A query or two about being an Exceptional Friend.

1. Would I be right in guessing that the purchase to become an Exceptional Friend only lasts for the month it’s purchased in? So for example, if I purchased it today (29th June, my local time), the purchase would last through until the 30th (server time), I’d get access to this month’s story, but within a few days I’d be back down to the 20-Action cap?

2. What were people’s thoughts on this month’s story? Was it enjoyable/rewarding enough to be worth buying now, or should I save my cash and just buy next month’s one instead? Did it have any longer-term effects, like opening new options after the story has ended?
    (Note: I assume this would be treated like Fate-locked content so while broad answers should be fine, if you wish to communicate specifics it may be best to PM me with the details instead.)

Thanks in advance. ^_^

Exceptional Friendship lasts for 30 days exactly, so if you buy now you’ll have access to both this month’s story and the next month’s.

Edit: Forgot to remove a word.

edited by Sara Hysaro on 6/28/2015

Another question:
I recently bought Exceptional Friend, and I’ve been trying to figure out the pattern for action refreshes. Sometimes, it takes a full 10 minutes to get a new action, but sometimes it seems to be faster. Whats going on there?

That is exactly what I needed to hear. Thankyou! :-D

I quite enjoyed this month’s story. It was charming, interesting, and had refreshing mechanics. The rewards are non-exclusive, so I certainly wouldn’t buy for that alone, but the regular EF benefit of the extra candle and larger deck is quite valuable anyway.

Some players have disliked that the mechanics which I expect are intended to make everybody’s experience of the story a bit different have the effect that it is difficult or perhaps impossible to read all of the words of the middle content during a single playthrough, or to be selective to make sure to pick up what you missed with an alt. Whether this is a bad thing and how much of one it is will be a matter of personal taste; I thought it was kind of neat, but I appreciate others’ frustration with it.

If you’re only going to join for one month, I think joining now to unlock this story and July is a fine choice. And the greater the chance you’ll maintain your Exceptional Friendship, the more reason to get in on this story too. Just don’t forget to start the story before the month is up so it stays unlocked for you.

I’m stuck out at zee presently (still on my way to Polythreme), so I’ll probably wait until I get back into the city itself before making the purchase to become an Exceptional Friend.
(Though at my current rate of progress, this may be sometime mid-way through July before that happens. :-p )

[quote=Kalil]Another question:
I recently bought Exceptional Friend, and I’ve been trying to figure out the pattern for action refreshes. Sometimes, it takes a full 10 minutes to get a new action, but sometimes it seems to be faster. Whats going on there?[/quote]

I find that sometimes I’ll accidentally open multiple browser tabs for Fallen London, which seems to desynchronise the clocks on-screen. Try refreshing the webpage if you’re uncertain - that tends to fix it on my end.

I have noticed that there seems to be a glitch with the countdown timer. It makes me wonder if the server is perhaps kept in some great, deep underground cavern… thereby causing relativistic effects.