All our Electorates are terrible people.

Did Jenny just commit treason? :P

When was all this revealed? I don’t see anything new…

I have been living on the Slow Bost since reachingFixer 20, though, building up Weeping Scars for Seeking. I hope that I did not miss an event…

Jenny’s revelation isn’t any big surprise, it is politics after all and those of the Neath are dirtier than most, of course the prospective mayor is going to want to get something out of their position (or even a whole lot out of their position).

The Bishop’s is interesting to me, though, because (in true Bishop of Southwark Fashion) it could have a million different consequences, many of which are impossible to foresee. London is a place where spirifers skulk in hospitals to steal the souls of invalids - getting a public list of legal soul trades would do a lot to help people who have had their souls straight-up stolen from them. On the other hand, public discrepancies between who has sold their soul and who has gotten it back would mean a lot more attention than a certain shepherd’s committee wants or is ready for…
edited by Guanine on 7/11/2016

[quote=th8827]When was all this revealed? I don’t see anything new…

I have been living on the Slow Bost since reachingFixer 20, though, building up Weeping Scars for Seeking. I hope that I did not miss an event…[/quote]

It was revealed only a couple of hours ago. You can find the new stuff in Flash Lay and Investigation, or the sticky thread.

New text has been added to the three Flash lay endings and the three Investigation endings today.

[quote=Guanine]Jenny’s revelation isn’t any big surprise, it is politics after all and those of the Neath are dirtier than most, of course the prospective mayor is going to want to get something out of their position (or even a whole lot out of their position).

The Bishop’s is interesting to me, though, because (in true Bishop of Southwark Fashion) it could have a million different consequences, many of which are impossible to foresee. London is a place where spirifers skulk in hospitals to steal the souls of invalids - getting a public list of legal soul trades would do a lot to help people who have had their souls straight-up stolen from them. On the other hand, public discrepancies between who has sold their soul and who has gotten it back would mean a lot more attention than a certain shepherd’s committee wants or is ready for…
edited by Guanine on 7/11/2016[/quote]
Also, quite a few people in high society and the legal profession have their soul &quotabstracted&quot in order to essentially become career sociopaths. If your lawyer doesn’t have a soul you’d probably want to know. Also, there’s the shame and peer pressure aspect. If everyone knew you just sold your soul you’d probably be very embarrassed and find a lot of people disappointed in you. If you were concerned with your reputation you’d avoid this.

This actually gives us a glimpse of just how the Bishop will carry on his campaign against the Brass Embassy once in office.

The Contrarian, of course. He is a troll that picks sides he doesn’t even believe in just for the lolz, and in the end gets nothing done (but people hating him). He is the internet incarnate.

That would be pretty interesting, actually . . .

. . . is it weird I want the Firebrand as a candidate, though? We have some companions that would be fascinating to see expanded, such as Lettice, the Affable Spy, and the Talkative Rat . . . well, maybe not the rat . . . rats probably vote en masse, so his opponents wouldn’t stand a chance. Well, it won’t be long before we have a post asking for potential candidates, then five polls to discern which three it should be, at least it this year’s forum activity stands as a precedent XD[/quote]

Jack is gone, no? (At least for some of us.) But Feducci is a good candidate, if his foreign birth doesn’t disqualify him.

Are you kidding me?
Feducci is even more of a terrible person than Jenny.

But terrible people are so much more interesting :P

Vaguely terrible people is not interesting!

Jasper vs Frank! With Clarence as the dark horse candidate.

Vaguely terrible people is not interesting![/quote]

But the election will flesh them out. That’s interesting.

Then again, I might be full of crap since I find the most interesting candidate of the three we have now to be the Bishop, and he’s the least terrible :P

Yes! More Clarence please :D

If nothing else, Jenny blackmailing the city into a Vake Grand Hunt is an magnificent sight. Pitchforks everywhere.

My personal candidates for next year is Lyme, Madame Shoshanna, and Monsieur Pleat. We really need some skeletons in the closet for Lyme. Plus, instead of corruption, we get brainwashing, and I want more detail on Shoshanna’s little goat.

#MrCrapper2017

[quote=Estelle Knoht]If nothing else, Jenny blackmailing the city into a Vake Grand Hunt is an magnificent sight. Pitchforks everywhere.

My personal candidates for next year is Lyme, Madame Shoshanna, and Monsieur Pleat. We really need some skeletons in the closet for Lyme. Plus, instead of corruption, we get brainwashing, and I want more detail on Shoshanna’s little goat.

#MrCrapper2017[/quote]
Lyme’s a Clay Man though. I don’t think Clay Men can actually run for office, what with them being Clay and Foreign. Also, while most players like them, most of London’s people do not, so…
edited by Anne Auclair on 7/11/2016

Don’t let that stop you, Anne. Popularity’s never an issue; everyone and their mother hates Feducci as well, but no one complains about him being in power. ;)

I admit, I do want to see a phony psychic run the city into the ground.

No, I mean, it would kind of be a break from the game’s world building and continuity. It’s been established most people distrust and fear Claymen (often violently so), so it doesn’t strike me as realistic within the story for Londoners to vote for one.

Some good candidates for the next election could be his Amused Lordship and the Dauntless Temperance Campaigner. It would be interesting to see his Amused Lordship involved in a major story that doesn’t involve the Mountain and I’m curious as to what his vision for London is. The Dauntless Temperance Campaigner is a character who, much like Jenny and the Contrarian, could really do with some fleshing out, and who would also be perfect for an election story (plus, she’s a lady and the next election should have at least one lady).