A casual rambling thread for various minor topics

Notice - this is rough draft, so please don’t take all of them that seriously. Only take them in merely serious manner.

[color=#ffff66]Every other &quotconnection use&quot method should be like the one in Flit [/color]- with appaling rarity ( Seriously, with current progress we should be getting Unfinished business in tier 2 locations ) of &quotbasic items&quot in Fallen London, we really need it. Especially in Forgotten Quarter, as even though people spend lots of time at there and is one of most mysteriuous place in Neath, no special card occurs at there.

[color=#ffff66]Many &quotuseless&quot cards actually have great potentials that would reduce everyone’s frustration with little touch.[/color]

A &quotpresumptuous little opportunity&quot could fare better as storylet. After all, &quotProcure Black Wings Absinthe&quot choice clearly shows that the Thyrsus Wines is loacated in Veilgarden. Even though this is no-requirement card, this is utterly useless to low-level character.

&quotA consideration for services rendered&quot is currently very useless - It requires 5 level of Hell Connection, but appears at 1 Lv. And the reward is very worthless.
If they’ll reward us with some toxic sherry or brandy (rare commodites, these), then this card will be improved.

[color=#ffff66]Eradicate &quotA libraryette for Mr Pages&quot or turn it into useful card like &quotA presumptuous little opportunity&quot by adding variety of options.

Speaking of which, what basic items do you consider awfully rare? Beetles, Infernal contracts, etc…[/color]

&quotCheesemonger no more&quot : give spycraft-related benefits such as rumours items or Great Game CP…

[color=#ffff66]Option to get skull in the gate of nadir. That place can be more interesting with something else than bazaar’s tear, and I’ve seen &quotseveral&quot eyeless &quotpeople&quot, so there ought be some skull in there. Also, current supply of skulls solely relies on rare success, which is very painful.[/color]

Affair of box option from Conflict Cards should have some benefit. For now, they are worse than storylet (No Kingmaker increase) These benefits could be :

[color=#ff66ff]I already talked about this before, but Albino rat card should allow one to use brass slivers and other interesting but currently vendor trash items to create mechanical items such as Whirring Contraption - &quotcontrivance of brass and steel&quot, and &quotA steaming, hissing confection of brass and steel!&quot. Seriously, Beetles are so rare. It’s not like that I can steal beetle colony beacon from unterzee, right?[/color]
[color=#ffff66]More diverse products from &quotMr Wines is holding a sale&quot. we can use some - actually, no. We can always use lots and lots of wines. something like &quotpresumptuous little opportunity&quot. Or at least more reasonable price in &quotA discount for purchase in bulk&quot. That’s not discount at all, that’s just inefficient exchange.[/color]

[color=#ff66ff]PS: Item conversation system can be changed for good of everyone, too. currently, they are only limited to tier 3. Everyone would agree that gathering beetles or grinding third city relic while we have enormous items at same tier is very frustrating - Wild words item beyond C. Plaque are good example of supposedly useful stuff that are nothing more than vendor trash.[/color]

[color=#ffff66]at least &quotTerm Passing…&quot part should be returned when you regain your academic reputation. Despite costing so much, only thing that’s available is assisting other folk’s paperwork and arguing with officials about long-cold issue.[/color]

Current system of social invite to surface is bugged, complex, bothersome and incredibally spammy that one might get their account banned.
[color=#ffff33] combining &quotcalling in favor&quot options to their respectable connection cards will be lovely idea. Recommended by Nedemmons[/color]

Completely useless, beyond saving: Putting the pieces together: something about the Fourth City ; A b

• Note to self - import various stuff that I talked about before

http://community.failbettergames.com/topic4027-we-need-new-endlevel-appropriate-contents.aspx

’ '「 I’m pretty sure that every Fallen Londoners have same opinion on this matter, and I’ll eat my Unfinished Hat if I’m wrong.
Anyway, the point is~

http://community.failbettergames.com/topic902-a-casual-rambling-thread-for-various-minor-topics.aspx#post34171

http://community.failbettergames.com/topic902-a-casual-rambling-thread-for-various-minor-topics.aspx#post34192
’ ’

’ '「 Yet another addition - Why isn’t there option to [color=rgb(255, 255, 255)]do several same actions at one go[/color]? For example, adding multiple Action option on grind like &quotAffair of the Box&quot storylet would be nice. Not only it would be more convenient, it will be a blessing to our wrist.[color=rgb(255, 51, 0)][/color]
[color=rgb(255, 51, 0)]
[/color]
[color=rgb(255, 51, 0)]
[/color] I there might be some tool for it, but not everyone know or willing to use such methods.

• My suggestion is adding something like this: [color=rgb(255, 255, 255)]Mix of [/color][color=rgb(153, 255, 255)][ current &quotuse second chance&quot box as a base ] [/color]+ [color=rgb(255, 255, 102)][ Single-sized[/color][color=rgb(255, 255, 153)] number input box like old bazaar interface ][/color]. How about that?」’ ’

http://community.failbettergames.com/topic2021-any-one-else-having-problems-with-twitter.aspx?Page=1#post37113

[li]
edited by Tommy Wi on 9/2/2013

[quote=Tommy Wi]
[color=#ffff66]Option to get skull in the gate of nadir. That place can be more interesting with something else than bazaar’s tear, and I’ve seen &quotseveral&quot eyeless &quotpeople&quot, so there ought be some skull in there. Also, current supply of skulls solely relies on rare success, which is very painful [/color][/quote]
[li]
I agree it would be nice to have something else of value in the Cave (although there are searing enigmas as well as the tears), but seeing as once you have access to the cave, skulls are no longer of much use for anything other than selling, it might be nicer to have something that has some other benefit.

The Libraryette card is really useful for building up Connected: the Masters.[/li][li]
edited by Elnara on 9/3/2013

You can give the skulls to other people who are having trouble with rare successes!

[quote=Tommy Wi]I’m pretty sure that every Fallen Londoners have same opinion on this matter, and I’ll eat my Unfinished Hat if I’m wrong.
Anyway, the point is that :

This suggestion deserves merit, especially as someone who updates the wiki regularly. Would be nice to have the ability to enable CP numerical values, so as to not disrupt the storytelling experience.

[li]

[/quote]

This suggestion deserves merit, especially as someone who updates the wiki regularly. Would be nice to have the ability to enable CP numerical values, so as to not disrupt the storytelling experience.

[/quote][li]

Thank you for agreeing to my opinion, fellow wiki user. Now I don’t have to eat my Unfinished Hat! Joke aside, showing CP is not (only) for metagamers - it merely allow people to more casually play the game without wrestling with math.* lots of storylets does not show which one is more efficient, which lead people to make pointless and frustrating mistakes.

*Useful one: number(number+1)/2 = Said number, added like 1+2+3+(and so on)

Hmm. since I want to max my Shadowy for new multiplication mechanic, Becoming Agent for &quotMemento of Struggle&quot seems very charming, and Passphrase is good and rare reward… but then I’ll have to give up being Author. While Persuasive bonus is not vital (No Persuasive-dependant reward multiplication mechanic), getting &quot[color=rgb(255, 255, 255)]An Exceptional Short Story&quot[/color] for advancing to Author was too hard to give up(3 failure on that one…). Any advice?

Personally I’m an Agent and I like it, mainly for my personal predilection for the Great Game. But Author does have a couple of advantages: it opens up a social interaction (other players might invite you at their Salon for 1x Confident Smile and an increase in Making Waves) and the reward is slightly higher (the value of goods is 50 Echoes for both author and Agent, but Author gives an extra 15 cp boost in Connected: Bohemians; also, if you have a Salon of your own, those Stolen Kisses are useful to increase your Scheme). Also, you can become an Author without having to grind your Making Waves - if you want to be sure to get an Exceptional Short Story, just increase your Potential as much as you can, then try it when you have 100% chance to get it.

In the end, the difference in rewards is minimum and getting Notability 2 for the Agent isn’t impossible, especially if you still have access to the Court (the options in the storylet &quotThe life of the mind&quot provide 1 cp Making Waves, if you just camp there grinding and keep the Opportunity card ready you should get it without much hassle), so I’d say just choose the one you like more, or the one that gives the best item for your needs.

Changing your profession is reasonably easy - if you have the right connections. But is it worth becoming an Agent to gain the extra 1 point of shadowy for a weapon as the Poison tipped Umbrella gives +8. Presbyterate Passphrases are not that common but I can’t really think of a use for them and it is reasonably easy to get the items to convert up. So I am not sure if it is worth changing your profession to get them.

Also high persuasive pets, which being an author gives you, are not available to buy but you can get a Scuttering Squad that gives +8 In everything except persuasive. So, if you just want to change your profession to max out your stats, what about becoming a conjurer. The Horrid Imp gives +9 shadowy; +9 Persuasive and +2 bizarre and there is a social action for making waves by being invited to perform at an Orphanage.

[li]

(omit)If you want to be sure to get an Exceptional Short Story, just increase your Potential as much as you can, then try it when you have 100% chance to get it.[/quote]

[li]
Oops, I’ve been unclear. I am already Author (with Salon, but no one invited me yet), but I was considering that Agent might be better choice because it’s item is best for Shadowy and Watchful, which are my favorite stats. Then again, come to think about it, all these hassle for Just 2 more Shadowy seems somewhat unnecessary.

As for Scuttering Squad, I already have Ubergoat/Bandit-cheif/Devious Raven Advisor(this one is weaker, though), so I don’t think that’ll be good investment. As for Umbrella, it’s not so different with Intricate Kifer, and I’m thinking that more items will come out.

Maybe unrelated item talk: Gloam-Foam and to lesser extent, [color=#99ffff]Night-Trimmed Frock Coat[/color] (Bombazine is &quotFor (omit) the most demanding of thieves&quot) Should have been shadowy item; [color=#99ffff]Lengual [/color]is more suited to be Persuasive in story-wise (but I love it as I have Diamond ring.(Speaking of which, I have too many diamonds yet can’t comission one like jewel lense… :( )); When are we going to wear Watchful shoe with hidden Ratwork camera, etc etc.[color=#ff00ff]*[/color]

[color=#ff0000]Help! [/color]For some reason, I (Tommy Wi) can’t log into this forum through Facebook - whenever I try, I am still not logged in and somehow only Header and Footer of this forum are shown. See below -

http://community.failbettergames.com/facebooklogin.aspx?token=CAACpKSZCYo1cBAJY4iG6Gp8Jfa2MhFC3yZAkryaAir25IZA1j9FZCWrnutoVPOM9
qidYySvsdJ1BGqPcKc984ywKd4qLHmYQCa6W5rss5a6CtaylgC44zaLfLr6gKrsZC4H5N8CNEE
hqMCQWHapaoMrUZAdE0O9ztRLqWqYI6L8S0LbBeS4EoobBsIbVxSSAkZD&uid=1660413051

Also, how do I erase forum account? I don’t want to have two account on one forum.[li]
edited by Tommy’s SubChar on 9/27/2013

[quote=Tommy Wi’s Second Character][color=#ff0000]Help! [/color]For some reason, I (Tommy Wi) can’t log into this forum through Facebook - whenever I try, I am still not logged in and somehow only Header and Footer of this forum are shown. See below -

http://community.failbettergames.com/facebooklogin.aspx?token=CAACpKSZCYo1cBAJY4iG6Gp8Jfa2MhFC3yZAkryaAir25IZA1j9FZCWrnutoVPOM9
qidYySvsdJ1BGqPcKc984ywKd4qLHmYQCa6W5rss5a6CtaylgC44zaLfLr6gKrsZC4H5N8CNEE
hqMCQWHapaoMrUZAdE0O9ztRLqWqYI6L8S0LbBeS4EoobBsIbVxSSAkZD&uid=1660413051

Also, how do I erase forum account? I don’t want to have two account on one forum.
[/quote]
[li]

Since nobody responded, I repost with one-use account - Somebody please help me! I cannot enter forum and I HAVE to join this celebration of miraculous success for Sunless Sea ( [color=#ffff00]£99,755 [/color]? Oh my holy youkai jesus christ who died for our sin, I could actually command a DIRIGIBLE. ) and talk about my onion about Maelstrom.

Who should I contact? Why am I only seeing only Forum’s Header and Footer part when I log in?

And How do I completely erase forum account? Having several forum account is against rule, I don’t want to be banned!

I have no idea what is wrong but have you let the admins know that this has happened.

If not - Click on users (top right of the screen), select administrators and PM one of them.

I hope that you get this sorted.

Erm. I gave my Devious Raven Advisor one more Book of the Dead and it went off to do something, then it came back and said a bunch. Is there a storylet or something?

That’s the end of it - your Raven went from Unscrupulous to Devious.

Strange thread to ask a question, though. The bright colors hurt my eyes.

That’s the end of it - your Raven went from Unscrupulous to Devious.

Strange thread to ask a question, though. The bright colors hurt my eyes.[/quote]
Just strange thread overall, though I kinda like it.