A Game Of Chance (Read First Post)

The Stony-faced Bartender handed you a slip of paper with uncommon textile to its make. Is this papyrus? Positively profligate, even for your Respectable and Bizarre Acquaintance.

To Ragabrash, it read: “The consideration was greatly appreciated, friend, yet I feels obliged to inform you that the Anarchists over at the Iron Republic must have considered you foreigner to London if they figured Street Signs and some light reading an appropriate souvenir. Impropriety aside, I thank you. I leave this message here with the hardy proprietor of this place as I shall be undertaking an expedition to a certain violet-hued cave. Remembrance willing, I shall return with gifts. Yours, Aoditor.”

To Thursday, it read: “And yours, ever the same. With your impressive array of wines, I shall toast you, and ever keep the cipher in mind. Your Urchin Network is impressive, though riddled with some remarkable amount of bugs. I recommend a thorough hot water bath. I leave this message here with the hardy proprietor of this place as I shall be undertaking an expedition to a certain violet-hued cave. Remembrance willing, I shall return with gifts. Yours, Aoditor.”

Received–well, found–one small selection of wines at the docks. Not unwelcome for keeping the Neathy chill out. They do match a description in the Constable’s list of stolen goods, but I don’t need to look too closely. I wonder if my friend the Irreverent Burglar has anything to do with it… Probably not. Cheers whoever “lost” the package.

Soran sent Rag, by way of a very cute sorrow-spider messenger, a single bottle of Muscaria Brandy. I’m not sure how to take that. Thanks, I think.

Ami, would you like to bring Kasha in on the game? I’m trying to spread out the gifts as much as I can, but with a limited player pool, I’ve already gone full circle through the list. I don’t want anyone to feel obligated to reciprocate more than they’re comfortable.
edited by Ragabrash on 11/5/2014

Cairn: I suppose I could muster up something for this little gift-giving game every now and then. Should be fun.

Soran: … What’s your angle?

Cairn: My dear, you wound me. Do you really think I’m so lacking in magnanimity that I have to have an &quotangle&quot here?

Soran: Yes, actually. Also, if you call me &quotdear&quot again, my next gift is going to be a box of Scuttering Squad mercs delivered directly to your doorstep.

Zero: I am so sorry about those two, delicious friends. They’re just working out some, ah, unresolved issues. It won’t happen again, I’m sure. Right, guys?

Soran: Glares … Right.

Cairn: I recently had a box of lovely wines delivered through a hole in my wall. I haven’t much had the means to buy decent wines these last few years, so this is quite a welcome gift. I’ve given out my own gift to pass that goodwill on.

Soran: Hmph. What did you give them, a box of adders?

Zero: Hey! What did we agree to about the arguing?

Soran: That… Thing is evil, Zero. This isn’t going to end anywhere good.

Cairn: And still you insist on breaking my heart by continually assuming the worst of me… Sigh But I’m sure my recipient with love their gift, and that’s all that matters here, whether you can let bygones be bygones or not.

http://fallenlondon.storynexus.com/Profile/Cashuea

Ah a generous kind of game! I too shall partake if you will have me, it seems that i got just enough echo’s to send a random gift to somebody.

Received from the generous Ragabrash something forbidden. Why do I keep getting something forbidden?

I too got forbidden goods, it could just be chance.

Daykeeper, darling thing, has sent me three Collated Research.

A clump of Beeswax for me, courtesy of Ol’ Rags.

Ah! Haven’t been logging my received packages here; I will proceed to do so from now on!

Zero: Oh, right; I got wine from that last one. That should give me a few happy evenings.

Soran: Huh. Have all three of us received wine now? I wonder what that means…

Zero: Probably that they know we’re drunks.

Soran: No, you’re the drunk here, Mr. Hunt; I’m a connoisseur.

Cairn: And me?

Soran: Someone who somehow managed to con someone into giving them gifts, I think.

Zero: Oh, come on now. Cairn here gave someone a gift, didn’t they? They’re participating. Just like me; I gave someone a gift. And it wasn’t even rats this time. At least, I don’t think it was rats; I don’t really remember.

Soran: Sigh Were you drunk?

Zero: … Yeah, kind of.
edited by Soran on 11/18/2014

Kylestien’s gift box contained 4 venge-rat corpses and 2 ostentatious diamonds!

One claims to have been drunk. One says he doesn’t remember. One, however, remembered that I was the one complaining about forbidden packages, and made sure that I’d receive yet another that’d escaped the Ministry of Public Decency. I’m grateful for one’s intoxicated mindfulness and sarcastic generosity.

Sorry, did I say one? I meant Zero…

Sounds like a lot of fun! I’d be happy to send and receive such gifts.

Soran: I seem to have recently received a package containing a number of old street signs and a banned text; always welcome additions to my collections. I’ve sent on a gift of my own; hopefully Umbra’s manner isn’t too rough for the recipient.

Zero: Umbra again, huh? Honestly, I cannot for the life of me understand why you would think it’s a good idea to send that bird on another gift-giving run. Isn’t he kind of, you know, evil?

Soran: Not evil. A bit overly-pragmatic, perhaps, but not evil. But whatever Umbra’s moral failings, he’s loyal enough that he’ll do as I ask of him, and that’s all that matters.

Cairn: So you’re willing to give one devious corvid the benefit of the doubt, but not me? A bit hypocritical, don’t you think?

Soran: Hmph… If I still had a soul to get angry with, I do believe I would be busy slitting your throat right now, Cairn. You should remember to thank the Quiet Deviless the next time you see her.

Cairn: Will do, my dear!

I’ll be happy to send such gifts! (And receive them, but you already guessed that…)

Username: Aximillio

(Also sent one to loiathal)
edited by Aximillio on 12/14/2014

Received a lovely bunch of London Street Signs from Aximillo, as well as an lovely package from Soran.

Got something warming from NatalieHarmonia (Bundle 378). The wine is much appreciated =)
edited by Aximillio on 12/20/2014

I’m in.