A question about selling the Nadir

Okay, this is a question to those who have sold the location of the Nadir. I know the four faction you can sell it to are Revolutionaries, Hell, The Urchins and The Great Game. But I wish to know: if you sold it, who did you sell it to and more importantly why? You see, a part of me wants to sell it to the Revolutuinaries for a vial of M-----s B----d, but I REALLY don’t want THEM getting since, you know, the Liberation of Night and all. I’d sell it to the Urchins since they can probably be trusted with it, but a StarStone Demark is too low a price. The Great Game might be a option for a good item, but who knows who they will sell it too. and Hell… god knows what hell would do with it.

I’m just curious about advice and reasoning here. The people who pay best are the worst to have it, yet I’m too greedy to sell it to the lesser prices.

Mmm… I see what you’re saying. Personally I sold it to the revolutionaries, I personally believe the libeRATion of night is superior to the masters while it’s certainly not the best. I would recommend selling it to the revolutionaries if you believe in the rat or perhaps you should go with the great game in the hope they’d keep it as a secret, not that you can trust the game anyway…

DEAD RAT
THE KHAN OF RATS

Do you need to sell it? I’ve held on to the secret myself. It’s only a thousand echoes or so.

^I should murder you for that.

I sold it to the Urchins. Probably would have given it for free even if they don’t pay. Probably would have let it slip in my Orphanage and then it’d still be leaking all over the Urchins anyway.
edited by Estelle Knoht on 4/5/2015

I sold it to the revolutionaries, because i know some urchins already know where it is- or knew, once- as i saw some inside. if they didn’t share this knowledge, why should I expect the new heirs of the nadir to? I’m not going to sell knowledge just so it can be hoarded. I did try to make it clear that if they need help, i would take them- alone, blindfolded- to the nadir. i don’t know if they got the message.

i owe no loyalty to revolutionaries, but i’d bet they would discover anyways, as they have the revolutionary firebrand’s loyalties. so, i sold them the location before he gave it for free, especially since they paid quite well.

Also, great game probably won’t sell it to anyone, except maybe… the revolutionaries or hell. hell for souls or other expensive trinkets, like their perpetual heating machines, assuming they work on the surface (NEVERcold brass. Never!). the revolutionaries for a mission in return for the location. otherwise, they’ll hoard it to their own nation’s side.
edited by Grenem on 4/5/2015

Didn’t it say somewhere that you can’t tell people where the Nadir is, only show them?

I’d still trust hell with it more than the great game or February, tbh.

[quote=WormApotheote]Didn’t it say somewhere that you can’t tell people where the Nadir is, only show them?

I’d still trust hell with it more than the great game or February, tbh.[/quote]
In that case, all you’ve done by giving it to the great game is given one nation a secret hideout, spreading throughout the neath. eventually, they would cash it in with another faction, i expect, though- still keeping their own knowledge as well, though. so if you sell it to the great game, you sell it to everyone. unlike the others, they have use for the services of hell and revolutionaries alike.

[quote=Grenem][quote=WormApotheote]Didn’t it say somewhere that you can’t tell people where the Nadir is, only show them?

In that case, all you’ve done by giving it to the great game is given one nation a secret hideout, spreading throughout the neath. eventually, they would cash it in with another faction, i expect, though- still keeping their own knowledge as well, though. so if you sell it to the great game, you sell it to everyone. unlike the others, they have use for the services of hell and revolutionaries alike.[/quote]

Anyone foolish enough to use the Nadir as a base of operations gets everything that’s coming to them.

For me, the decision was a purely mercenary one. The Great Game has a broad reach, and I am always on the lookout for new avenues of influence.
edited by The Machinist on 4/6/2015

[quote=The Machinist][quote=Grenem][quote=WormApotheote]Didn’t it say somewhere that you can’t tell people where the Nadir is, only show them?

In that case, all you’ve done by giving it to the great game is given one nation a secret hideout, spreading throughout the neath. eventually, they would cash it in with another faction, i expect, though- still keeping their own knowledge as well, though. so if you sell it to the great game, you sell it to everyone. unlike the others, they have use for the services of hell and revolutionaries alike.[/quote]

Anyone foolish enough to use the Nadir as a base of operations gets everything that’s coming to them.

For me, the decision was a purely mercenary one. The Great Game has a broad reach, and I am always on the lookout for new avenues of influence.
edited by The Machinist on 4/6/2015[/quote]
I mean secret hideout in the urchin’s intention: emergency escape route sense. though, now that i think about it, the possibility of an untrackable place for meetings is quite appealing, even if you do forget that you’ve been there afterwards, and have to read the notes. they might give in to the temptation to overuse it, and then pay for that.
edited by Grenem on 4/6/2015

I sold the location to the Revolutionaries. Perhaps the Liberation of Night will help stop a reckoning from being postponed, once all light is Eaten.

For me, it’s a question of incomplete information. I don’t think we REALLY know why any of those factions want it. Perhaps the secret is so valuable to them that their first offers are laughably low compared to what they’d really be willing to pay? Perhaps the consequences of letting a particular faction know the location of the Cave are so dire that if we were aware of their full extent we would never consider letting it go (NB - for me, this is already the case with the Revolutionaries).

Bottom line - information is power. And look - we’ve only heard offers from four of London’s power bases. I doubt very much they are the ONLY people interested. Who knows what’s to come?

The option value of keeping the secret is way too high. All the so-called high prices that we are offered are available elsewhere.

A quick question in regards to selling the location to any faction; does selling the location lock you out of returning to it? I have heard conflicting reports in my research of the subject and I am wary about proceeding.

You can only sell it once, but it doesn’t lock you out. You can return to the nadir after selling it no problem. I know as an expert on irrigo and stats loss.
edited by NiteBrite on 4/10/2015

I see, Thank you. Now the question remains who should I sell it to, if at all? A secret is heavy burden on the soul and mind. While I am leaning towards the great game or the revolutionaries, the idea of acquiring masters blood to eventually rise to a spire emporium is a very tempting offer. Likewise the use of the location of a one time prince of hell to gain a 5 card lodging at the embassy is also tempting; doubly so because of the additional fate locked content it offers.
edited by Koenig on 4/10/2015

If you are even remotely considering the hell lodging fate content, I would recommend going for it. The others are a matter of taste, but the items they offer are at least obtainable through grinding and other means not card related.