A tumbler of coffee for everyone!

Delicious friends! Failbetter Tumblr is hosting a giveaway to celebrate reaching the 3000 followers mark (http://failbettergames.tumblr.com). All you need to do is copy/paste this address and log-in. http://fallenlondon.storynexus.com/a/ATumblrofCoffeeandaSecret

Thank you for the information! 12 coffees and counting. :)

I would have preferred Tea, but Coffee is cool, too.

Thank you for the free gift, Failbetter. Here’s to another 3000 followers.
edited by th8827 on 5/27/2016

Thanks for the heads-up, junkseer, and thanks, Failbetter, for the gift!

Somehow I managed to miss this one - thankyou for sharing it, Junkseer! :-D

(The post was Hello, delicious friends — Delicious friends, we’re so excited to have... )

Thanks Failbetter! ^^

Oh, it was so delicious. I wish I hand’t already used it. (awww, who am I kidding, we all know I couldn’t have not used it, And It Was Glorious!]

Thanks ever so much for the heads up!

Out of curiosity though, does anyone think it would be a good idea to create a thread dedicated to temporary rewards like this?

Being a bit of an eccentric, I shy away from most forms of social media and rely entirely on these forums for information regarding the Neath. Having a singular place to inform one-self with the latest events would be a huge help to many players.
edited by Koenig on 5/27/2016

[quote=Koenig]Thanks ever so much for the heads up!

Out of curiosity though, does anyone think it would be a good idea to create a thread dedicated to temporary rewards like this?

Being a bit of an eccentric, I shy away from most forms of social media and rely entirely on these forums for information regarding the Neath. Having a singular place to inform one-self with the latest events would be a huge help to many players.
edited by Koenig on 5/27/2016[/quote]

That feels kind of like it would be against the spirit of these things–they’re basically little incentives to interact with FL on social media and spread the word about the game, you know?

[quote=aegisaglow][quote=Koenig]Thanks ever so much for the heads up!

Being a bit of an eccentric, I shy away from most forms of social media and rely entirely on these forums for information regarding the Neath. Having a singular place to inform one-self with the latest events would be a huge help to many players.[/quote]
That feels kind of like it would be against the spirit of these things–they’re basically little incentives to interact with FL on social media and spread the word about the game, you know?[/quote]
On the other hand though, ‘spreading the word about the game’ - to us, at least - is a bit like preaching to the choir. Not to mention I’m doubtful people will create a Tumblr account specifically for checking if FBG has made a post like that one. (They rarely do.)
I use Tumblr quite a lot, and do follow http://failbettergames.tumblr.com/ , but a week passed by without me having seen that post. I’d never have known it existed without this thread. Heck, I even ended up having to go back through that Tumblr’s archive and check that it actually existed. :-)

I’m not advocating that we MUST have a thread for this - but Koenig does have a point…

Meanwhile, here I am with 14 un-drunk coffees.
(Decanted into Brass mugs, of course. No point letting it get cold! :-p )

Meanwhile, here I am with 14 un-drunk coffees.
(Decanted into Brass mugs, of course. No point letting it get cold! :-p )[/quote]
27 over here. Just saving them for a rainy day. Well, at this point I’m waiting for a monsoon.

So much restraint - how very Austere of you both! ;)

So much restraint - how very Austere of you both! ;)[/quote]

I can’t think Nigel would approve.

[quote=Kittenpox][quote=aegisaglow][quote=Koenig]Thanks ever so much for the heads up!

Being a bit of an eccentric, I shy away from most forms of social media and rely entirely on these forums for information regarding the Neath. Having a singular place to inform one-self with the latest events would be a huge help to many players.[/quote]
That feels kind of like it would be against the spirit of these things–they’re basically little incentives to interact with FL on social media and spread the word about the game, you know?[/quote]
On the other hand though, ‘spreading the word about the game’ - to us, at least - is a bit like preaching to the choir. Not to mention I’m doubtful people will create a Tumblr account specifically for checking if FBG has made a post like that one. (They rarely do.)
I use Tumblr quite a lot, and do follow http://failbettergames.tumblr.com/ , but a week passed by without me having seen that post. I’d never have known it existed without this thread. Heck, I even ended up having to go back through that Tumblr’s archive and check that it actually existed. :-)

I’m not advocating that we MUST have a thread for this - but Koenig does have a point…[/quote]
I don’t remember where, but I believe I saw on the forums, an admin asking not to have access-codes posted here. The reasoning given was that, by spreading the knowledge orthogonally, it made tracking engagement across different media more difficult.

I’m not sure I remember right (it’s late where I am) and the policy may have been changed/never really mattered, but I thought I’d mention it.

[quote=MrBurnside][quote=Kittenpox][quote=aegisaglow][quote=Koenig]Thanks ever so much for the heads up!

I’m not advocating that we MUST have a thread for this - but Koenig does have a point…[/quote]
I don’t remember where, but I believe I saw on the forums, an admin asking not to have access-codes posted here. The reasoning given was that, by spreading the knowledge orthogonally, it made tracking engagement across different media more difficult.

I’m not sure I remember right (it’s late where I am) and the policy may have been changed/never really mattered, but I thought I’d mention it.[/quote]
That, if i’m recalling the same incident, was more because it wasn’t an access code for general use- but for sunless sea backers. Something to do with the cladery heart, though other users of the code wouldn’t get that item.

In short, if you can’t have someone link to its source, you shouldn’t use the access code.
edited by Grenem on 5/28/2016

So much restraint - how very Austere of you both! ;)[/quote]
I can’t think Nigel would approve.[/quote]
I’m at Hedonist 14 currently. But how am I gonna chug down as many coffees as I can in one sitting if I don’t collect them all first? :-D

[quote=Kittenpox]
I’m at Hedonist 14 currently. But how am I gonna chug down as many coffees as I can in one sitting if I don’t collect them all first? :-D[/quote]

Touche sir. Touche!

Hit, though not wounded, I withdraw.

Well done.

[quote=Kittenpox][quote=aegisaglow][quote=Koenig]Thanks ever so much for the heads up!

Normally if you ask them (have you asked? they are easy to contact), at least in the past, they request that you link back to the original source rather than paste the reward link directly. For example, if a reward was given out on twitter you would link to the tweet, or if it was given out on tumblr you link to the tumblr post. It’s a good way to both share the reward and promote their social media accounts by getting people on the page where they might get curious and have a look around.
edited by NiteBrite on 5/28/2016

[color=#0066ff]I don’t mind if you share things like celebratory coffees for reaching X Tumblr followers (though it would be good form if you’d follow us on Tumblr). The points in the thread about extending our social reach are true but not to the point where I’ll spend time chasing down their use.[/color]
[color=#0066ff]
[/color]
[color=#0066ff]However, an appeal to your honour: please don’t share codes which are clearly part of our advertising initiatives. We’re a small business, trying hard to find new players via advertising, and if hundreds of forums readers use a code that we’ve put out via an ad, it gives us a false positive in our analytics that X ad worked. [/color]