5-card Lodgings UI Update?

I’ve just acquired my Spire-Emporium through the Wicket and, while the extra card in my hand is very convenient, the placement of the fifth card in the UI displaces my available storylets by quite a lot.

Is this something that could be addressed? And if not, would a browser extension fix be a candidate for the whitelist? I haven’t done anything in HTML for quite a while but it seems like expanding the middle beige panel into some of the unused black space on either side might be a viable fix, or at least an option for those of us with wider displays.

Unsurprisingly, people were complaining about this last year, too. I think Alexis said that they knew it was awful but hadn’t had the time to find something better, and clearly they still haven’t.

There’s already a userscript that will make them overlap at http://userscripts-mirror.org/scripts/show/243893; hopefully it can get whitelisted!

[quote=Zantumall]I’ve just acquired my Spire-Emporium through the Wicket and, while the extra card in my hand is very convenient, the placement of the fifth card in the UI displaces my available storylets by quite a lot.

Is this something that could be addressed? And if not, would a browser extension fix be a candidate for the whitelist? I haven’t done anything in HTML for quite a while but it seems like expanding the middle beige panel into some of the unused black space on either side might be a viable fix, or at least an option for those of us with wider displays.[/quote]

You and me both.

Doesn’t need a specific script/extension though - custom CSS via ‘Stylish’ add-on for Chrome or Firefox should do it - this is a very quick & dirty fix for 5 ‘overlapping’ cards on the same row, seems to work for me anyway.

ul#cards.hand-size5 li { width: 87px; }

(change 87 to whatever works in your browser)

Trying to make the whole central column wider is a lot more tricky, but I’ll get on it if I find time!