A help request from a new player

So I have gotten Sunless Sea a week or more ago and decided to go to fallen london to get some bonuses on sunless sea I got the box from the rats and then managed to get acces to the wolfstock docks and I can see there are 2 things I can do to gain the bonuses ingame.

My questions are how do I gain them or make them,unlock them? Are there more Sunless Sea related bonuses?

I still dont entierly understand this game and I tried the wiki but its still confusing

Welcome to Fallen London!

I’d suggest calling in at the Young Turks thread first for tips on the game. For specific Sunless Sea bonuses, perhaps others who know will post more in this thread?

[quote=Deatheye]So I have gotten Sunless Sea a week or more ago and decided to go to fallen london to get some bonuses on sunless sea I got the box from the rats and then managed to get acces to the wolfstock docks and I can see there are 2 things I can do to gain the bonuses ingame.

My questions are how do I gain them or make them,unlock them? Are there more Sunless Sea related bonuses?

I still dont entierly understand this game and I tried the wiki but its still confusing[/quote]
One sunless sea crossover item that is easy to get is the parabolan kitten. Just post a link to your profile in this kitten request thread and a community member will most likely send you a pet kitten right away to your messages tab: Click Here

To get the kitten in Sunless Sea as a potential officer you have to have the kitten and then click on it, select use, and then play with the kitten. You may have to play with it a few times before it gives you a special quality allowing the unlock in sunless sea.

A second cross over is to sell a Soothe and Cooper Long-Box at the wolfstack docks. These are a little trickier to obtain as they are only available during the Christmas season (you are in luck, that’s happening right now!). Check out this thread here for advice on how to gain taste of lacre which is a seasonal currency used to purchase Soothe and Cooper Long-Boxes. Be sure to let people know you are a new player so they can give you appropriate advice: Click Here

It may also be worth while to check out the Fallen London Advent Calendar as Failbetter Games may be kind and give out a free long-box for people how click the new links that appear there daily, but it’s not guaranteed: Click Here

Once you have a Soothe and Cooper Long-Box and sell it at the wolfstack docks, every new captain you start will get one free Soothe and Cooper Long-Box in Sunless Sea.

The third cross-over is the Whisper lock box which you have already found. Let me know if you have any additional questions. Do check out the linked threads above. And Happy Zailing :-)
edited by NiteBrite on 12/20/2015

thank you both for the help

and Happy Christmas!
edited by Deatheye on 12/20/2015

There is one other crossover quality I know of, but it requires progressing a fair way into Fallen London. After becoming a Person of Some Importance by raising your stats enough*, you can buy a ship and zail to various locations, many of which are also present in Sunless Sea. (Currently available locations are Mutton Island, Hunter’s Keep, the Iron Republic, Port Carnelian, Apis Meet, Polythreme, and with certain ambitions Abbey Rock and Venderbight.) Siccessfully making port raises the An Experienced Navigator quality and after a couple levels you can gain a metaquality giving you three free secrets at the start of each captain’s run in Sunless Sea.

*Becoming a PoSI requires completing one of several storylines and raising all four main stats enough that with equipment all are at least 100, though not necessarily at the same time.

Correction: the relevant option is Provide Sage Advice, under Aspiring Zee-Captains in Wolfstack, and requires An Explorer of the Unterzee: The Captain! aka owning a ship.