Accidently Ended an Important Acquaintance....

I just had to get that out there - it was so God D*** stupid. I had a 12 with the Sardonic Music Hall Singer, I cherished her companionship and needed her for aquiring the “Time Passing” trait to get more Marks of Credit. So I have to use all of my acquaintances to get up to 14 and have to run through their list of options over and over. And I was a little blearly eyed and moved to quickly and accidentally clicked the "terminate aqcuaintencefor the Sardonic Music Hall Singer button, killing all of my work and stalling me from getting to the Iron Republic. I am just so angry, now I have to wait for the right opportunity card to popup- often than not thankfully for her.

I am just wondering why the H*** that is even a bloody option? There is absolutely no D**** downside to having an acquaintance, it is in fact one of the most valuable things in the game. Who would willingly terminate so vital a friendship in this dreary hole in the ground that is London? One accidental click and I pull the equivalent of a shooting my toe when it comes to my social alliances, not even so much as a “are you sure?” to save you when you are not intending to do so.

Most. Useless. Option. Ever - of all time.

Who else thinks they should just strike out the ability to end an acquaintance? Especially since you can now spend fate to acquire them - you may very well have paid for it!
edited by Owen Wulf on 3/28/2013

I actually use it to improve my deck.

Something like 1 card vs 2-3 cards. Very helpful if you are searching for a card in particular.

She still shows up fairly often. You should be able to meet her again soon.

There are other ways to raise it scattered around too. Wiki could probably advise you better than I here.

edited by Endy on 3/28/2013

[quote=Endy]I actually use it to improve my deck.

Something like 1 card vs 2-3 cards. Very helpful if you are searching for a card in particular.

There are other ways to raise it scattered around too. Wiki could probably advise you better than I here.
[/quote]

I haven’t been able to find anything, the options in the Forgotten Quarter is too low for me, the docks and flit are locked out for me because I am aligned with the Constables and the necessary card for the Constables comes along slowly. Were it in any other high range I might have been able to finish this cycle without her but now at 10 I will have to wait until her card shows up unless there is another option I do no know about.
edited by Owen Wulf on 3/28/2013

If you still have your soul you can go to the Shuttered Palace to increase it. Graffiti with a sting (a card) also has an option, as do three of the menace reducing cards (a moment’s rest, a restorative, and an afternoon of good deeds). There are a lot of options for Counting the Days.

Thank you, the list was very helpful. I had not known about the access point through the Shuttered Palace and the ‘unusual competition’. I am now well on my way to that second mark!

Glad to help! Have fun in the Iron Republic once you get there. ^^

I managed to waste Fate/Nex and had to replay the entire Affair of the Box due to one sleepy click… A confirmation message box for all Fate/Nex actions wouldn’t be a bad thing.

[quote=Endy]I actually use it to improve my deck.

edited by Endy on 3/28/2013[/quote]

I really hadn’t thought of this. Is it worthwhile considering ppa/card for a maxed person who enjoys having good all-round clothing rather than switching about for every challenge?

Maybe not in terms of ppa, since there are very few cards that do close to any of the optimal grinds. But if you’re looking for something that can only be granted via card, getting rid of useless ones can speed things up a bit.

To commiserate: in the last few days I have managed to both sell my plant and discard a certain rare card that only recently became not useless.

The Masquing card? I got rid of that too!

Yeah, it really depends on what card I’m going for. Lately it has been the rare pets and finishing the Affair of the Box(newspaper).

Somewhat ironically Iron Republic is good for gathering Pocketful of Loose Change.

Endy, do you use the ‘Borrow’ a substantial amount of moon-pearls option?
[color=#222222]It happens to get you 200 moon-pearls in addition to ending the relationship. Con is it also increases Heartless with ~10 CP[/color][color=#ffffff].[/color]
You need 15 cp’s of Acquaintance, however.

I too was once acquainted with a music hall singer, lovely and fair, and upon her lips nary a hair. I asked her for cash, and then she did dash. Will I ever once more glance upon her figure?

[quote=Aximillio]Endy, do you use the ‘Borrow’ a substantial amount of moon-pearls option?
[color=#222222]It happens to get you 200 moon-pearls in addition to ending the relationship. Con is it also increases Heartless with ~10 CP[/color][color=#ffffff].[/color]
You need 15 cp’s of Acquaintance, however.[/quote]

yeah, Ive used that one before. Just depends what is needed when.

She is really the only one I’ve ever seen any point in dropping. You already have more than a few extraneous cards showing up. Any you can eliminate help out.

Urrg… The same kind of thing happened to me. I accidently killed my singular plant.
I had spent fate on it! Fate!
I totaly agree with your first post, owen, it shouldn’t be an option, it’s ridiculous.