About the new Hard-Earned Lessons icon:

I’m wondering why it was changed. It appears more triumphant, which, I don’t feel fits the material (especially the blue background).[li]

For comparison’s sake:
http://puu.sh/9Vyge/81e0fa382e.jpg

How does the rest of the community feel about the change? Am I alone in preferring the old icon, or?

Not terribly excited over the Butterfist, no.

Icons get changed every now and then. A lot of times I like the change, sometimes I’m indifferent, sometimes I dislike the change (but get used to it). It’s the middle one right now, for me.

I personally liked the old one better myself, the blue glow throws it off for me.

I call it the Fist of the Heavens. And while it doesn’t look like a particularly ‘Hard-Earned’ Lesson, I get them all from the Church nowadays, so for me I guess it fits. ;)

No, it doesn’t really fit, but I’m willing to make up explanations/justifications like that. Like I mentioned in the wikia comments, it looks nice. Too nice.

I kind of like it, especially when it’s used in the context of other icons. When you get a mix of newer, more crisp art, the older style of things looks a bit out of place. It’s definitely very apparent on the current layout, though.

[quote=Snowskeeper]I’m wondering why it was changed. It appears more triumphant, which, I don’t feel fits the material (especially the blue background).[li]

For comparison’s sake:
http://puu.sh/9Vyge/81e0fa382e.jpg

How does the rest of the community feel about the change? Am I alone in preferring the old icon, or?[/quote][/li]

I like them both. To me, the first one says &quotI’ll get you next time even if it kills me (again)!&quot while the second one says &quotDown with the Masters!&quot

[li]
[/li]

I somewhat prefer the old one, which does look more suited to a brawl, but the new one’s nice too.

I quite like the new one.

I’ll love it until I see it used for two dozen different storylets.

I like the old one. The new one looks too relaxed (which the blue background probably contributes to). The old image, with the red background and hard, dark lines conveyed the feeling of “hard-earned” better.

I prefer the old one, for the same reasons as Little The. Perhaps a colour change might improve it?

Since we’re all sharing our views on this crucial issue: I never liked the old one, because it looks so wimpy. Forearm like a stick of celery! In my mind’s eye, it’s attached to an officious little squirt, who’s impotently shaking his fist in my face because I’ve parked in the space he wanted for his landau.

I felt that helped the effect, honestly. It gave me the impression of more desperation and determination, how this person is weak but still willing to put up a fight. Also, I am myself a wimpy little squirt, so I thought it was fitting. :p

I find that the blue glow doesn’t really fit in with the other second chance icons, but they might get changed as well.