people’ thread, unless one exists already.

That sound like a reasonable idea?

Sure it is reasonable! Both feasts and forums are places of socialization, after all ^^ I’ll add: one of the easiest ways of getting to know people playing at Echo Bazaar is Following some of them on Twitter (many have their Twitter contact in the signature), and then consult their Following lists, or follow Twitter’s suggestions to add more. It’s like a chain reaction _

Ah. I sense a flaw in my cunning plan. I may have to get Twitter.
edited by Lewis Brown on 2/14/2012

Uh, well, personally I only use Twitter, but there’s plenty of players on Facebook too ^^

Me, for instance. I’d be happy to send you a gift of affection.

How nice it is to make friends.
I look forward to sharing a bottle of Black Wings Absinthe with my newfound aqaintance.

On a side note: given the Bazaar’s fondness for love stories, and the face that so many of the Feast’s actions give out Romantic Notions, has it occured to anyone that it possibly isn’t us who is doing the feasting? Maybe that’s something for the salons.

Anyone who would like some adoration exchanged, my facebook page is my username and my alternate is on the twitter SterlingSHadley

I will be sending around things throughout the feast~

That does sound like a good idea. I’m interested to see what this other, ‘real’ Exceptional Rose is like.

Mr Brown, you are more than welcome to friend me; a link to my Book of Portraits page can be found by clicking on my username here.

I do like this game. It has such a polite fandom.

Hello delicious ones.
Is anyone up to share a Gift of Transcendent Devotion? I Know ti is asking a lot, but as it seems to be the only way to get one, I will be - no need to say it - honored to return the favor.

I am @GaelViolet in Twitter
edited by JohnPurple on 2/14/2012

[quote=JohnPurple]Hello delicious ones.
Is anyone up to share a Gift of Transcendent Devotion? I Know ti is asking a lot, but as it seems to be the only way to get one, I will be - no need to say it - honored to return the favor.

I am @GaelViolet in Twitter
edited by JohnPurple on 2/14/2012[/quote]

Sure thing. Coming right up. I love, well, transcendentally loving people I’ve never met.

(I realise that could sound sarcastic. It’s not - I’m just being jokey. Check your messages in, oh, 6 minutes or so)

Why, thank you so much!
But it appear that when selecting the option, I don’t see your name. I probably must be your follower on Tweeter for this. What’s your nickname on Tweeter, my precious friend?

PS. Among all things (or almost - along with logic and intellectual honesty) I prize irony as a higher form of wit, so your joke was much welcomed.

PPS. I’m not sure “intellectual honesty” is a correct expression, as it is in french. I again must apologize for my English expression - I’m really trying hard, you know.

Edit. Problem solved. After logout and login again, your name appears without problem.
edited by JohnPurple on 2/14/2012

And many thanks to you too. I shall treasure your gift always.

Right, enough of this two-way chatter. Let’s get back to the festivities! Other people wanting to dance, ask me! @colinsapherson

So far I’ve been struggling to connect with people who have presented their details on the forums for EB interaction and suchlike, although its entirely possible that people just haven’t got back to me yet, in which case I’ll keep my fingers crossed.

Could someone outline the steps needed to go from having no connection whatsoever with someone to linking up with them on EB to give gifts, meet at lodgings, play the tournament of lillies and whatnot?

With facebook, you need to be friends. Twitter is a fair bit easier, as only one person needs to do anything: Either you can follow them, or they can follow you, and it will allow you to do social actions.

Oh, is that it? I thought you needed to join up with them on Echo Bazaar as well. I’ll try to figure it out. This is probably just some sort of confusion on my part.

[quote=Lewis Brown]Oh, is that it? I thought you needed to join up with them on Echo Bazaar as well. I’ll try to figure it out. This is probably just some sort of confusion on my part.
edited by Lewis Brown on 2/14/2012[/quote]

Just because it caused me some confusion… if you aren’t seeing your Twitter people in your EB contact lists, you may need to sign out of EB and sign back in again with Twitter. I ran into this problem when I couldn’t respond to any of the lovely Twitter friends who were sending me boxed cats - turned out I needed to re-authorise EB to have access to my Twitter account by logging in with it (I’d always logged in with FB). Perhaps this is your issue?
edited by Quil on 2/14/2012
edited by Quil on 2/14/2012

Relogging did the trick. Thanks for the tip.
Feel like exchanging pseudo-platonic gifts of fungi?

I’d love to garner some new contacts at the Bazaar! Which is to say, any contacts! My stay in Fallen London has thus far been a lonesome one.