A Couple of Questions re: Death and Desire

Hello all, I’m a long-time reader, first-time poster. I have much enjoyed lurking, but a couple of questions have become pressing enough that I’ve had to sign up!

Two questions that I can’t seem to find the answer to anywhere else:

• If I take Wounds 8 somewhere outside London, does that count as a ‘death’? I’m perilously close at Hunter’s Keep without any reliable way of healing, and I’d spend a few Fate on a tincture to perhaps be able to return to the Surface someday, if needs be. I’d rather not if it isn’t necessary, though!
  • I’m approaching the end of the Topsy King’s stage of Heart’s Desire. If I’m barred from Court, can I still perform the Topsy King’s magnum opus, or is there a workaround?

Thanks for your help, all.

If you hit Wounds 8 at Hunter’s Keep then the sisters will patch you up, so you won’t go to the slow boat.

There is both a way to deal with the opera with and without access to court. I believe with is cheaper, though.

(Please tell me I’m not the only person who immediately thought of Sandman when I read this.)

I would’ve said something about Delirium, but I wasn’t worried about Nightmares.

No Dream to speak of?[li]