A Night-Time Conference

I read some time ago that there was an extra bit to the Sculpted Scowl storyline that triggered if you had all the rat pets, thus I held off starting it until now in order to get all the rats. Unfortunately, the storylet hasn’t appeared at my lodgings. I never started the sculpted scowl and I have over 100 dangerous. I was under the impression that it should be a storylet at my lodgings. Is it a card or somewhere else?[li]

You need to own all the rats required to see it. If you purchase a Working Rat, a Talkative Rattus Faber, and a Rattus Faber Bandit-chief you’ll see it.

And indeed I do have all three of them. I even have the disgraced bandit chief as well.

Huh, weird. Are you Sympathetic about Ratly Concerns? Otherwise I’m not sure what’s up.

No, I don’t believe so. Not sure what that is.

It’s a quality you get through playing it (there’s a couple other sources as well). Anyways, I would submit a bug report. There’s just one account I can use to see if I can see it myself, but she doesn’t have the funds to buy the rats.
edited by Sara Hysaro on 1/28/2014

It’s a quality you can get by taking storylet options that, well, make you seem sympathetic to Ratly types. I know there’s at least one opportunity card that raises it as well, but I think that one’s only possible to draw after the storylet you’re trying to start.

There’s also a conflict card between the Working Rat and the Ratskin Suit that raises it.

I don’t have all the rats, but I see The sculpted scowl storylet in my lodgings. And I’ve been holding off because I haven’t decided yet if I’m going to get all the rats to start the story that way. Apparently it’s enough to investigate that plaster face to close the opening that starts with the night-time conference? Maybe The sculpted scowl storylet is also closed for people who own all the rats? If so, that requirement doesn’t show. All I see is that it requires Dangerous 90.

The sculpted scowl storylet is never locked. You’ll just lock yourself out of the Night-time Conference if you play it first.

Oh, I see. I thought the Night-time Conference would be a card and not a storylet, so I confused myself.