An Idea For The Gift of Scorn

I would really like to give the gift of scorn (a dead bat with a bow around it) to the deviless in the an Intimate of Devils storyline at the &quotmy lady’s bat is dead&quot part. Then again, i’m also the kind of person who would make a pair of glasses out of shards of heart’s mirror to see if anyone fell for it. Am I just a horrible person? I probably am!

What other uses for this gift would you like to see?

As an additional idea, you could send it to others. Too many would probably drive them batty!

(If you can do that, please tell me. I didn’t see an option for it.)

I want to be able to send them to the Masters.

Especially Mr. Cups

I think I’ve accidentally clicked “report to moderator” for one of the posts in this thread. (Working on mobile and the screen glitched while swiping down)

Sorry about that.

It’s quite alright - that’s an easy fix. :)

It’s a pity there’s no way to undo accidental reports.

I think it’s rare enough, and our forum moderators are very good at keeping this in check.

Right now you can’t send these to other players, right? And if I’m wrong and you can, do they harm you in any way? The last thing I need is another option for pranksters to harass me.

These might work well with the new divorce mechanics. (maybe receive a gift of scorn when getting the divorce?)

No, all feast-gifts are actual gifts. The only downside is if you feel obligated to reciprocate, but just abandon those pesky feeling os guilt for un-asked for gifts, and accept them regardless.

Good to know. I was worried I was going to have to live in paranoia that any gifts sent my way would turn out to pranks that delete half my masquing or something. Thanks for answering so fast :)

[quote=GamerGallade]I would really like to give the gift of scorn (a dead bat with a bow around it) to the deviless in the an Intimate of Devils storyline at the &quotmy lady’s bat is dead&quot part. Then again, i’m also the kind of person who would make a pair of glasses out of shards of heart’s mirror to see if anyone fell for it. Am I just a horrible person? I probably am!

What other uses for this gift would you like to see?[/quote]

Were you a Seeker of the Name, by any chance? It sounds as though you relish courting punishment. :-) It would be nice to come up with another thing to do with Scorn gifts, particularly if the amount of Masquing you can obtain with them is capped as it was last year. (I still have 10 of the blasted things from last year!)

[quote=Catherine Raymond][quote=GamerGallade]I would really like to give the gift of scorn (a dead bat with a bow around it) to the deviless in the an Intimate of Devils storyline at the &quotmy lady’s bat is dead&quot part. Then again, i’m also the kind of person who would make a pair of glasses out of shards of heart’s mirror to see if anyone fell for it. Am I just a horrible person? I probably am!

What other uses for this gift would you like to see?[/quote]

Were you a Seeker of the Name, by any chance? It sounds as though you relish courting punishment. :-) It would be nice to come up with another thing to do with Scorn gifts, particularly if the amount of Masquing you can obtain with them is capped as it was last year. (I still have 10 of the blasted things from last year!)[/quote]
You can, in fact, sell gifts of scorn for 20 pence each.

Or just keep them forever. Which raises questions on why my snow melts but my bats don’t rot.

Use them as realistic Masters Action Figures!

Although I guess that means you’d need to eat one?

Coming next Sacksmas to a Bazaar near you: Malibu Mr. Apples Dream-Spire!

edited by Charlotte_de_Witte on 2/10/2016

You used to be able to send both Gifts of Scorn and Adoration. Gifts of Adoration used to cost Fate.
They were repurposed when the Feast changed rather significantly about 2 or 3 years ago.

Do we know if Gifts of Adoration are still available somewhere in the current version of the Feast?