An Impolitic Exchange, and Hints of New Content...

[color=#ff9900]Today, Mr Iron and Mr Pages engaged in what we will courteously call &quota spirited conversation&quot. Could they be hinting at forthcoming Fallen London content? You can find a Storified version here.[/color]

I AM DANCING WITH GLEE! LOOK AT ME DANCING LOOK AT ME!

gleeful face

Dawn, in the neath? What a curious concept.

well… lets see…

miserite

(mineralogy) A triclinic-pinacoidal mineral containing aluminum, calcium, fluorine, hydrogen, iron, la,ce,pr,nd,sm, magnesium, manganese, oxygen, potassium, silicon, sodium, titanium, and yttrium.

Or…

miserite

Latin
vocative masculine singular of miseritus

miseritus m (feminine miserita, neuter miseritum); first/second declension

lamented, deplored
pitied

I’m thinking the latin

Now, next up Slouchant… I can find a few historical uses, and it oddly shows up in all places in a russian to french translation, but not as a word in either language…

And as for … well

gloominous
Gloomy in one way but cheerful in another. Can be said of some types of heavy metal music or New Wave music and people who listen to it, including Goths. A combination of &quotgloomy&quot + &quotluminous&quot.
The Cure has some gloominous New Wave music.

That’s from urban dictionary, nobody else seems to have a clue about it.
edited by ICountFrom0 on 9/24/2014

The idea of the masters using twitter almost amuses me more than the exchange itself.

http://fallenlondon.storynexus.com/Profile/Johnny~Felix

I fear that people may have missed the most critical part of this exchange. Which is that Mr Pages is known to have an issue with drinking ink, which is fantastic.

To save you some trouble Ben, Mr Pages is in the habit of simply making words up, frequently portmanteaus, whilst some are obscure older words, most are freshly minted, so to speak.

Pages is a verbal chef. He doesn’t serve from a tin, but takes words with which we are familiar and seasons them to achieve something higher.

I want to see the pen vs sword duel

I want to know why the Vake has been so lax of late. Perhaps he’s learning needlepoint? Tinkering on the Bat-Landau? Searching for a good dentist?

[quote=babelfishwars]I AM DANCING WITH GLEE! LOOK AT ME DANCING LOOK AT ME!

gleeful face[/quote]

I too am excited! I like this. I like this a lot. Can we get more of these? I know Sunless Sea and seasonal stuff takes up a lot of resources, but more frequent teasers go a long way. Hopefully twitter stuff is cheaper to make, too.

Also, have you noticed how each Master has a monomania of their own, much like their employer? For Mr. Iron it’s toil. Mr. Fire, based on it’s weird thing about dirigibles, it’s probably the roof, and more specifically the M________-m______ers. I guess Pages it’s ink, but also maybe the Vake’s…shenanigans. Neither of my characters has done Bag a Legend, so it’s cool to see more of the Vake mystery laid out for the rest of us.
edited by friendshipranger on 9/25/2014

What -is- the Dawn Machine? For a long time, I thought it was the Revolutionaries’ optic project, but more recent evidence suggests it’s actually rather the opposite. Is the Admiralty furthering it or opposing it? Surely the former would invite the Masters’ wrath. Questions, questions. Oh well. We also have that intriguing notion of a musical month to consider.

This is so exciting! :D

Also: “Are we afraid of candles? Don’t answer that.” ha-ha-haaaaaa

I can’t get over the ink line. So hilarious, regardless of whether Mr Pages has or hasn’t actually ingested ink. Of course all the rest of it was quite entertaining too.

[color=#cccc00]Calumny! I never &quotmake up words&quot. I discover them. In service to my bailiwick I must be part logonaut, part archaeloquiologist.[/color]

And such verbilliant words they are!

[color=#cccc00]Calumny! I never &quotmake up words&quot. I discover them. In service to my bailiwick I must be part logonaut, part archaeloquiologist.[/color][/quote]

You are quite correct! I am apoligiant, surely, an explorer of the fields of regret, indeed, an atoneer.

[color=rgb(204, 204, 0)]Calumny! I never &quotmake up words&quot. I discover them. In service to my bailiwick I must be part logonaut, part archaeloquiologist.[/color][/quote]

You are quite correct! I am apoligiant, surely, an explorer of the fields of regret, indeed, an atoneer.[/quote]

Or, indeed, an atonaut…

[li]

I’ve been eagerly awaiting new content since about Day 5 of the last Festival. I wonder if this will be tied to a Halloween event, or we’ll get two new content items in less than a month. :)

I enjoy these conversations immensely; is this an isolated occurrence, or a sign of a possible resurgence?

[color=#ff9900]It seems to have been positively received, so hopefully the Masters will feel inclined to do more.
[/color]
[color=#ff9900]
[/color]
edited by Chris Gardiner on 9/26/2014

Does this impolite exchange have anything to do with the fact that I can’t seem to access Fallen London? I imagine a full-blown argument between the Masters would be enough to contort the very fabric of reality for a time, and if so I hope they make amends very soon.

At any rate, I am delighted by the prospect of new content. And they mentioned the Vake! Perhaps they will let slip it’s current location and I can resume the hunt.

Edit: nvm, Fallen London is back online.

edited by Owen Wulf on 9/26/2014