Advancing in the fields

[li]I seem to be stuck, or at least going in circles. I am unable to become a Person of Some Importance. I can’t get the velocipede in the Side Streets because I need Strong Backed Labour but I can’t get to the Foreign Office or Wilmot’s End. I’m also unable to join the Dilum Club without this status. All of my stats are well over 100 even without accessories/clothes on. The only things I seem to be able to do currently are keep catching hyena in the Labyrinth to breed to no avail, Investigating the Big Rat and the Box of Intrigue (I’m at 40 for that).

[li]Currently I am at:
Banished from the Court/A Name Signed With a Flourish 7
A Name Whispered in the Dark 5
Featuring in the Tales of the University 40
Making Progress in the Labyrinth of Tigers 16
Ambition Light Fingers 51 (Need to get the South Archipelago)[/li]
Any help or guidance would be wonderful. If you need more info, just ask and I can look.
[li]
edited by heavensdark on 7/15/2016

You can buy strong backed labour in the clay quarters from lady bones road, or in the bazaar side streets (but i’m not sure if thats available for you yet)

You may wish to Visit the Workshops of the Great Downward Engineering Company. I believe there is someone there who may help you for a price.

The clay quarters are definetly the best place to get your hands on some strong-backed labour. They’re accessible through the &quotLife on Ladybones road&quot category in, you guessed it, Ladybones road.

Becoming a PoSI requires some fairly expensive equipment, but I don’t think that’s going to be a problem, as you seem to be fairly far in.
edited by Infinity Simulacrum on 7/15/2016

Except that Life in Ladybones Road is confined to POSI. Is it possible that all the various names tracks need to be taken up to at least 6 first? (To open up more material, I mean.) CIay labour is indeed available in the Clay Quarters and/or part of the payment for particular professions - the seriously unglamorous rat-catcher, for instance.
edited by Meradine Heidenreich on 7/16/2016

In your Lodgings, under &quotFIND NEW STORIES: Chat with the Local Gossip&quot, do you have the option &quotSpeak to the Loquacious Vicar…&quot?
If so, does that have an option &quotA person of some importance&quot?

(Or is there a different reason for being unable to become a POSI?)

EDIT: I’m now assuming that you’re on the path to becoming a POSI, possibly ‘A Person Of Some Little Consequence’ 11 ?
If so, you should have access to the Bazaar Side-streets from when you went from 9 to 10. As someone else has suggested, The Great Downward Engineering Company (in the Bazaar Side-Streets) should be able to help you out.
edited by Kittenpox on 7/17/2016

As Wilmot’s End depends on drawing the right card, I am astonished it isn’t open to you yet. But as indicated upthread, Clay labor may be bought in the Bazaar Side Streets or in the Clay Quarters of Ladybones Road, which ought to be available to you if you’ve solved the affair of the Missing Contessa.

– Mal

[quote=Meradine Heidenreich]Except that Life in Ladybones Road is confined to POSI. Is it possible that all the various names tracks need to be taken up to at least 6 first? (To open up more material, I mean.) CIay labour is indeed available in the Clay Quarters and/or part of the payment for particular professions - the seriously unglamorous rat-catcher, for instance.
edited by Meradine Heidenreich on 7/16/2016[/quote]

Life on Ladybones Road is not confined to PoSI’s, Unfinished Business on Ladybones Road is.

EDIT: Also, recruiting Clay Men for labour does slightly drop Magnanimous and increase Ruthless. Just something to keep in mind!
edited by Paflick on 7/16/2016

To cut through the confusion on this thread - you have access to the shops on the Bazaar Side-Streets. One of them sells Strong-Backed Labour. You can also get Strong-Backed Labour in the Clay Quarters on Ladybones Road for slightly cheaper. You will have access to Wilmot’s End if you draw the right card.

Is there more than one card that helps open Wilmot’s End? I finally did manage to become a PoSI and am working on those alongside the Box of Intrigue storyline.

[li]

[quote=Kittenpox]In your Lodgings, under &quotFIND NEW STORIES: Chat with the Local Gossip&quot, do you have the option &quotSpeak to the Loquacious Vicar…&quot?
If so, does that have an option &quotA person of some importance&quot?

(Or is there a different reason for being unable to become a POSI?)

EDIT: I’m now assuming that you’re on the path to becoming a POSI, possibly ‘A Person Of Some Little Consequence’ 11 ?
If so, you should have access to the Bazaar Side-streets from when you went from 9 to 10. As someone else has suggested, The Great Downward Engineering Company (in the Bazaar Side-Streets) should be able to help you out.
edited by Kittenpox on 7/17/2016[/quote]

Yes, I was near the end of PoSLC but I managed to become a PoSI. The Vicar at my lodgings gives me 2 options (3 if you count the fate locked option) which are A Tale of Terror!!! and Set Out on a Scientific Expedition. I can’t do the latter yet since I only have 1 Book of Hidden Bodies.

[li]

When talking to the Bohemian Scupltress, does it matter if I do Wilmot’s End or the Foreign Office first?

I don’t think the order matters but you will need high stats in Persuasive, Watchful, and I think Dangerous to complete one. The Foreign Office requires you to get collect a few items too. But depending on what you want to do first, it’s probably better to collect the items you need for the boat or other items you’d like.