All Good Things

So long as I haven’t condemned my potential pony to perpetual Masterly mistreatment, I am happy. Also, you are a frightful tease, you naughty becapp-ed tiger.

Can one correctly take this as confirmation that Enigma is available to players, provided they stumble upon how to unlock it, or is it purely a dev-only thing? I think I could enjoy dedicating myself to finding it, provided I knew it could be done.

Can one correctly take this as confirmation that Enigma is available to players, provided they stumble upon how to unlock it, or is it purely a dev-only thing? I think I could enjoy dedicating myself to finding it, provided I knew it could be done.[/quote]
[color=#009900]
Eh, it’s only fair to come clean and say, the Enigma Ambition is in fact a gag. I’ll regret admitting this, but it’s had a good long run and I’ve had a glass of wine. [/color][color=rgb(0, 153, 0)]Although you never know, I may yet implement it in my copious free time.[/color]

I am not falling for this one again. Nope. Nuh-uh. No way.

i’ll trade thousands of rostygold/jade/moonpearls and/or this bag of rats for a hint at a clue at a secret. any secret you like.

If someone did unlock the secret of solipsism, by very definition, they’d have no-one to tell about it…

[quote=Spacemarine9][quote=Alexis Kennedy]
i’ll trade thousands of rostygold/jade/moonpearls and/or this bag of rats for a hint at a clue at a secret. any secret you like.[/quote]

[color=#009900]Holman Hunt and Charles Dickens both have speaking parts in the game.[/color]

Perhaps that’s just as well. I can’t even remember how it came about, but for the longest time I had this nagging hunch that it was initiated by drinking Tea Leaves whilst having no ambition to forget but London herself. I’m glad I didn’t have to see myself proven wrong by firsthand experience.

[quote=Alexis Kennedy]

[color=#009900]Holman Hunt and Charles Dickens both have speaking parts in the game.[/color][/quote]

suddenly, two new Mysteries questions appear. I think Holman Hunt is the urchin on the roof and Charles Darwin is Mr Hearts. do i get a prize

speaking of, are they ever going to close? I swear I’ve seen this question asked more times than I can count but I don’t remember any official answer.
edited by Spacemarine9 on 1/26/2013

[quote=Spacemarine9]
suddenly, two new Mysteries questions appear. I think Holman Hunt is the urchin on the roof and Charles Darwin is Mr Hearts. do i get a prize

speaking of, are they ever going to close? I swear I’ve seen this question asked more times than I can count but I don’t remember any official answer.
edited by Spacemarine9 on 1/26/2013[/quote]

[color=#009900]This is why I never post on these threads. First hints, now prizes. It never ends![/color]
[color=#009900]
[/color]
[color=#009900]We will close the Mysteries at some point, but it’ll be a big admin effort and there’s always something more important on the stack. which is where I came in![/color]

>nagging hunch

[color=#009900]I’ve seen that proposed, possibly by you, and I honestly can’t remember if it was a rumour we started or not.[/color]

Ambition: Enigma, a mystery wrapped in a rumour wrapped in a lie.
starting that rumour yourself is an awfully devious ploy to generate fate sales, how underhanded. shock and scandal.

I think I’ve worked out who Messrs Hunt & Dickens are, and, well, my estimation for a certain character has only increased!

The Quiet Deviless is my favorite too! I would dump my Devout Intriguer in a moment for a Quiet Devilless as my constant companion… (though, it would be nice if the two of them could come to an understanding… ;) )

I haven’t a clue. mainly because i immediately forget everyone’s names as a matter of course and instead remember them by their character portraits
which gets confusing when you think F F Gerbrant is your aunt.

If I’m right, the character portraits was actually how I remembered them. “Haven’t I seen a Neathy version of…? Oh, yes, of course!”

I’m betting it’d be an ambition only able to be taken if you become a PoSI without having touched the other ambitions. An ambition for those who lack ambition, as it were.

Going to confess to slipping the “entrance text” for the Enigma Ambition in the House of Chimes entry-database yet? It was beautifully done, whoever did it.
edited by Asclepius Unbound on 2/3/2013