Advent calendar discussion

(( First off, I dont know if this is really a thread worth making. We could just go discuss the advent calendar somewhere else but after the success of the &quotConfessions&quot thread i thought i might aswell. ))[li]
So as most of you know, Failbetter confirmed that they will be releasing a &quotFallen london advent calendar&quot.
Every day throughout december up until Sacksmas im guessing we will receive an access code over at https://twitter.com/EchoBazaar
and the Fallen london facebook page. These can be used to gain lore,some small items and perhaps some greater gifts later down the line.

This is a thread made to discuss them and the content they unlock! Have fun![/li][li]Happy sackmas in advance! All shall be well and etc, dont fall down wells though.[/li][li]
edited by Blackleaf on 12/1/2013[/li][li]
edited by Blackleaf on 12/1/2013

The code is now available on Twitter. I will let others discover what tumbles down your chimney - half the fun of presents is the surprise:)

Yeah. Ill post what the codes actuly give out a 1-2 days after theyve expired.[li]

[color=#009900]Please don’t spoil the fun by posting them here, before or after expiry,[/color][li]

I wont! Thanks for telling me.[/li][li]

What about after Christmas, though, as a sort of archiving for posterity?

Im alredy archiving them. Ill keep them written down for later days.

Are Facebook and Twitter different? Mobile device, FB access being stupid.

Looks like the same code for both an_ocelot.

Thank you!

That’s kinda covered by ‘after expiry’.
If people are aware they’ve missed out on something, but unsure what, they may be curious enough to be more efficient next year (What did you get? mysterious smile Gaddommit, fine, I’ll pay attention next time). Assuming we have Christmas next year.

But I’m an arse, and immoderately proud of that. Maybe taunting isn’t the motivator I’ve always assumed.

So I got a request from someone to mirror the access codes on Twitter/Facebook to Tumblr, given that there’s no official EBZ presence there. Would you prefer if I linked to the twitter/facebook posts as opposed to linking to the code itself or should I just not link anything at all and leave those people without a Twitter/Facebook account to fend for themselves?

[color=#009900]We expect the Advent Calendar text will show up on wikis after it’s all over -but we don’t want people getting in the habit of dumping content on these boards.[/color]
[color=#009900]
[/color]
[color=#009900]Part of the reason we’re doing the codes through Twitter and Facebook is to encourage people to follow those channels, because they’re really useful for announcements ([/color][color=rgb(0, 153, 0)]as witness the number of people who missed the extra action announcements and keep sending us bug reports)[/color][color=rgb(0, 153, 0)]. So we’d rather you linked to Twitter or FB, and thanks for asking.[/color]
[li]
[color=#009900]
[/color]

Alright! I’ll just link to Twitter because getting a permalink is easier, I guess. I usually mirror most of the EBZ accounts’ announcements, but I’m roughly as unofficial as it’s possible to get.

underground FL blogging scene

Ooh, this was a lovely gift! Thank you!
edited by Laluzi on 12/1/2013

I just got my 1st December present! Lovely little gift; I have great expectations for the rest of the month.

[quote=Alexis Kennedy]
[color=#009900]Part of the reason we’re doing the codes through Twitter and Facebook is to encourage people to follow those channels, because they’re really useful for announcements ([/color][color=rgb(0, 153, 0)]as witness the number of people who missed the extra action announcements and keep sending us bug reports)[/color][color=rgb(0, 153, 0)]
[/color][/quote]

Should I be checking both, or is just one enough?

They’re the same code.

[li]
[color=#009900]Normally that’s fine, and indeed helpful! This is unusual, and I’m not even that fussed, but you asked.[/color]

Well, better safe than sorry! Don’t want to have to deal with an angry tiger, after all. :V