A Social Experiment

If a random stranger asks to enter your home so that they may heal your wounds, would you agree?

What if that person claims &quotAbsolutely Not Poison. Definitely not.&quot?

Said person’s name being &quotVilified Poisoner&quot?

This being their profile? http://fallenlondon.storynexus.com/profile/Vilified~Poisoner
Replete with subtle touches like a mantelpiece item of Abominable Salts and a scrapbook status of Suspicion. Others say &quotNot to be trusted.&quot

The sole journal entry:
30, August 1891
[i]&quotAHAHAHAHA!&quot

You stir your Abominable Salts into a nourishing broth. Will your victim trust you enough to drink it?[/i]

And August 30th of 1891 happens to be the same day this person calls on you to let him into your home in order to nurse you?

Yes, I let him in! He’s vilified. Perhaps he has perfectly sound and honorable reasons to trade in poisons. Slander is so sad!

Yes, he poisoned me, ahahaha. XD

O villainous! Vilified Poisoner (Vilified Poisoner in Fallen London) has poisoned you with Abominable Salts!

If I had rejected, not knowing the intended result would have nagged at me for days. Do I have regrets? None. I really wanted to see if he’d put a twist on expectations and heal me instead.

Personally, I don’t think I would have trusted him. I mean, that’s like putting the fox in charge of the henhouse.

Heh… I got the same invite, and I don’t have any wounds in the first place…

I’d probably go for it. After all, a bit of extra wounds is a relatively minor thing to risk.

poison goddamn hurts

Oh … he doesn’t want to poison me. I feel slighted.

Apparently, you need at least 3 Wounds to appear on the dropdown list of qualified patients. Otherwise, he’ll never feel compassionate enough to assist you, I guess… :P

It is fearfully tempting to accept his invite, even though I know I shouldn’t!

Hubris received one of his invitations. He didn’t accept, but sent a box containing one or more mammals as a thank-you present.

For you: Vilified Poisoner wants to help nurse you back to health. (Do you trust them?)

&quotOh, sorry, did I poison you? Probably an accident. Here, drink this nourishing broth. It’ll help with the ennui, and possibly the paralysis. No promises.&quot

O villainous! Vilified Poisoner (Vilified Poisoner in Fallen London) has poisoned you with Abominable Salts!

&quotThis? Nourishing broth as well, but I poisoned it. Drink it anyway, it’ll put hairs on your chest. Or your arms. Or your head. It might turn you into a werewolf! But it is definitely poison.&quot

Vilified Poisoner (Vilified Poisoner in Fallen London) has done things with bandages and tea. You feel rather better.

Wounds is dropping…

&quotThis will not kill you. I promise. Swear on my arsenic-laced jewellery and my poison filled ring.&quot

Obviously, this gentleman…is not very good…at keeping track of which bottles are poisonous…! x.x