A Game Of Chance (Read First Post)

(This is a work in progress. Any advice on this would be welcome and considered.)

Greetings Fallen Londoners!

I have decided it might be fun to do something a little… random.

I am given to understand that the Give a Gift card has a option to spend 10 Echoes to give a friend a random gift. That gift as far as I know, can range from harmful or otherwise useless, to things that The Masters Of The Bazzar would envy.

So i have arranged a little game in the vein of Pass The Cat, except with less cats and more random.

Players will post their profile on this thread so people can add them to their contacts and send gifts. When you receive a gift that is sent, you must accept it. No matter what it is

A few rules:

Due to the nature of the game being random,10 Echo gifts are preferred.

You may send any of the other gifts if you so desire. However, if you send a Box of Rats, living or dead, you MUST clarify which it is in the message. Since people HAVE to accept the gift no matter what it is, it’s not like they will refuse.

If you send A Box Of Live Rats, it would be Polite, though strictly optional, to offer a social action to heal wounds. Do not send a poison action. That would be ungentlemanly.

This is optional, but feel free to add a interesting story to any package. If it’s a not random package, add something related to what it is. if it is a random package, write a rnadom story or one that fits to anything, and hope it provides a hilarious or creepy or whatever effect.

This is also optional, but it might be polite, if you have the means, to send something back in return. However, do not feel obligated too.

If anything particularly funny happens, share it. you don’t need to, but it could be a good laugh.

My profile to start us off: http://fallenlondon.storynexus.com/Profile/Kylestien
edited by Kylestien on 10/9/2014

Ain’t any chance you’ve seen a box, have you? Not saying that I lost one or nothing. Just thought a sensible, well-connected cove like yourself might know to keep an eye out for these sort of things. If you found one, of course, which I ain’t saying you did, you might not want to go waving it about in public if you catch my meaning. Some of those nobby sorts can get right protective over that which ain’t theirs.

((You should now be in possession of a box of potentially stolen goods. Surely nothing distressing can come of this.))
edited by The Irreverent Burglar on 10/9/2014

[quote=The Irreverent Burglar]Ain’t any chance you’ve seen a box, have you? Not saying that I lost one or nothing. Just thought a sensible, well-connected cove like yourself might know to keep an eye out for these sort of things. If you found one, of course, which I ain’t saying you did, you might not want to go waving it about in public if you catch my meaning. Some of those nobby sorts can get right protective over that which ain’t theirs.

((You should now be in possession of a box of potentially stolen goods. Surely nothing distressing can come of this.))
edited by The Irreverent Burglar on 10/9/2014[/quote]

You just indirectly gave me a idea…

(Also, funnily enough, I got 4 London Street Sings and 1 Proscribed Material from it. Most definitely the sort of thing one does not wave around.)

http://fallenlondon.storynexus.com/Profile/cain_sw

Sounds interesting. I don’t currently have enough echos (or rats), but if you send me something, I’ll try my best to give something in return.

Very willing to pay surprise gifts forward. I suggest an up-to-date list of players in the OP if the game gains traction.

How delightful, it would be remiss of me not to join in on this noble endeavor while it was just starting up! Below is my address:

http://fallenlondon.storynexus.com/Profile/Aoditor

Do feel free to visit!

Ah, and, Master Ragabrash, I do have something for you. Check under the floorboard.

A surprise package has been given to one Irrelevant Burglar, and he was the very devil to track down. Enjoy.

Happily received. Just the thing. Package off to the merry conspirator who gathered us here.

Zero: A game! How fun! I’m a bit tight on Echoes at the moment, but I do have plenty of rat corpses to go around… Wait! You, with the bat! You have money; you could send something a bit fancier.

Soran: Look, Zero, I enjoy acts of magnanimity as much as the next person, but I’m much too busy for such frivolous-

Zero: ‘Busy’?! Busy with what? Bloody spats with ex-lovers? Poking through ruins for stolen glim? Dousing yourself in forget-me light for no particular reason?

Soran: …

Zero: Yeah, that’s what I thought. You’re not doing anything important. Send something.

Soran: Sigh Very well; I’ll play your silly games. Someone here will be receiving something shortly.

Zero: And I’ll work on sending out those rats! Dead ones, I mean; not the mercenary kind. Well, maybe they were mercenaries once when they were alive, but the point is that they almost certainly wont gnaw the recipient’s face off the moment they open the package.

My, my. Your Raven certainly have a sense of humor, Soran. I’ll be sure to shares it with my ventral acquaintances next we meet.

Soran: Now I must admit to a morbid sort of curiosity; what did my dear, devious Umbra choose as your gift?

Zero: Heh. I wouldn’t be surprised if that black-feathered fiendling of yours just stashed the money for himself and delivered an empty box. I’m really not sure what other outcome you expected.

Soran: I don’t recall anyone soliciting your opinion on the matter, Mr. Hunt.

Zero: Oh, there’s no need to solicit; my opinions are always available. And by the way… Didn’t you have another package to send?

Soran: … Perhaps, yes. And didn’t you have some rats to send?

Zero: Well… Yes, but the postal system is hard, okay? I’m trying, honest!

Received a box of street signs from Soran… Cheers. Sold them for 2.5 echoes each. Now have the money to surprise someone…

Surprise box sent to gentleman in the well tailored suit and expensive riding boots(to be received in his quite comfortable rooms in the Royal Beth) who is momentarily short of petty cash.

Good Evenin’ you lot. Now, once again, I ain’t lost anything. Was just collecting a few bits and pieces - trinkets really, not hardly worth a mention - for a friend at the 'beth. 'course, when I get home this evening the cat - one of the cats - has gone and run off with them. I’d be right grateful if any of you who happen to find anything could send it up to the Flit.

((Boxes (and, in one case, a terrible rhyme) have been sent to the wonderful Soran and the ceaselessly generous Ragabrash. Kyle’s earlier box contained a lovely serving of Muscaria Brandy that has thus far remained unopened. Thankfully.))
edited by The Irreverent Burglar on 10/15/2014

Zero: Ooh, I got a dead rat!

Soran: &quotA&quot dead rat? As in one? Don’t you have thousands of those already?

Zero: Yes, but this wasn’t just any rat; it was a venge-rat. Exactly the sort of rat you wouldn’t want to meet in a dark pantry at night. It’s quite a trophy. Also, it was stuffed with diamonds, which is a pretty good bonus.

Soran: … I may have made a mistake in coming here with you.

Zero: So, didn’t you get something?

Soran: Yes, actually. A rather… Unpleasant cat came to my door earlier today. I had to shoo it off with a shovel after it jumped inside and tried to eat Cecil. But it left a box of wines on my doorstep, including some quite high-end ones; Strangling Willow Absinthe and a bottle of Broken Giant 1844. Very curious.

For Wiggins, the week spent on a generous patron’s dole at the Royal Beth was probably the most luxurious of his life. There weren’t many places in the posh areas of London where the likes of him could stay without comment, but here…

Technically, this was his pay. He was there simply to tell visitors that the normal occupant of the room ("Mifter Psmith, we call’s 'im) is out at zee, but will be accepting of any packages upon his return, and is a right generous sort.

A marvelous game! Do count me in.

http://fallenlondon.storynexus.com/Profile/Ginneon~Thursday

A fellow clubsman, I see! Check the fourth book from the left side, top shelf, for a map to a stash. I gave one of my protege a test, see. He is to procure a collection of items from across our fair city, making nary a sound.

Do get back to me, I still needed to evaluates his effort.

I cannot account for his silence, but assuming the items your protégé was to procure were nine venge-rat corpses, stuffed with five ostentatious diamonds - then yes. I would say he succeeded on that part of the test. He may have made a bargain with the venge-rats, for the package bore the note &quotDONE BECAUSE WE ARE TOO MENNY.&quot

Happy to report that Ginneon’s urchin contacts delivered his note and package of eighteen Correspondence Plaques. The urchin who delivered the box should be especially rewarded, as I know they have some manner of fascination with the things.

In answer to the question you turned back on me, maybe my mantelpiece holds an answer. Nobody ever called me Saturday, but with my Neathglass goggles off, I look positively innocent.