A Theft from the Museum of Mistakes

Greetings, fellow Londoners.

In my quest for the Marvellous, I have found myself in need of seventy-seven First City coins. These have proven to be distressingly slow to obtain on my own, so I was hoping that the community would be kind enough to provide assistance. Would anyone be willing to help me steal First City coins from the Museum of Mistakes? According to the text, they should have Persuasive and Shadowy at least 70.

Thank you very much for your time and support, delicious friends.

I know your pain, fellow Marvellous player! My unmodified stats are shadowy 70 and persuasive 84, so I think I can be a suitable accomplice for your task. I also have 30 spare coins, if you should need them.

Since I never tried this before, if the theft with Zero doesn’t get you enough coins, you can call me next, my stats are way beyond the reccomended(164 base persuasive and 123 base shadowy(both that can get a high increase from gear)) so it shouldn’t be much of a problem.

I would be happy to help - maxed out Persuasive, Shadowy 198, and rather curious about the museum as I’m a player of the Marvelous myself.

Many thanks to everyone for the outpouring of support! Your generosity is greatly appreciated. This might get me more coins than needed, but I’ll send messages to all three of you. You have my deepest gratitude for aiding a friend in need, and if there’s any way I can return the favor, please let me know.

Theft made and money consigned! That was interesting. Oh, I have another 30 spare coins, should another Marvellous player need them. I’d like to pass them around, I know too well the pain of collecting the damned things - and then selling 30 of them accidentally. Silly me.

Since we’re talking about shadowy business, can I ask you to loiter suspiciously a few times? :3 I’m in dire need of Shadowy second chances.

Coins received! Yes, of course you can ask me to loiter suspiciously - I’d be delighted to.

I am currently in need of exactly 25 First City Coins, and would highly appreciate any help in acquiring those little bastards!

Sent.

I hope that there is something that I can do to pay for such a generous gift to my cause.

It is with great pleasure that I announce that I have at last accumulated the requisite number of coins. Zero, Parelle, The Master: you have my most heartfelt thanks. Once again, if there is anything I can do for you, you only need ask.

Also, I’m glad to see that this little thread has aided another Marvellous seeker in their quest. Best of luck to you all!

Hello friends… I too am looking for someone capable of helping me steal coins from the Museum of Mistakes. If there are any takers your help would be most appreciated, and I will repay the debt any way I can.

http://fallenlondon.storynexus.com/Profile/Calpernia

Edit: Now realizing this thread is 7 months old and no longer confident anyone is aware of my presence…
edited by Calpernia on 10/26/2016

[quote=Calpernia]Hello friends… I too am looking for someone capable of helping me steal coins from the Museum of Mistakes. If there are any takers your help would be most appreciated, and I will repay the debt any way I can.

http://fallenlondon.storynexus.com/Profile/Calpernia

Edit: Now realizing this thread is 7 months old and no longer confident anyone is aware of my presence…
edited by Calpernia on 10/26/2016[/quote]

I can assist you with this.

Thank you friend. I am ever so grateful.

I accepted and got the “Planning a theft” quality, but I can’t find a storylet to continue.

I believe it starts in Veilgarden.

I’m not finding it there. Maybe the stickied Hallowmas storylets are affecting it somehow?

I do, however, have exactly 30 coins I can send to you directly, if that would serve.

That would be amazing if you wouldn’t mind… I’m pretty new to the neath, not entirely sure how anything works yet, in regards to where the storylet may be.

I sent the coins, should pop up in the messages tab to accept them.
If I can figure out how to complete the theft I’ll go ahead and do it, and send the rest of the coins your way…I know just sending the invite is a bit costly.
edited by earthbourn on 10/26/2016

Thank you again stranger. I believe the reward for the theft is 30 coins, which means I’ve already gotten my moneys worth. If you have no use for the coins when you get them, I’d certainly take them off your hands. But if you’d like to keep them they’re all yours. Either way if you ever need anything at all, don’t be afraid to ask. I owe you.