A guest room at the Brass Embassy

So i am working my way towards obtaining &quotA guest room at the Brass Embassy&quot, and trying to figure out what of the two ways of obtaining it is the better option.
I need an additional pair of eyes on this, since i suspect i am missing some important detail. I started playing only about two weeks ago so its far from unlikely.

http://fallenlondon.wikia.com/wiki/A_guest_room_at_the_Brass_Embassy

Cost: 1250 x Brilliant Soul[color=rgb(255, 255, 255)] [/color]
[color=rgb(255, 255, 255)]or [/color]
Cost: 500 x Brilliant Soul, 100 x Muscaria Brandy, 1 x Brass Ring, Connected: Hell 50, an Intimate of Devils 1

I currently have a reliable source of souls that i am using to convert to Brilliant Souls, and i could just keep doing that.

If i were to go for the second option, my Connected: Hell is currently 43, so that is not far off. And im already an Intimate of Devils.

I could buy a Brass Ring if i sold 2000 souls, worth aproximately 80-84 Brilliant Souls.

The Muscarian Brandy would cost 500 Brilliant Souls to trade upp to.

[color=#ffffff]This means the purely material cost of the second option would be worth aproximately 1080 Brilliant Souls.[/color]
[color=#ffffff]
[/color]
[color=#ffffff]
[/color]
[color=#ffffff]Asuming my Connected: Hell progress isnt hindered in some way , Option two would be the cheaper way.[/color]

[color=#ffffff]
[/color]
[color=#ffffff]Is there something i am missing here? Will the last 6 lvls of Connected: Hell be harder?[/color]
[color=#ffffff]
[/color]
[color=#ffffff]http://fallenlondon.storynexus.com/Profile/Arcalyte[/color]

Nope. There’s always a cheaper and a more expensive way to get the four-card lodgings (the more expensive way always being buying from Penstock). The cheaper way also provides some cool higher tier items.

The issue with the cheaper way is that it also requires higher tier items, which are usually harder to obtain and will require more actions to obtain/trade up to. It’s usually worth it if you are already close. I’m planning on getting my Guest Room from Penstock as I don’t have a very high Connnected: Hell quality, but you seem to be set.

Not at all. The second option is cheaper, but less direct.
I’d stick with that.

not if you don’t mind being an intimate of devils. otherwise, yes- that is a catch, though perhaps not a dealbreaker.

Thank you all very much. I shall go for the second option.

You can get all the ingredients (brilliant souls and brandy) directly via Thefts of a Particular Character in the Flit.

If you’re a POSI and have high Shadowy that’s very efficient.

The Casing you build can also easily raise your connection to Hell to 50.

Given that the OP started playing a couple of weeks ago, it seems unlikely that they are a POSI already.

The second way will get you text, as well as some higher tier items, that you won’t get simply buying the key from Penstock.

Also, Brass Rings can be obtained if you are in the Game of Knife and Candle, with prize tokens.

I get Brass Rings from seeking curios in the Forgotten Quarter or, if you haven’t opened that area yet, you can buy them in the Bazaar. Though they are rather expensive at 40 echoes it would save the actions and souls needed for conversions.

Doesn’t the second option explicitly say it’s cheaper than the market price?

Also note that the brass ring is not consumed, and you can get 5 by converting 25 muscaria brandy.

I got my Guest room this way by becoming an intimate of devils for a day and then snubbing them :P

Of course you can’t do this if you don’t have a soul.
edited by WormApotheote on 3/12/2015

For brass rings I would go the Fidgeting Writer way.

Im researching this option and I wonder, if I pick the option to get the ring, will i be able to do the events again to see more of the Fidgeting Writer story?

Im researching this option and I wonder, if I pick the option to get the ring, will i be able to do the events again to see more of the Fidgeting Writer story?[/quote]
Yes, Fidgeting Writer story is repeatable.

Im researching this option and I wonder, if I pick the option to get the ring, will i be able to do the events again to see more of the Fidgeting Writer story?[/quote]
Yes, Fidgeting Writer story is repeatable.[/quote]

Thank you.

I am now about halfway to getting the Guest Room

Does anyone know how to get the upgraded Guest Room?

Tower of Sun and Moon -> Impossible Theorem (Requires 49 Searing Enigma + 9-Actions 500 Watchful Test)

Or

Christmas: 7x Taste of Lacre, 3 Notability

Tower of Sun and Moon -> Impossible Theorem (Requires 49 Searing Enigma + 9-Actions 500 Watchful Test)

Or

Christmas: 7x Taste of Lacre, 3 Notability[/quote]
isn’t that the one for the royal bethlehem? the article on the wiki seems to say it is, at least- unless a wink from a manager of one hotel improves the lodgings in another. i thought she was asking for the hell room’s upgrade.

Whoops.

In that case you need a Reported Location of a One-Time Prince of Hell + 8 Notability to upgrade. That will cost you 3200 Scraps or selling the location of the Nadir to the Great Game (Not Hell).

Or you could sell your soul and wait for Christmas. As a Shepherd I am obliged to discourage you or some such. Did you know the urchins stopped retrieving souls after being called B______s by some gentlemen on the forum?

[quote=Estelle Knoht]Whoops.

In that case you need a Reported Location of a One-Time Prince of Hell + 8 Notability to upgrade. That will cost you 3200 Scraps or selling the location of the Nadir to the Great Game (Not Hell).

Or you could sell your soul and wait for Christmas. As a Shepherd I am obliged to discourage you or some such. Did you know the urchins stopped retrieving souls after being called B______s by some gentlemen on the forum?[/quote]
out of curiosity, is there a reason to upgrade more than one lodging to 5-card yet?

Not at the moment. Do it if you’d like, but there’s no mechanical benefits for having more than one yet.