3200 scraps!

At long last, I’ve managed to work my way up to 3200 scraps!

I also would be interested in opinions on which 3200-scrap item would be the best to get:).

The Capering Relicker’s item does have a current use, but a cheaper alternative to the option requiring it will available relatively soon.

Is that the One-time location of a Prince of Hell? I was actually planning on selling the Cave of the Nadir’s location to get that one, but to my knowledge, the other three don’t have a use.

Correct on both counts. You can either pick one that you like the best or save your scraps for when one of the other items become useful.

Yeah, that sounds like it’ll work for me.

Thanks for the advice!

Some of them had, for a very short time, a use in SMEN.

Took me the better part of 2 years but I finally casually accumulated 3200 Scraps. Yay me.

Is this even an accomplishment anymore?

[quote=Owen Wulf]Took me the better part of 2 years but I finally casually accumulated 3200 Scraps. Yay me.

Is this even an accomplishment anymore?[/quote]

Yes :-). I’ve been working on it almost that long and am not half way yet… and some folks have in the meantime accumulated ~10,000!

I’ve made it to about 1200 so far. I after the location of a prince in Hell since I can’t get the 5 card lodging from the Wicket. No devil will buy my soul after what I’ve done to it. :)

[quote=Owen Wulf]Took me the better part of 2 years but I finally casually accumulated 3200 Scraps. Yay me.

Is this even an accomplishment anymore?[/quote]

It’s not nothing. We can’t all be Fallador: http://fallenlondon.storynexus.com/Profile/Fallador

Whoa, now that’s dedication.

How do you even get 39 fearsome duelist o_O

(…well by winning like 800 duels but)

You know, I have to wonder how you all get 3200. Because it’s a 50 50 chance I end up losing more scraps then I get half the time. Am I missing something

I never gamble for scraps. I just take the guaranteed ones when I can get them.

I also don’t bother with the Relicker gambles. I just have all the lodgings and draw cards frequently.

Assuming it’s 50/50 then in the long term the average gains are 2 scraps per gamble, and the deviation from that easily could negate any gains. (Like at 9 wins and 9 losses, losing the next one wipes any gains you’ve made so.)

They do right now. The devils in the western tower are offering, forma desperate and not so pristine souls. I’m still considering if I should.

Each lodging you buy will open an opportunity card. Those cards always have one option which will give you scrap. The cheaper ones (for example, Room Above A Bookshop) will give you one at a time, but the more expensive ones will give more - Premises at the Bazaar seems to give four, for example. You can also gamble on Relicker cards, but just consistantly picking the scrap option whenever you flip over a lodgings card will give you a slow but steady supply.

I suppose it depends on how dedicated you are to getting scraps but I always flip cards in the Flit and trade Favours with the Urchins for 20 scraps and a bundle of odditites, but the card doesn’t turn up that often. There is also the bat card which might give 3 scraps; connected Great Game or a Bat with Attitude. But the most reliable source of scraps comes from the lodging cards.

I do have enough scraps to trade to the Relickers for one of the 3200 options but am saving them until I have enough for the rest. Unless something comes up that uses one of the items.

I didn’t even know about that card!!