Action Refresh Sale!

[color=#0066ff]As of now and for the next week, action refreshes are half price![/color]
[color=#0066ff]
[/color]
[color=#0066ff]5 Nex will get you 20 actions, and 2 Nex will get you 6.[/color]
[color=#0066ff]
[/color]
[color=#0066ff]Have at it, and happy Thanksgiving for those of you celebrating![/color]

Thanks, this is great! Do you mind if I ask if these prices canc be kept permanent? I know I’d personally spend more Nex on 6 actions if it were only 2. But then again, I don’t know if it can be done since I don’t know Failbetter’s financial situation. Just a thought, but I’m greedy like that.

Either way, This is very much appreciated and is awesome! XD

Cool! Thank you.

[quote=Kylestien]Thanks, this is great! Do you mind if I ask if these prices canc be kept permanent? I know I’d personally spend more Nex on 6 actions if it were only 2. But then again, I don’t know if it can be done since I don’t know Failbetter’s financial situation. Just a thought, but I’m greedy like that.

Either way, This is very much appreciated and is awesome! XD[/quote]

Seriously?!

Maybe it’s just because I’m in an unusually grumpy mood for a Friday morning, but I have to say it’s pretty disappointing that the very first response to FBG giving a holiday bonus is someone asking for more.

A 6 action refresh is normally $1, and is currently 50c. Hardly a bank-breaker if you’re prepared to spend Nex on Action refreshes.

Anyway, we’ve discussed this before - I very much doubt that FBG are trying to arrange game mechanics and prices to optimise the amount of Nex that is spent. If you want to, great. If you don’t, don’t.

/rant
edited by A B Nile on 11/28/2014

Before there were unlimited actions per day, they tried it out for a week with the festival of unlimited actions. Just speculation, but this may be something similar, seeing how it works for the possibility of making it the norm later if it goes well this week.

Personally, I’d rather have cheaper opportunity card refreshes than card refreshes.
edited by KatarinaNavane on 11/28/2014

I need to leave some feedback about the way this offer has been implemented. The advertisement &quotAction refresh sale! 50% off!&quot displayed in a huge font affects me in a negative way. It alters the ambience of the game completely, and spoils it for me.

On first sight I edited the HTML to remove the message, hoping this would work until my next page reload, but the game server pushes frequent updates, so this isn’t a solution.

I am sympathetic to the developers’ need to earn income. I have purchased a large amount of FATE-locked content to support the game. However, I can’t accept this style of in-your-face advertising. Until the sale message is removed I’ll be playing far less frequently, and I won’t be renewing my normal monthly purchase of exceptional friendship.
edited by Edmund Winterset on 11/28/2014

[quote=Edmund Winterset]I need to leave some feedback about the way this offer has been implemented. The advertisement &quotAction refresh sale! 50% off!&quot displayed in a huge font affects me in a negative way. It alters the ambience of the game completely, and spoils it for me.

On first sight I edited the HTML to remove the message, hoping this would work until my next page reload, but the game server pushes frequent updates, so this isn’t a solution.

I am sympathetic to the developers’ need to earn income. I have purchased a large amount of FATE-locked content to support the game. However, I can’t accept this style of in-your-face advertising. Until the sale message is removed I’ll be playing far less frequently, and I won’t be renewing my normal monthly purchase of exceptional friendship.
edited by Edmund Winterset on 11/28/2014[/quote]

Kind of agree with this. The dismissable notification is ok, but the oversized green text is distractingly ugly, and two exclamation marks is at least one too many!

You can kill it with AdBlock, if that’s a thing you run - should be a right-click option:

Imgur

A custom style to hide it works too:

(I use Stylish add-on for Chrome, but all browsers will let you have user-defined CSS somehow)

I’m fairly ad averse and I find it pretty non invasive.
I’m more worried about missing FL announcements, like new content, than I am about having to click one measly time to get rid of an announcement.

I’m for it.

Clearly, the notification which can be dismissed with a click is totally fine. I was only commenting on the advert which appears in large green text in the left hand column, which can’t be dismissed.

[quote=yetanotherone][quote=Edmund Winterset]I need to leave some feedback about the way this offer has been implemented. The advertisement &quotAction refresh sale! 50% off!&quot displayed in a huge font affects me in a negative way. It alters the ambience of the game completely, and spoils it for me.

edited by Edmund Winterset on 11/28/2014[/quote]

Kind of agree with this. The dismissable notification is ok, but the oversized green text is distractingly ugly, and two exclamation marks is at least one too many!

You can kill it with AdBlock, if that’s a thing you run - should be a right-click option:

Imgur

A custom style to hide it works too:

(I use Stylish add-on for Chrome, but all browsers will let you have user-defined CSS somehow)[/quote]

Thanks very much. You’ve solved my problem. I’ve been using Adblock Plus instead of Adblock for ages, and had forgotten that the original Adblock lets you block specific elements.

Back to playing happily. Cheers.

[quote=Nigel Overstreet]I’m fairly ad averse and I find it pretty non invasive.
I’m more worried about missing FL announcements, like new content, than I am about having to click one measly time to get rid of an announcement.

I’m for it.[/quote]

I was entirely in agreement with you till I realised they weren’t talking about the more than acceptable banner but the bit below the candle. Which does have a traumatic number of exclamation marks. The banner is useful and fine. The green writing in a larger font than anywhere else on the page was glaring on first look. I’m getting more used to it now, in that I’m ignoring it entirely. If the font just matched the rest, and it was perhaps: Action refresh sale: 50% off! I think it would be absolutely fine.