Any stat requirement for Exceptional Stories?

Just a quick question: do Exceptional Stories have stat requirements?
Or do the chances scale with your level?

(apart from the stories that advertise so, that are generally for starters, eg. &quotat least 20&quot, lol)

(of course this means I have never played one, I have only spent money on the occasional 5 Fate)

Well, there’s no real stat requirement, most checks are rather low. Sometimes they’re luck checks and such.

I know for certain that almost any stat-challenge is 100% if your stat is 150+

[quote=Honeyaddict]Well, there’s no real stat requirement, most checks are rather low. Sometimes they’re luck checks and such.

I know for certain that almost any stat-challenge is 100% if your stat is 150+[/quote]
There are stat challenges that are not 100% for +150 of the chosen stat, e.g., making Searing Enigmas or Impossible Theorems with Professor Denuniata at the University. But those are an exception, I believe.
edited by cathyr19355 on 8/5/2018

Exceptional Stories are generally accessible/playable for all users.

In fact, I find it’s often more fun to play them with a low-stat char!

I[quote=Catherine Raymond][quote=Honeyaddict]Well, there’s no real stat requirement, most checks are rather low. Sometimes they’re luck checks and such.

I know for certain that almost any stat-challenge is 100% if your stat is 150+[/quote]
Not for the high-end stuff like making Searing Enigmas or Impossible Theorems with Professor Denuniata at the University, but those are an exception, I believe.[/quote]

I meant solely for the Exceptional Stories, I do apologise for being unclear there.
In London there are plenty 150+ challanges

There are a handful of situations where players with high stats or other late-game qualities will have an advantage or exclusive options in Exceptional Stories. These are both rare and optional. High stats will save you at most one action or half an echo here or there, and most stories have no high stat challenges at all. Other late-game qualities are generally included as an acknowledgement rather than an actual advantage.