A lucky escape from the orphanage. To return?

I’ve just had left the orphanage, via a velvet lined box, courtesy of my plucky plant.[li]

The question is, whether I should go back to the orphanage for more?

My stats are in the 70’s but I felt I was blundering around the orphanage without getting anywhere, and don’t want to end up back in a box as my very easy escape felt somewhat lucky and I don’t want to rely on that route again.

[quote=Jingle]I’ve just had left the orphanage, via a velvet lined box, courtesy of my plucky plant.[li]

The question is, whether I should go back to the orphanage for more?

My stats are in the 70’s but I felt I was blundering around the orphanage without getting anywhere, and don’t want to end up back in a box as my very easy escape felt somewhat lucky and I don’t want to rely on that route again.[/quote]

[/li]Go back when you feel your stats are good enough that you’ll be able to enjoy the storyline. We certainly recommend experiencing Poor Edward’s Box at least once, but after that it effectively becomes a menace area that has the potential to lead to another, different menace area. [li]

I have just been through the most harrowing (and fun) ordeal I’ve yet experienced in Fallen London. The orphanage storyline is wonderfully written and a joy to play.
edited by progpen on 2/18/2014

Wot’s this? I’ve never heard of it until now.

Ambition: Light Fingers stuff, I think.

It’s an Ambition-specific area, much like only those with Ambition: Nemesis will pass through The Chamber of the Heart. (Which was a very enjoyable and unsettling section of story.

It’s something only those of the Light Finger ambition can go through, not that I envy them, small spaces creep me out a little.

The whole orphanage thing was so creepy, I loved it. However, I don’t remember experiencing that box…

You end up there if you attract too much attention while in the Orphanage.

http://fallenlondon.wikia.com/wiki/Category:A_small,_velvet_lined_box

I really didn’t mind it. Nice way to increase Recurring Dreams: Burial of the Dead.