An intimate of Devils, with an eye to the North

Really? What is the cards name? I get the Contract time quite often, but never saw anything like that (not that I want to lose my Intimacy)

It’s called A letter arrives. I think it’s a little uncommon.

Thank you, that looks interesting.
I wonder if you do not get this letter at Intimacy 20. The letter implies that your intimacy is broken, because you lost your soul to another. Would be strange to be berated by the very Devil you sold your soul to.
edited by Fhoenix on 2/16/2013

It would be very strange. However, I think it is the only way to restart the Intimate of Devils story, so at the very least it wasn’t locked off to people at 20 back when SpringHeeledFlapjack first sold off their soul.

Indeed. Does your Intimate of Devils change if you get your soul back? Do you lose this quality?[/quote]

The frustrating thing is I managed to get my soul back and the quality has remained at 20, when I know for a fact that the previous time I sold and regained my soul I was able to restart the Intimate of Devils storyline somehow. I just can’t remember how…[/quote]

There’s a card unlocked by having Your Very Own Infernal Contract and being an Intimate of Devils that will remove the Intimate of Devils quality. Do you think you played that between selling your soul and getting it back?

Edit: As for advise…I can’t really think of much. If you are involved in the Soul Trade you could sell your soul to the devil who shows up on the What Profit? card, and wait until you draw the card that will remove your Intimate of Devils quality.[/quote]

Thank you! I am involved in the Soul Trade (as a Shepherd) so this is a very helpful reply. When I first sold my soul it was via the What Profit? card. I don’t know if that increased my Intimate of Devils quality to 20, but the A Letter Arrives card will almost certainly be how I lost the quality. So the big question is: if I sell my soul again via the What Proft? card, will having an Imtimate of Devils quality at 20 bar me from receiving the A Letter Arrives card…? Anybody have experience of this?

If you were able to sell your soul to both the Quiet Deviless and the Affectionate Devil then it is safe to assume that it was possible to draw A Letter Arrives. Was. No guarantee that this hasn’t changed since.

I’m actually a little curious about what the game’s going to do in this situation: when Intimate of Devils hits 20 DESPITE NEVER AGREEING TO SELL YOUR SOUL. My character has a terrible crush on the Quiet Deviless (and in fact just acquired her as a companion) and so can’t bring himself to let her down; he keeps meeting with her in hopes that he can somehow redeem her, and has been spending Fate to make sure his soul – which he cares about a great deal – never gets lost. Over a couple years, this has raised my Intimate of Devils quality to 18, and I’m one CP from 19. When I hit 20, if what I understand about the mechanics is true, I’ll be treated as if I decided to lose my soul but will not actually get the result screen that would come from choosing that action.

If you still gain cp’s after 19, that is. We’ll have to see.

I can think of three possibilities:

• it’ll just say “An Intimate Of Devils hasn’t increased, because it’s already more than 18”

• there’s some cool bit of fiction which unlocks at 19 that forces you to make a decisive choice

• you’ve found an entertaining bug.

Sadly, I suspect the first of these is the most likely. But you never know :-)

Cheers
Richard

I bet it is capped, but you can always try. The ‘A Letter Arrives’ card requires you to have your very own Infernal Contract, however, so even if you did bring it up to 20 you wouldn’t get that card while you have your soul. You may even continue getting the serious offers, if those are not capped. Of course, a faster way to get to 20 is to successfully sell your soul and then pay Fate to retrieve it. I bet choosing the third devil option won’t cause your Intimate of Devils quality to decrease. Don’t know for sure because I felt like choosing any option besides the cat would be cheating. XD
edited by Sara Hysaro on 2/19/2013

Okay, well, I’m very interested in getting the Quiet Deviless on my side (and I too have a very strong crush on her). I have Intimate of Devils at 20, have sold my soul four times to the “At what Profit” card, and retrieved it each time.

If what I’m reading is true, I’ll sell my soul again, wait for the “a Letter Arrives” and then get my soul back with fate and replay the storyline. I loved it.

How did the deviless become a Spouse? Right now I have the The Devout Intriguer (female version) and if it’s possible to get the Deviless, I’d like to know how. I love Anne with all my heart (and when she keeps her face on it’s thrilling), but the deviless is just up my alley, and there’s so much more FRISSON there.

you can’t currently get the Deviless as a Spouse: she was available for the price of 100 Masquing at the Feast of the Rose, but if you missed that you’re gonna have to wait a while: they’ll be available through other means later
and she was a pet anyway not a spouse
edited by Spacemarine9 on 5/19/2013