A gift of 100 fate?

why would anyone do THAT? what are its rewards (if any)? (plleeeaaassee ppiicckk mmeeeeee)[li]

[/li][li]During the Feast of the Exceptional Rose, it is possible to acquire certain rare Companions, such as the Quiet Deviless, by turning in expensive gifts that can only be bought with Fate. Giving someone Fate as an incentive to exchange such Fate-locked gifts with you can be one way of obtaining such Companions…

[/li]

It is a gift. There need not necessarily be any special reason for doing so other than wanting to give a gift to a friend. Though, admittedly, it is a rather expensive gift to give in the context of Fallen London. In real life, I think it might actually be on the cheaper side of things.

As it stands, currently the option is locked with the quality ‘Impossible’. As to why, I have no clue.

It got locked because of something to do with the app and a possible exploit.

When it was available I used to buy Fate in bulk and share it amongst my characters (back in the days when you had to use Fate to buy access to be an Exceptional Friend)

hm. when is that feast?

February - it is Fallen London’s Valentine’s Day … extended to a fortnight :)

ah. what about fourth of july? uk company? london, so im guessing lol

What does the Fourth of July have to do with anything?

And yes, Failbetter is based in London.

Very much agreed. Sometimes people don’t realize what they spend on food, or treats, or coffee, or…

It’s all about budgets and what’s a priority to you. I personally don’t mind spending money on fate given what books cost today, as an example.

Awww I saw this post and thought maybe they had un-retired it.

I totally would’ve sent someone one.

Some day…

[quote=Kukapetal]Awww I saw this post and thought maybe they had un-retired it.

I totally would’ve sent someone one.

Some day…[/quote]

[li]
We should be friends :D

Will you pick me up from the airport at 1:00 am tomorrow, new bestest buddy? ;)

O’Hare or Midway? I could do that im not far and its only in a few hours really… how about i send you a lyft or an uber? would be cheaper that 100 fate…

There are no special events on the Fourth of July in Fallen London. In case you were curious, here is a list of Fallen London’s 5 special holidays.

1. The Feast of The Exceptional Rose (February)

Be showered with gifts and shower others with your own gifts in an attempt to gain access to London’s own speed dating service. Also, get a tattoo.

1. Election (June)

Select the lesser of three evils to vote into the position of London’s mayor and campaign for them.

1. The Fruits of the Zee Festival (August)

Go fishing on an island of insane well worshipping cultists and possibly learn your destiny.

1. Hallowmas (October)

Use other people’s deepest, darkest secrets to help your companions reflect on themselves and become better people… or traumatize them. Be visited at night by a mysterious stranger and learn your destiny.

1. Neathmas (December)

Play in the Neathly snow that is Lacre and be visited for 12 days by Mr Sacks, the Neathly bastardization of Father Christmas who takes from you every night. Then use Lacte to buy a house.

It’d also be very useful for buying Fate in bulk (280 at a time) and gifting to one’s alts.

are mr sacks elves “santas little bastards”? blink blink blink blinkity blink blink blink

i chose slowcake, the mot evil at election :D
i am astranox lol

Mr. Sacks doesn’t have elves.

guess you didn’t get the goat of what i was saying.

just bucking around.

was that too obvious? i make a lot of silly gaming references.

[quote=Harry P.]
5. Neathmas (December)

Play in the Neathly snow that is Lacre and be visited for 12 days by Mr Sacks, the Neathly bastardization of Father Christmas who takes from you every night. Then use Lacre to buy a house.[/quote]
We’ll you also get 24 days of presents (via access codes) from failbetter leading up to christmas, which balances out the Mr. Sacks thing a bit