Anyone failed Zubmarine 'perhaps not' luck check?

It’s extremely strange – I just noticed today that when you go to build a Zubmarine, there’s actually a luck check on the ‘perhaps not’ option that lets you choose a different ship. It says &quotA sure thing – how can you fail?&quot, suggesting over 90% success rate, and I haven’t been able to fail yet despite running through it repeatedly.

Anyone else successfully ‘failed’ at this and able to explain to me what happens? So confused as to why there would be a luck check here at all…

I have no idea what happens if you fail. I’ve never tried it, and I couldn’t imagine what could happen if you did fail.

edited by Sara Hysaro on 12/13/2015

I think it might be a 100% luck check or something, and no, I haven’t failed it.

It’s true of all 3 advanced ship types. The wiki doesn’t have info on the fail for any of them.
I also vaguely remember a similar situation when acquiring the velocipede, where the option to start over had a &quota sure thing&quot check. I can’t find any evidence of that on the wiki though, so I may be misremembering.
Edit: Ah ha! Found it http://fallenlondon.wikia.com/wiki/Hang_on
edited by Ian Hart on 6/17/2015

An update on this. I couldn’t do this personally because I had a ship. I sold my ship recently. So I can do these options! And I did them! And none of them are luck checks anymore. Neither is ‘Hang on…’. So whatever these did, we’ll likely never know. Also it’s possible that the luck check wasn’t real.

By that I mean the instruction text might have just said it was a luck check, whilst just being a normal action. This has happened before, with Kissing the Counterfeit Head of John the Baptist, sent a bug report in about it and they just removed the instruction text where it said it was a luck check.

I haven’t failed on that one, but did fail on another how could you fail card, namely the giving 100 proscribed material to Mr Page, it gives you a few points of suspected and has some special constables pay you a visit, I made sure to echo it &quotApril is the Cruelest month&quot

So if that can be failed, Im sure this can be failed too.

Failure results don’t exist for all the Vessel luck check. As in, there isn’t even a empty result for them. So no, they aren’t luck check at all.

[quote=Dante Kinkade]I haven’t failed on that one, but did fail on another how could you fail card, namely the giving 100 proscribed material to Mr Page, it gives you a few points of suspected and has some special constables pay you a visit, I made sure to echo it &quotApril is the Cruelest month&quot

So if that can be failed, Im sure this can be failed too.[/quote]
You misunderstand, it’s not a luck check anymore. There’s no &quotA matter of luck: how can you fail?&quot, there’s nothing, just &quotGo&quot. It used to say &quotA matter of luck: how can you fail?&quot but no longer.