A comment about master thief 1

Does anybody else love the irony in the description of master thief one being &quotyou stole what cannot be stolen&quot when all you have to do is steal the strongbox from a carnival halfway through the day to get it? That really doesn’t sound unstealable to me.

The description was more appropriate back when you could only get the quality for stealing from the Bazaar or Brass Embassy.

Neither of which I would know a thing about… should anyone ask

I see why stealing from those targets would give the quality. Stealing from the bazaar is nigh impossible, and robbing that particular embassy is really a pain in the BRASS… Heh heh…

Sorry for that. Seriously though, that makes things a lot clearer. Maybe failbetter could change it to only be after raising your master thief a certain amount, like what happens with an intimate of Devils. (Still not sure if that’s good or bad. I have mine at 4.)

[quote=GamerGallade]I see why stealing from those targets would give the quality. Stealing from the bazaar is nigh impossible, and robbing that particular embassy is really a pain in the BRASS… Heh heh…

Sorry for that. Seriously though, that makes things a lot clearer. Maybe failbetter could change it to only be after raising your master thief a certain amount, like what happens with an intimate of Devils. (Still not sure if that’s good or bad. I have mine at 4.)[/quote]
If you don’t mind losing a S___-_____ it’s good- you want it to reach the peak, so you can get them to stop bugging you. if you’re attached to your S____, however, it’s better to drive it down to zero.

I recommend you play it through and make the decisions your character would make. Avoid spoilers.

Your mileage may vary, but personally? My experience in that story was one of my most enjoyable moments within the game (even though it certainly didn’t really feel that way immediately after it ended the way it did. &quotA matter of luck, how can you fail?&quot indeed! :-p )

Have fun flirting with the devils! :-D

Who dines with devils should use a long spoon.