5 Card Lodgings

Is there a guide on how to get these?

The suggested way is to wait for christmas. Then you’ll be able to get some with taste of lacre.

I think that the wiki explains the technical requirements, but it really is much cheaper to get during sacksmas.

As an example, the Bazaar upgrade requires 10 notability (not too hard with decent BDR, but still an investment), 3 connected:the masters (fairly easy, particularly around Sacksmas), and a master’s blood. You loose the notability and the blood. Oh, and you can’t have high connected:revolutionaries.

To get the master’s blood, either sell the location of the cave of the nadir to the revolutionaries (and then figure out a way to dump all that connected:revolutionaries you’ve just gained), or grind cellars of wine, to trade on the presumptuous opportunity card for airag, then trade that airag for Tears of the Bazaar, and then trade those tears (and 7 notability) on the same card for the blood. It’s a lot of work.
edited by RandomWalker on 6/14/2015

[quote=RandomWalker]I think that the wiki explains the technical requirements, but it really is much cheaper to get during sacksmas.

As an example, the Bazaar upgrade requires 10 notability (not too hard with decent BDR, but still an investment), 3 connected:the masters (fairly easy, particularly around Sacksmas), and a master’s blood. You loose the notability and the blood. Oh, and you can’t have high connected:revolutionaries.

To get the master’s blood, either sell the location of the cave of the nadir to the revolutionaries (and then figure out a way to dump all that connected:revolutionaries you’ve just gained), or grind cellars of wine, to trade on the presumptuous opportunity card for airag, then trade that airag for Tears of the Bazaar, and then trade those tears (and 7 notability) on the same card for the blood. It’s a lot of work.
edited by RandomWalker on 6/14/2015[/quote]

Damn that is a lot of grinding cellars. I wasn’t around for Sackmas, I joined during The Feast of the Exceptional Rose. How much easier are they to get during Sackmas? I know you can get tears from the cave of the Nadir, but i’ve gone there probably six times now and havent seen one.

[quote=Luciferian56][quote=RandomWalker]I think that the wiki explains the technical requirements, but it really is much cheaper to get during sacksmas.

edited by RandomWalker on 6/14/2015[/quote]

Damn that is a lot of grinding cellars. I wasn’t around for Sackmas, I joined during The Feast of the Exceptional Rose. How much easier are they to get during Sackmas? I know you can get tears from the cave of the Nadir, but i’ve gone there probably six times now and havent seen one.[/quote]

Tears from the nadir can only be found at an exchange of ptpt:taste of lacre. You’d be better off spending that during x-mas.

Ahhh, that would explain why I have never come across it. I just chalked it up ot terrible luck.

It’s a shame one can’t sell the location before one learns it; all that Connected: Revolutionaries would help in getting a Ray-Drenched Cinder without having to find all those eyeless skulls. ;)

Sacksmas is much easier, but there’s still work to be done, and you can prep for it.

Taking the Spire-Emporium as our example again, when Penstock’s Wicket opens, you can get the upgrade for 9 Taste of Lacre and 3 Notability.

The Notability should be trivial with decent BDR, and there’s a lot of ways to get PtPT:tToL. If you have Scholar of the Correspondence 10, and a semiotic monocle, you can get up to eight from buckets of Lacre. It won’t take you all the way, but having three or four buckets of Lacre will help immensely. The buckets can be gained from clearing the path to your door, traded with the Urchins for Night Whispers and Storm Threnodies (I can’t remember the exact details, but basically you’re looking at over 100 echoes’ worth of stuff per bucket), and you got one from seasonal access codes the last couple of years. To get the rest of the points you’ll need, talk to / flatter the various incarnations of Mr Sacks who show at your door. The wiki can describe what happened the last two years, hopefully it’ll be the same this time round.

There are a lot of things you can get for your PtPT:tToL, so the more the better, and it pays to plan ahead. You can get a boost, and show FB some Christmas love, by paying Fate for the Sacksmas storyline. Well worth it, if you ask me, but I appreciate that everyone’s circumstances are different.

Any idea what the threshold is for Connected:Revolutionaries? I’m in the process of dumping it currently (have way too much from lectures in the Forgotten Quarter, and the Revolutionaries don’t interest me that much), but I’m struggling to do that currently - I can’t see (grindable) ways to dump that rep. There is the Opportunity card in The Flit, but that doesn’t come around very often at all. I suppose I could change my Closest To twice, but I’d hate to lose all the Bohemian I’ve been gathering for no significant gain.

Any idea what the threshold is for Connected:Revolutionaries? I’m in the process of dumping it currently (have way too much from lectures in the Forgotten Quarter, and the Revolutionaries don’t interest me that much), but I’m struggling to do that currently - I can’t see (grindable) ways to dump that rep. There is the Opportunity card in The Flit, but that doesn’t come around very often at all. I suppose I could change my Closest To twice, but I’d hate to lose all the Bohemian I’ve been gathering for no significant gain.[/quote]

According to the wiki, it mustn’t be higher than 10. I really would recommend waiting until Sacksmas.

It apparently doesn’t add a new opportunity card, so the only advantage is the 5th card slot. That’s an edge in the Nadir and while zailing, but in London it’s actually inferior to a remote address, because 1 extra card slot removes 1 card, while a remote address removes easily 3 or 4.
So it’s only worth buying now instead of at Sackmas if 6 months of slightly better Nadir and zailing are worth the immense investment required to get it now.

You can play The Affair of the Box and change allegiances to become a Turncoat. When your Tunrcoat quality is at 4 you’ll be able to play The Traitor’s Feast which removes 100 CP of Connected:Revolutionaries in one go.