An Eternal Theorem or a Mind's Mad Ramblings

While contemplating a matter of possibilities regarding goats of all kinds and several equations, I have apeared to have stumbled across a series of algorithms unraveling The Chain’s secrets. More importantly though, It has revealed several things that make me begin to question the Jugments true understanding of The Chain.

It all began after I started wondering if it were possible to create a sort of representation of The Chain; part of which done though a combination of Overgoats, Übergoats, and Heptagoats. Don’t ask why I thought this might be of use, just know that I did.

I realized (though don’t ask exactly how) that a simple 7 Heptagoats was not the awnser to this. After several days of pacing on the subject, I came up with algorithm #1’s initial form.
However, since I do not wish to detail every revision in detail; I shall simply post its latest form:

(Bare in mind this first section holds less importance then the following ones, as their significance is still questionable and appears as little more then ramblings)

• Should 7 be The Chains number, were I to assign the Heptagoats an equation; Each should hold a fairly similar equation representing major sections of The Chain.

• If [A]=The_Result_Of_This_Eternal_Equation, and {a}=The_Eternal_Base_Number; (a) is likely either 7 or The Universal Constant (also known as [mc], or the Speed Of Light).

•As such, {A} is there for {{{{{{[a]^7 Dimentions of reality}^7 Dimentions of the our verse and it’s conjoined segments}^7 Dimentions of our local verse cluster’s segments.}^7 Dimentions from our verse cluster and it’s conjoined segments} etc}, etc}. Final result should look like this: {{{{{{{[a]^(+/-)7}^(+/-)7}^(+/-)7}^(+/-)7}^(+/-)7}^(+/-)7}^(+/-)7} = {A}*

*= Minor alteration may be required for each goat.

This, while interesting, was only the beginning as I then turned my attention to the Übergoats. I recalled a fragment from &quotThe Skin Of The Bazaar&quot that I read on the wiki; &quot… seven divided by an impossible number&quot.

I realized that the key to the number I was looking for, just like seven, lied within one used everyday. I then also realized that the only number that could bridge the gap between the possible and impossible (with itself no less), was none other than Three:

•While Three stands as a true number, should you divide 3 by itself twice, and then multiply by 3 once; while in principle you should receive 1 as a reasult of 3/3, you also receive 0.999999…, which is less then 1 and thus not 1 while still being 1.

•If [(+/-)3] is IS’s which are represented as [I], and The Connecter/Divider is represented as {D} which is equal to {[I]^-3}, IS NOT’S are represented as [i] and is equal to 1-3[(+/-)3^-3] as [i] creates something that is borderline zero, yet remains not zero.

•While there is more, I shall cut to the part of how the ubove equation effects Parabola, the Devils, an in turn- The Chain.
I believe that parabola is not infact nonexistent, but is rather The Chain (ours alone or mixed with other major unique segments) in a &quotmolten&quot.
This would explain the rules of parabola rather well, with our portion of The Chain relying on light to make the rules as a base law, it would be understandable how the perspection of light by even a mere human could warp the flimsy state of The Chain.

•Those within parabola are [i]'s, they have almost fully left the chain, but they haven’t left it at all: They exist with the rules of our reality, but that do so barely that were they to leave the unordered land of parabola, they will be rendered meaningless and will be acounted for as only what is true; which means that, unless you have a body to boost or reduce yourself, you shall accounted for by Those Who Speak And Think For Light as zero.
Which, therefore, shall make you zero.
Those with body’s however may hide themselves within the changes in number, appearing as normal to the untrained eye.

• The Devils who share a border with parabola are the [D], they are close enough to reality to pass the Jugments Light, but not enough so that they are fully cut off from the weaker parts of reality. This Is where The Chane is cooling and setting.

•It can be assumed that since [i] + [D] = (+/-)1, the results of these two murgeing would either result in:
A~ One consuming the other and becoming fully part of the chain.
or
B~ Both being combined/eliminated/cancelled_out in the creation of something new and fully real in the chain.

There was some more that I worked out, like how the chain can therefore be molded an recorded, and more importantly, have parts destroyed or created safely, and how the remains are not lost from the chain, just scattered… But this is all I could write in one sitting.
I will post more if I can think of more, remember this thread, and be bothered to return because I am both lazy and quite a forgetful procrastinator.
edited by Trilby on 7/9/2016

You are doing a Flash Lay with a false identity as a rambling academic, aren’t you

[quote=Trilby]As such, {A} is there for {{{{{{[a]^7 Dimentions of reality}^7 Dimentions of the our verse and it’s conjoined segments}^7 Dimentions of our local verse cluster’s segments.}^7 Dimentions from our verse cluster and it’s conjoined segments} etc}, etc}. Final result should look like this: {{{{{{{[a]^(+/-)7}^(+/-)7}^(+/-)7}^(+/-)7}^(+/-)7}^(+/-)7}^(+/-)7} = {A}* [/quote]Yeah, my thoughts exactly…

… seriously though, could you give a TL;DR version of your post? ;)

Either way, I can smell barbeque in my cranium.

Let’s see if I got this.
The equation is a mathematical representation of the Great Chain. The Chain, you say, is formed by seven primary segments, which then split into other segments (the “dimentions”. it’s “dimensions”, by the way). However, this equation is incomplete as it does not factor the creatures of Parabola or those bordering Parabola, such as the devils of Hell. The number 3 serves as the equivalent of 7 for these “impossible”/nonexistant places (???).
By acknowledging the equation, a being of Parabola could manipulate the Chain and posess people in the real/existing world.
I can also conclude that your Nightmares stat, along with your Scholar of the Correspondence stat, must be along the lines of 77, and that given that it’s 3 in the morning here, my own nightmares stat may have just increased by seven points.

It’s strange but if I allow my mind to glaze over the details of the mathematics the theory makes complete sense to me. I’d type out my understanding of it but I think I’ll need to dream first and allow it to coalesce before I convert it back into words, just to make sure it all adds up.

Several points come to mind:

• 0.9… equals one and exactly one, insofar as real numbers are concerned. While there are systems of mathematics that allow for infinitesimals, it is my understanding that 1/3 still has an exact value that when multiplied by 3 equals exactly one. See also this tome. [/li][li]You allow for alterations for each goat, without enumerating what those alterations may be or explaining why they can occur. I would think they would be impossible due to symmetry.[/li][li]It is argued that (a) equals either 7 or c (299,792,458 m/s), but later equations treat a=7 as a given. How would the equations look if a=c? In particular, how would the units of measurement interact with the equations? [/li][li]I think you should consider, in addition to 7 and 3, the role of the number 9. Not because it is 3^2, a fact that should not in itself make it very significant, but because we know that consumption is an act of great significance in matters concerning the chain, and it is well known that seven eight nine.

[quote=BillyBones]Let’s see if I got this.
The equation is a mathematical representation of the Great Chain. The Chain, you say, is formed by seven primary segments, which then split into other segments (the &quotdimentions&quot. it’s &quotdimensions&quot, by the way). However, this equation is incomplete as it does not factor the creatures of Parabola or those bordering Parabola, such as the devils of Hell. The number 3 serves as the equivalent of 7 for these &quotimpossible&quot/nonexistant places (???).
By acknowledging the equation, a being of Parabola could manipulate the Chain and posess people in the real/existing world.
I can also conclude that your Nightmares stat, along with your Scholar of the Correspondence stat, must be along the lines of 77, and that given that it’s 3 in the morning here, my own nightmares stat may have just increased by seven points.[/quote]

Sleep scedules are still partially foreign consepts to me.

[quote=phryne][quote=Trilby]As such, {A} is there for {{{{{{[a]^7 Dimentions of reality}^7 Dimentions of the our verse and it’s conjoined segments}^7 Dimentions of our local verse cluster’s segments.}^7 Dimentions from our verse cluster and it’s conjoined segments} etc}, etc}. Final result should look like this: {{{{{{{[a]^(+/-)7}^(+/-)7}^(+/-)7}^(+/-)7}^(+/-)7}^(+/-)7}^(+/-)7} = {A}* [/quote]Yeah, my thoughts exactly…

… seriously though, could you give a TL;DR version of your post? ;)[/quote]

For the most important bit of that; devil + dream snake = something the Jugments will find perfectly ok.

If that’s another way to say I’m over thinking all this, and need to reconsider how I use my time; then you are absolutely right.

[quote=Angus Turner]Several points come to mind:

• 0.9… equals one and exactly one, insofar as real numbers are concerned. While there are systems of mathematics that allow for infinitesimals, it is my understanding that 1/3 still has an exact value that when multiplied by 3 equals exactly one. See also this tome. [/li][li]You allow for alterations for each goat, without enumerating what those alterations may be or explaining why they can occur. I would think they would be impossible due to symmetry.[/li][li]It is argued that (a) equals either 7 or c (299,792,458 m/s), but later equations treat a=7 as a given. How would the equations look if a=c? In particular, how would the units of measurement interact with the equations? [/li][li]I think you should consider, in addition to 7 and 3, the role of the number 9. Not because it is 3^2, a fact that should not in itself make it very significant, but because we know that consumption is an act of great significance in matters concerning the chain, and it is well known that seven eight nine.

First of all that would be a wise Idea, specially now that I’ve let this all out of my system.
I would like to keep this rabbit hole from pulling me any deeper, and the best way to do that would be to plug any remaining inconsistencys or holes in all this.

Secondly… Those are actually very good point you bring up…

:( I thought the point of playing game is to get away from maths… This look harder than my exam!