A newbie looks for in-game RP company!

I suppose that it’s about time for me to begin creating social bonds–links-- to the actual community.

Troper. Real name unknown, and it’s unlikely if he’d ever tell you. In fact, his past seems to change every time he tells it. One day he heard a siren song coming from the river; another he’ll enthrall you with tales of a beautiful woman from his past begging him to come back with her. Honestly, it doesn’t really matter–he’s attempted to leave everything from above behind. He’s a thrill-Seeker, hedonist extraordinaire, and one who is simultaneously a trickster and fallen martyr.

Honestly, he’s someone who can’t be trusted. At least, immediately. Once you’ve gained his trust, he’s someone you could trust to the ends of the Earth and below. You could find him…honestly, it’s hard to say. He travels around the City all the time. He’s often at the Brass Embassy (something about the exquisite company, he says), or digging in the Forgotten Quarter. He’s desperately seeking something. Perhaps he thinks the Correspondence will help him find what he’s looking for. Poor fool.

He dresses in muted colors–black, dull greens, the occasional tuxedo and Guy Fawkes mask–but he’s quite lavish with his guests. Silken notes, prisoner’s honey and fallen pleasures. A hunter, a fool, a seeker of devils…Ultimately, a doomed fool who’s actively Seeking his destruction. But he’ll be damned if he won’t enjoy and fight it to the end.

Good afternoon, everyone. Of course, that is assuming it is afternoon where you are. I am aegis. Obviously an alias. Or an alias of an alias. Some say even I no longer remember my name. That’s ridiculous. I do. Probably. I may or may not be deeply enmeshed in a certain game, and the supporter of a certain work. After a slightly undignified history as a thief and intriguer, I now have found less… or more dubious allies, some seeking the dethronement of certain buisnessmen. Forgive me for the vagueness. It is just that some people would really like to… Who else knows you’re here? I’ll be back later. If anyone asks you where I am, tell them Paris. That should scare them off for a while.

… Is it safe now? Very well. Hello again. I would be happy for any RPG. Just note I do not always check my messages, so I might be unresponsive for a while. Also, I am in posession of a certain skull, so I may be pickpocketing in Spite to keep my mind off it every now and then. My harsh and mordant with should keep you entertained. And some of my ‘friends’ like playing jokes. If I ever call, without a raven on my shoulder, kill ‘me’ immediately. If you ever need to find me, leave a letter in a certain corner of Tyrant’s Garden. Certainly nowhere near a certain End ‘wink wink’. Also, I play Knife and Candle. Stay clear of me when I have either in my hand during what passes for daytime in this dire pit. Lastly, don’t come to me for comfort. I am icy, harsh, uncompromising, and as ethical as my raven. In a word, not very nice, unless you are capable of providing some of the pleasures I find so delicious. Just not near the church. I don’t need my friends there alienated. Stay clear of my schemes and plots, and DON’T inquire about me. Especially not to a certain soldier who may or may not be the only person who knows my real name. Shall we be acquainted sometime, delicious friend?
edited by Aegis1000 on 11/12/2014

Hi, an announcement. I’m very, VERY busy with my thesis right now, and therefore my RP replies will be delayed. I keep track of RP going on, but I won’t be able to reply to it very soon. :C Please be patient.

Update: I’m on Christmas holiday now, but I have some semi-mandatory RP posts elsewhere and I want to prioritize them. My thesis-writing will continue in January, but anyway, I believe I’ll have a few days of more active RP nearby c:

Hi, I’m sorry to tell, but…

I think I’ve done with Fallen London for now.

During late months, I was busy with my thesis, and even if I recently finished it, I noticed that my interests had drifted away from Fallen London. Sure, there is fun, but… FL can take surprisingly much time… Therefore, I resign from here. Who knows, maybe I may return one day, but I’m not that active that I could promise RP activity in the near future.

I hope all the best for you guys and that you can spend splendid time here!

KITTY DELMARR. - She is a lady only by gender and speech, as she does not hesitate to employ whatever methods on hand to achieve whatever she sets her mind to. If you are trying to avoid scandal, Kitty may not be the best person to socialize with. (she tries, but scandal seems to stick to her like a shadow). Kitty has taken up work as a general lady-of-criminal-deeds and spends time amongst the members of the Brass Embassy. Despite her somewhat flippant nature, she is intensely loyal to her acquaintances and will not countenance them coming to undeserved harm.
WHERE SHE MAY BE FOUND: She spends most of her time in Spite, amongst the prostitutes enjoying incriminating stories and bouts of raucous giggling. Kitty also enjoys Ladybones Road and the mischief that may be stirred up.Intrigue,and all that comes with it, is her first love and she does so love social entanglements. Kitty is an avid follower of mystery and despite her devious mind and somewhat dubious methods of persuasion, she finds herself in some…distressing situations with unpleasant individuals. Kitty has a weakness for delights of the Neath and brooding young individuals, as well as characters of a somewhat dangerous nature. She also has a soft-spot for urchins and some of the seedier characters, having been there and bought the t-shirt (or stockings as the case may be). Kitty is absolutely dying to make acquaintances of both delicious and delightful natures. She is someone who is up for all sorts of social engagements and is not adverse to criminal activity, Should you seek Miss Delmarr’s company, you will find her to be a friendly and charming, if somewhat flirtatious, companion for whatever you may need.

http://fallenlondon.storynexus.com/Gap/Load?content=%2FStorylet%2FIn#

You overhear a two gentlemen talking in the streets just outside the Shuttered Palace. &quotYou heard? John Moone just beat up some innocent rag-and-bone men for no reason. What could he had been thinking?&quot

Hoping to hear the latest scandals and gain some secrets, you eavesdrop on their conversation.

&quotAh, yes. That man is such an oddball, he has no regard for class and formalities. I wonder why the privy counselor even commissions him for his works. And then there’s those stories, they say that he permanently killed quite a number of people, though its never made public, not the type of person to anger.&quot

&quotReally? Some say his the type that indulges in his own unique sense of pleasure. Others say that he’s a beast under all those clothes. There are also those who claim that he’s actually a woman. And some even say he slept with your wife once.&quot

&quotMy Go— My wife would never! You should be ashamed you indulge yourself in such false rumors. Now if you excuse me, I will be going home, good day to you! Hmph&quot

[b]John Moone[/b] is currently at the Tomb Colonies. Dealing with journalists, constables, and clergymen proved to be too much trouble, even for him. 

Did the conversation pique your interest? Would you like to know more about this ambiguous person? Everybody who reads the papers know that he lives in a secluded address, although the exact address isn't told. You have a hunch on where he could possibly live. Would you continue investigating?

[i]Leaving a calling card at his lodgings would earn you &quotAcquainted with:&quot quality. [/i]
[i]http://fallenlondon.storynexus.com/Profile/John~Moone[/i]
[i]edited by John Moone on 7/15/2015[/i]

If you haven’t already discovered them, this lot is pretty good about replying to in-game messages, and they’re also generally pretty pleasant to hang out with.

I am not a senior resident of the Neath; I’ve been here a few months. I would I agree, with others, that your English seems quite good.

You will receive a card from me; I hope you accept, but whether you do or not I am sure all will be well. I will inquire as to the nature of correspondence you seek, and can like others can tell you more about the place. It’s bigger, down here, than you realize at first.

I’m a bit new at this, but here I go.
James Wentworth
Height: 5’10”
Build: Solid, Slender
Eyes: Green
Hair: Brown, worn long and loose, but always inexplicably tidy
Dress: Habitually sports a black bowler hat and dark grey overcoat that he purloined during his escape from Newgate Prison, but otherwise dresses as a comfortable gentleman. Always flashy but never tacky, he makes a habit of keeping up with the latest fashions.

General:
James Wentworth likes to call himself an Adventurer-Poet. A published writer and aspiring journalist, he lives in a rooftop shack above Veilgarden, working on plays and books of all sorts. Though admittedly quite a talented writer, more and more his true passions involve ferreting out secrets of the powerful and solving crimes. When he isn’t out playing detective, he can be found at the Singing Mandrake, cavorting with spies and the other Nocturnals. He is a charming young rake, quick with a joke and always ready to smile. What does the city hold in store for such a man?

I would like to point out, ladies and gentlemen, that this particular thread is a bit of modern necromancy, as it were.

… By which I mean the original poster has been uninvolved in this thread (and, it seems, Fallen London) since April.

Though, since there does seem to be interest in finding people for this sort of thing, perhaps it would be useful to make a new thread solely for this purpose? Could work out rather well.
edited by Damrosche on 8/14/2015

Second to that. There is still no &quotStock of RP players&quot thread, which is quite unfortunate.

Something like

• X Forum account name
  • Characrer x name with a link - character x description
  • Character x+1 name with a link - character x+1 description
  • Notes + comments

• Y Forum account name
  • Characrer y name with a link - character y description
  • Character y+1 name with a link - character y+1 description
  • Notes + comments

Characters description may also be enriched with links to &quotappearance&quot and &quotbackstory&quot post links, if there are any
edited by Andrew Astherson on 8/14/2015

Not going to lie, that sounds like enough to start one up, right there.

Though I’m not sure if it’d be better to make such a thread here, or in The Singing Mandrake…

Edit- Ack, never mind!
edited by Concede on 8/18/2015

[quote=Damrosche]Not going to lie, that sounds like enough to start one up, right there.

Though I’m not sure if it’d be better to make such a thread here, or in The Singing Mandrake…[/quote]

Here’s the new topic.
Hope it will avert you and everyone else from practicing forum necromancy.

Tarnish and soot, shoe polish(high quality), machine lubricant, agate dust…my parlour…

Come and see.

http://fallenlondon.storynexus.com/Profile/Hobnail