About connection-related pet cards frequency

Where do I sign a petition to make connection-related pet cards more common?
Thousands of cards, and so far only one, this is an outrage.
Meanwhile I have seen hundreds of “Night out” cards, despite completely useless - as the 4 quirk concerned are too high to be affected. It came to the point I never discard it, in fear to draw two one after the other (yes, that happended, argl!) - and so my 4-cards Lodgings is practically a 3-cards one (if not a 2 or a 1, this card is not the only useless one I can draw).
Well, I understand that having less-useful cards in the deck is quite necessary, but less-useful is not useless, and drawing loads of useless cards may affect my already poor mental health. Please, Pleeeease, O All-Mighty Failbetter Team, hear my prayer, do something about this, don’t let your poor child falling into despair!
edited by JohnPurple on 2/20/2012

The pet cards are pretty useless too at the level cap. My Maverick Bloodhound only gives me one Compromising Document per card. The best way I’ve found to increase the quality of your opportunity cards is to acquire as many Sidestreets items as possible, as most of them give E1.50 per card.
edited by Patrick Reding on 2/20/2012

Not THAT useless, as I found myself stuck with a glamourless Tell-Tale Beetle. Furthermore the Clandestine Rendezvous is the only fay I’m aware of to start [color=#ffffff]Fingerwork [/color]or [color=#ffffff]Fallen Cities[/color] storylets…

I’d like to see the frequency of the pet cards turned up as well - unless it’s my bad luck, they seem pretty rare.

At the level cap, they may not be very profitable, but I’m enjoying finding out the different stories for the pets and getting fun enigmatic-so-far qualities - but I’ve only managed to try out three pets so far because the cards are so slow in coming!

[quote=Patrick Reding]The pet cards are pretty useless too at the level cap. My Maverick Bloodhound only gives me one Compromising Document per card. The best way I’ve found to increase the quality of your opportunity cards is to acquire as many Sidestreets items as possible, as most of them give E1.50 per card.
edited by Patrick Reding on 2/20/2012[/quote]
Furthermore, if you consider the pet card to be useless, you must then recognize that there are levels in uselessness: one compromising document on the first hand, versus that, and only that, on the other hand: “Austere hasn’t changed, because it’s higher than 5. Watchful has not increased: this quality cannot currently increase past 130.” I wonder which is the more useless…

Exactly! Those are fresh, brand new, waiting to be tried! And if you have tested 3 of them, then your luck is better than mine.

edited by JohnPurple on 2/20/2012

SPOILER[color=rgb(255, 255, 255)]Fingerwork is also startable with the Dream of Serpents unlocked looking at the graffiti in Moloch Street Station. As of now you have to wait some days (surely more than four, as Chris Gardiner remarked) between seeing the graffiti and receiving the message that allows to select a dream.[/color]SPOILER

It’ll be useful again once the content cap is raised. That said, you have to anticipate that most Oppotunity Cards will prove worthless, otherwise there would be little reason to persue the regular storylets.

Well, I don’t think that’s quite the case. A prime reason for me to pursue storylets is because they offer a more reliable way to increase my stats: The cards that come up may raise any of my available attributes, or even none at all (Those that do not test a stat). Of those that do give a stat, it’s quite rare for them to fall in the sweet spot of modest-chancy. Most of the time they are either straightforward (So, I can do them for the reward but only get 1 CP) or Almost Impossible (I can give it a shot, but chances are I’m going to fail, almost certainly using up a second chance, and still only get a menace and the same CP for a chancy action). When it comes to grinding stats, storylets are the thing to go for.

I actually find that most opportunity cards I get are useful to some degree. I’ve been using connections cards to boost my stats, which in turn means I’m usually pursuing cards that raise my connections. Other cards offer me things I can’t really get easily otherwise, mostly when it comes to scraps. But then on occasion I get crap like the night out or the bookshop that just raise my quirks… which aren’t really used for much and tend to be overwritten if I grind anything that alters them anyway.
edited by Urthdigger on 2/21/2012

Once again, Urthdigger, I have no problem using cards just for the pleasure to see a quirk rise (say, rising steadfast with a “bringing the revolution” card); but when your quirks are all widely superior of the cap of a card, and so, you know the card will do literally NOTHING when played, could we please just NOT draw it?
And really, what I try to say with my poor English, is that I accept drawing useless-ish cards (even if I never play them), but I hate drawing really useless cards, it’s mainly psychological, but it’s a fact.

streetfelineblue, about what you said in your spoiler, well I currently am in the process of waiting. And I assume, giving your revelations, that I won’t be able to [color=#ffffff]start both Fallen Cities and Fingerwork[/color] this way.
That said, I haven’t drawn a new connection-pet card.

[quote=JohnPurple]Once again, Urthdigger, I have no problem using cards just for the pleasure to see a quirk rise (say, rising steadfast with a “bringing the revolution” card); but when your quirks are all widely superior of the cap of a card, and so, you know the card will do literally NOTHING when played, could we please just NOT draw it?
And really, what I try to say with my poor English, is that I accept drawing useless-ish cards (even if I never play them), but I hate drawing really useless cards, it’s mainly psychological, but it’s a fact.

streetfelineblue, about what you said in your spoiler, well I currently am in the process of waiting. And I assume, giving your revelations, that I won’t be able to [color=rgb(255, 255, 255)]start both Fallen Cities and Fingerwork[/color] this way.
That said, I haven’t drawn a new connection-pet card.[/quote]

I’ll add that Alexis Kennedy mentioned the fact that SPOILER[color=rgb(255, 255, 255)]there will be in the future actions similar to the graffiti in Moloch Street, allowing for different outcomes (and probably, starting or improving Fallen Cities progress). Till then, you could just get Fingerwork, Eyes of Icarus and Gates of the Garden from Moloch Street (it only takes a total of 6 actions, and some days to wait in between), and get Fallen Cities from the Clandestine Rendezvous in Watchmaker’s Hill, selecting either the Constables (it will also give you the Maverick Bloodhound) or Society (it will also give the Racing Slug). I don’t know how the cards for these respective pets are. Of course, for a new rendezvous to become available you will have to wait for your pet’s card to pop out, and then select the action to abandon him.[/color]SPOILER

Dear, I am aware of that, and this is the main point:[color=#ffffff] starting Fallen cities [/color]requires that I get a connection-related pet opportunity card…

It will come out sooner or later. You can’t still do much with the quality yet, so there’s no hurry ^^

I know, but patience hasn’t been known as my main quality…

You’ll have to hone it a bit, or you’ll never be able to sport an Overgoat on your mantlepiece :3

Yes, I know, you’re right. Of course you are. I’ve never pretended that I was right. :)