An offering for Mr. Pages

[li]Does anyone else keep a journal of all their in character conversations?
[li]I noticed that as of this morning, I have exactly 300 pages, half my dialogue, and half my friends in the Neath. This seems absolutely splendid and worth celebrating. 179,777 words. (And yes, my last reply was four words longer than it needed to be because it makes a better number.)
[li]Of course, I’ve only been chatting with other players for a couple of months. I would guess others have lengthier tomes in their libraries, if they have kept them.
[li]Anyone else want to share and celebrate their word count?

I fear I’m a terrible person, I just type into the game interface and then – when I inevitably run out of words – go and start editing my message until it hits the character limit.

As is typically the case, you’re a far better person than I.

I am terrible and don’t keep one… and I guess you will stop after 777,777 words, since 7.777.777 is rather unrealistic… at least before 2077… wait, that would be 1954 in London, no?[li]

[quote=Appolonia][li]Does anyone else keep a journal of all their in character conversations?
[/li][li]I noticed that as of this morning, I have exactly 300 pages, half my dialogue, and half my friends in the Neath. This seems absolutely splendid and worth celebrating. 179,777 words. (And yes, my last reply was four words longer than it needed to be because it makes a better number.)
[/li][li]Of course, I’ve only been chatting with other players for a couple of months. I would guess others have lengthier tomes in their libraries, if they have kept them.
[/li][li]Anyone else want to share and celebrate their word count?[/quote][/li][li]
[/li][li]
[/li][li]It’s a fun idea, but no, I don’t do that, and I doubt I’m going in invest the amount of daily time necessary in FL at this late date to start.[/li][li]
[/li]

I know that I have been meaning to find some way of having in-character discussion recorded, apart from copying and pasting them into a word document.

Failbetter, if you can hear me, it would be excellent if there was some sort of social actions history log where we could look back on all the things we’ve done with our friends, but particularly the messages.
Going down the list on the right side of the screen takes a while and also doesn’t messages attached going out as opposed to coming in.
Mr Pages would revel in such a mechanism for events to recorded… for posterity, of course.

I try to save everything, too - I used to roleplay by chat, and that formed an habit. I’m also a pretty slow player, for English is not my first language, so it’s nice to have a log. It helps me not forgetting the details.

By the way, I’m wondering what’s the preferred medium for Fallen London roleplayers - tumblr? The forum? The in-game message system? I’d like to meet new mates.

I do. My character has a sharper memory than I do, so I need to re-read things in order to play her convincingly. I also just like to revisit really fun roleplays.

(Edited to answer the question)

Zero: All of the above, to be honest. I’ll roleplay anywhere and everywhere.
edited by Lamea Lawless on 3/30/2016

[quote=Zero]I try to save everything, too - I used to roleplay by chat, and that formed an habit. I’m also a pretty slow player, for English is not my first language, so it’s nice to have a log. It helps me not forgetting the details.

By the way, I’m wondering what’s the preferred medium for Fallen London roleplayers - tumblr? The forum? The in-game message system? I’d like to meet new mates.[/quote]

I use the in-game social actions, and include the text in the space provided (or in multiple actions, when needed.)

And, if anyone on this thread would like a new contact (and doesn’t already know me), just send me a calling card and we can chat as much as you like.

Appolonia is ever keen for chess, coffee, or sparring, accompanied by conversation. :)

I save all of my out of character conversations because I always have the best ideas when I’m spitballing with a friend.

Well, not ALL of them, but all the good ones. The ones where we pitch insults between one another aren’t so interesting after the fact.

Update: 307,777 words. 515 pages.

A great thank you to everyone who tells stories with me, and otherwise makes the game so delightful.

[li]

27.000 So far, but just starting. Until now it has been inspiring and quite a challenge, not to mention a little more time consuming then it should be. ;)