Powered by Jitbit .Net Forum free trial version.
MidnightVoyager
MidnightVoyager

11/17/2014
Fhoenix wrote:
I did the opposite
[spoiler]let the bard work for the Green Knight[/spoiler]
and lost the text for that to a timeout too. I get several timeouts per day. This is really annoying(
edited by Fhoenix on 11/17/2014

Roughly every 20 minutes. Which is the refresh rate. WHICH IS A PROBLEM.

Even if I don't watch it or wait, it happens. If I do watch it and wait, it also happens. I hate losing text to timeouts. I guess I'll have to manually log out and back in every time I do anything to avoid it.

--
Midnight Voyager - A blood-cousin to predators. Collector of beasts. Affably mad.
0 link
Fhoenix
Fhoenix

11/17/2014
For me it's an hour or two before each disconnect.
How do you log out? I've resorted to playing the game in a separate browser and closing it after each session. That seems to help.

I am a little surprised we even have this problem. I guess it's Origin, and they could not increase the timeout time for it. But why close the page immediately, why not let us read the text? The last action I do always registers, meaning the client has not really lost connection to the server. The server just wants you to re-login after that action and the client does it in the worst way possible.

--
My Character
0 link
MidnightVoyager
MidnightVoyager

11/17/2014
Fhoenix wrote:
For me it's an hour or two before each disconnect.
How do you log out? I've resorted to playing the game in a separate browser and closing it after each session. That seems to help.

I am a little surprised we even have this problem. I guess it's Origin, and they could not increase the timeout time for it. But why close the page immediately, why not let us read the text? The last action I do always registers, meaning the client has not really lost connection to the server. The server just wants you to re-login after that action and the client does it in the worst way possible.

It's super annoying. I log out by going into the keep itself.

--
Midnight Voyager - A blood-cousin to predators. Collector of beasts. Affably mad.
0 link
Fhoenix
Fhoenix

11/17/2014
Yeah, especially considering how much I enjoy the game otherwise. Losing text usually drives me up the wall.

--
My Character
0 link
Owen Wulf
Owen Wulf

11/17/2014
I want to start a second campaign soon, but I will wait until the possible patch for this because the issue is pretty game-breaking in my opinion.

--
Owen Wulf's Profile Lanzo Hoffman’s Profile Lukas Uller’s Profile
0 link
Gamma_chi
Gamma_chi

11/18/2014
Does anyone know how the decisions in Last Court import into Keep and DA:I? I'd like to do another run, this one completely disastrous, but I'd rather that not import into the 'good' world state, if that's possible?
edited by Gamma_chi on 11/18/2014
0 link
babelfishwars
babelfishwars
Administrator

11/18/2014
Gamma_chi wrote:
Does anyone know how the decisions in Last Court import into Keep and DA:I? I'd like to do another run, this one completely disastrous, but I'd rather that not import into the 'good' world state, if that's possible?
edited by Gamma_chi on 11/18/2014

They don't (at least, not into DA:I). :-)

--
Note: Not as grumpy as sounds. Loves arguing. Doesn't actually hate you.
"Ever-Spockean"
Mars, God of Fish; Leaning Tower of Fish
http://fallenlondon.storynexus.com/Profile/Moomin
0 link
Owen Wulf
Owen Wulf

11/18/2014
Would be awesome if we could visit Serault in a DLC. Perhaps someone has opened a Breach in it's forests, the Marquis is missing and the Horned Knight is waging all out war against the demons with his army of animals and spirits? There is the complaint that Inquisition is devoid of any large towns and this would be a chance to remedy that. But the folks at Bioware would have to think it worth their time first...

--
0 link
Passionario
Passionario

11/18/2014
A small realm in the remote corner of the world, populated by plucky peasants and squabbling nobles, with monsters and brigands lurking in the woods and the shadow of the ancestors always hanging over your shoulder...

Now why does that sounds familiar?

--
If you are not the flame, you're the fuel.
+7 link
Chris Gardiner
Chris Gardiner
Administrator

11/18/2014
All the likes.
+2 link
Brackenfish
Brackenfish

11/19/2014
Kickstart a full Dragon Pass-alike after Sunless Sea is done, maybe?

[spoiler]
Having wrapped up the game, the Horned King storyline is still the bestest. None of the choices feel 100% right, and you're always making some sort of sacrifice. I also read a lot of subtext into his desire to be treated as the Marquis' equal, figuring he felt abandoned by the Shame and denied the same recognition as the human descendants, so I was set on bringing him into the fold to truly make up for Serault's past.

Except...no? Maybe (probably) that's a larger narrative and mechanical undertaking than I realize. Considering all the options you get to spectacularly botch things, though, I would've liked more real payoff to the game's finest arc.[/spoiler]
0 link
Fhoenix
Fhoenix

11/19/2014
Somebody has won the internet today)

--
My Character
0 link
Owen Wulf
Owen Wulf

11/20/2014
I was wondering, if I got a new Market Day card draw but I sit on it for an entire day will the new Market Day trigger soon after or 24 hours after I made the original draw?

--
0 link
Fhoenix
Fhoenix

11/21/2014
Hard to say. At the very least staying in tutorial, I think, does not help. Second market day happens 24 hours after you start the game, not 24 hours after the first. So probably not using your Market Day will not stall the next one too.

Not that you need the added time. I have 27/15/15 of secrets/trophies/viands, max freedom/prosperity/dignity, 60-70 in all stats and one more day to go. At this point I am too lazy to even draw cards.

--
My Character
0 link
NiteBrite
NiteBrite

11/21/2014
Mechanically, the way I see it is starting the game enrolls you in a living storylet much like time the healer. When you play a market days cards, the game notes this with an invisible Market Days are advancing quality. If you don't play a market day card, you don't gain the quality. Every 24 hours time the healer triggers to check if you have the advancement quality. If not nothing happens, but of you do, then it sets market days -1 from their current value (until it ticks down to the end and triggers Must which is basically a menace state for having below X value of market days). After ticking down market days it sets your market days are advancing quality to 0 again so that you won't have it when it checks again unless you play a new market day card. Market day cards are unlocked by having market days are advancing at 0, so you can only draw market days cards at that time (ubiquitous/priority frequency cards basically). If you think of it like that, in terms of tth checking your qualities then you know it always fires at the same time of day regardless of when in the day you play your market days card.

--
I AM currently accepting calling cards.
Stats loss counter: reset, irrigo equivalent: none
[00:34] <@ortab> NiteBrite's laugh is that of a condemned soul gazing into the abyss.
Merciless Modiste avatar by Paul Arendt (based on an original image by Joe England)
http://fallenlondon.storynexus.com/Profile/TheBriteModiste
- Pixeldoll Mrs Brite by LadyRosaline
0 link
Fhoenix
Fhoenix

11/21/2014
Finished. I bungled the last rulership check with the Green Knight and all my diplomacy with him came for nothing. Damn it. Otherwise the best ending. Was anybody audacious enough to let him present the gift?

--
My Character
0 link
Owen Wulf
Owen Wulf

11/21/2014
Fhoenix wrote:
Finished. I bungled the last rulership check with the Green Knight and all my diplomacy with him came for nothing. Damn it. Otherwise the best ending. Was anybody audacious enough to let him present the gift?

The word is that doing so will abruptly end the game (for understandable reasons).

--
0 link
Drakov
Drakov

11/25/2014
He tries to present a gift but the guards instantly stop him because he is obviously a blight creature, the Empress runs off, all you previous attempt were for nothing (all favors to zero), the feast is a total failure but for the bards it becomes legendary, they make a couple of songs of it and you think that it totally worth it! wink
0 link

"Many" Chin

12/5/2014
Passionario wrote:
A small realm in the remote corner of the world, populated by plucky peasants and squabbling nobles, with monsters and brigands lurking in the woods and the shadow of the ancestors always hanging over your shoulder...

Now why does that sounds familiar?

i always thought KOTDP had similar game mechanics to fallen london, minus the endings and the tribe management.

--
"My little China girl/You shouldn't mess with me/I'll ruin everything you are/I'll give you television/I'll give you eyes of blue/I'll give you man who wants to rule the world"
- The Goblin King.
0 link
Felix Merivel
Felix Merivel

12/16/2014
Does anyone know what causes the Market days to "stuck"? It has been weeks since my last login and no new market day...

--
Felix Merivel, an absent-minded soulless bastard. Frequent lodger in New Newgate.
All manner of social interactions welcome. Even cats. I do so love cats.
http://fallenlondon.storynexus.com/Profile/Felix~Merivel
0 link