Alternate ways to end an Acquaintance?

Does anyone know if there’s a way to end an Acquaintance with another player other than using the &quotsnub&quot option at your lodgings? My influence is almost maxed out, and I have quite a few acquaintances who I’m pretty sure aren’t still playing the game, but I’d prefer not to send Snub messages. Note that deleting a contact from the overall StoyNexus contacts list removes them as a choice when sending social invites, but as far as I can tell it does not actually end the Acquaintance or decrease Influence.

Any assistance would be appreciated.

Nope; you have to snub them. My advice is to include something to the effect of ‘Doing this to make room for a friend’ in the text box if you don’t want to offend them.

I’d also recommend that you try to avoid sending Calling Cards to random people in the future; I ended up having the same problem because I was one of the idiots who filled up my influence pool at the beginning of the Calling Card rush.
[li]

You could send them a letter or social action asking them to snub you instead. That’ll give them a fair chance if they value their Making Waves and/or Confident Smiles.

Thank you Snowskeeper and Gillsing for you excellent suggestions!

With Snubbing as the only way to end an Acquaintance, I’ve decided to send letters to Acquaintances that I suspect are no longer playing, explaining the situation and asking them if they are in fact still playing. If not, then I’ll wait a week (as indicated in the letter) before I Snub. And I’ll suggest that if they actually ARE still playing but don’t want to keep up the Acquaintance, then they should Snub me.

A bit unwieldy, but it should work.

For what it’s worth, one person has snubbed me with the apologetic message that they wanted room for more protegés and I wasn’t offended in the slightest.