A humble idea for enhancing 'inventory/myself' tab

Greetings delicious friends, and specifically, succulent developers,

Given the vast improvement of the item system, and its organisation, compared to the old setup - this simple thought crossed my mind for certain items still languishing in an unspecified manner in the ‘Curiosities’ section.

Keys, and Books.

There is a substantial body of property to buy and enhance in the game, each with a key or access pass, and several other ‘keys’ (including deeds, safe-conduct passes etc), for access to certain places, or opportunity card options. And they’re scattered all over the curiosity sections
A simple ‘Keyring’ section, like the other more specific sections, would be a welcome and suitable slot for this. (I also like the idea of a big, gothic, iron loop with a selection of mundane keys and more esoteric items on it - or maybe something more suitably outlandish due to the variety of ‘keys’)

With regard to Books - A ‘Bookshelf’ or ‘Desk’ would be most welcome. Between the 6 or so poems and novels you can write for the court; 3 types of research notes and their related books once you have enough to combine into a tome; and now several levels of short story; it’s a substantial body of paperwork. (I’m leaning towards the idea of a grand ornate desk or bureau as being in keeping with a LOT of player characters).

This is a purely organisational and aesthetic idea - but make of it what you will.

Some more:

Move PoSI goods to the goods category - They fit way better there!
Carnival Tickets, Scientific Notes, Sapphires, Venom-rubies could also be moved there - Scientific notes are alike Scraps in that they have no value and have to be cashed in.
Possibly also move Fidgeting Writer items.

If we’re doing this kind of thing, Warm Amber should be moved from Weapons to become a Rubbery good. From the patterns, it looks like this was considered, and there’s even an island where you can pick this up in abundance, but it was never followed up on.

The problem here is that rubbery goods cannot be equipped. Though I figure a paltry +1 persuasive is nothing any more.

If we are dreaming:

This has been mentioned before but it could dovetail nice with the key ring: a system where we could change outfits with one click.

You could combine this with the keyring into a system where each lodging you own adds one extra slot for outfits. That way you would eventually have enough slots for outfits for the four abilities and for Bizarre, Dreaded, etc.

Seeing how the system is moving to Storynexus this doesn’t seem likely though.

[quote=Corran]If we are dreaming:

This has been mentioned before but it could dovetail nice with the key ring: a system where we could change outfits with one click.

[/quote]

There’s a user script for that. It’s connected to your browser so it won’t follow you around, but it’s handy.

I’m coming to understand that the best thing about Fallen London is the worst thing about Fallen London.

The lack of detail.

There’s not too much, no: Not too little, either. Just enough to make me hunger insatiably for more.

[quote=amaresu][quote=Corran]If we are dreaming:

[/quote]

There’s a user script for that. It’s connected to your browser so it won’t follow you around, but it’s handy.[/quote]

I’ve tried said script in the past but I decided (for reasons I can’t remember unfortunately) that I was better off without.