Powered by Jitbit .Net Forum free trial version.

"Many" Chin

11/14/2014
^ pray tell, are there other lovers available in the game? i already have a guildmistress as a counselor ,and would like to keep it that way

--
"My little China girl/You shouldn't mess with me/I'll ruin everything you are/I'll give you television/I'll give you eyes of blue/I'll give you man who wants to rule the world"
- The Goblin King.
0 link
Fhoenix
Fhoenix

11/14/2014
Wiki says The Elegant Abbess is a potential Lover. But you would probably have to make her your councilor first. Meaning you will lose guild-mistress. I say just make her your lover.

The menaces are super easy to manage. But I am having trouble raising Prosperity/Dignity.

Is there any point to gaining favor with people you do not plan to employ? I spent a lot of resources on favor and now I am regretting it, since usually to spent favor you need to employ them.

I want to go into the forest but my fighting/tracking is abysmal. What should a scholar focus on? Breaking into the chantry?

Pig-scholar is annoying. I like her, but I don't need a boost to Scholarship, so I don't want to hire her. And her only other option is a Cunning check which I always fail and lose dignity...

Oh and the game has beautiful atmosphere and themes. Ruling a city of glass-makers is a delight. Now if only I could go mad, become an apostate and contact my Fingerking associates from the other side of the glass. My life would be complete!

Now that I think about it. We don't know what's on the other side of Eluvian. Could be Parabola!

--
My Character
+3 link
Playersideblog
Playersideblog

11/14/2014
I'm trying to remember what the Prosperity/Dignity raisers are...at this point, I've found it rather trivial to manage menaces, get bonuses, and grind for good stuff. I've hit 100 Freedom at least once, 100 Prosperity more than once, and 100 Dignity a time or two. Generally, I make a point of noticing which stats I can max out. And you start to memorize some of the branches. Hmm...

The best option, I think, is to start earning clues so that you can power-level your stats, especially Rulership and Woods-wise and Derring-do.

--
My profile

I am now a Correspondent, and no longer able to accept invitations as an Author. (Or so I believe.)
0 link
Owen Wulf
Owen Wulf

11/14/2014
Fhoenix wrote:

Is there any point to gaining favor with people you do not plan to employ? I spent a lot of resources on favor and now I am regretting it, since usually to spent favor you need to employ them.

Spare favors are indeed worthless unless the person in question is a counselor, bodyguard, accomplice or lover. The Abbess actually offers two different benefits for her favors depending on whether she is your lover (Scholarship Boost + Restored Health) or your counselor (Viands for the Divine).

Honestly, I find the Purveyor of Tea's card annoying because I keep getting Rumors of Revolution and I am trying to make everything peachy before the Divine shows up. His Favor is also annoying to garner because it comes at the cost of 5 Authority and also gives +20 to Revolution and Peril.

----
edited by Owen Wulf on 11/14/2014

--
Owen Wulf's Profile Lanzo Hoffman’s Profile Lukas Uller’s Profile
0 link
Fhoenix
Fhoenix

11/14/2014
I found good options to increase Prosperity/Dignity. It's just that a lot of things drain them. But I am getting the hang of it.
I think I have a plan for filling all positions. Abbess first. Guild-mistress second. Outlaw third. Hunter last. A pity you can't seem to romance the Farmer girl. Counselor position is just too important to waste it on another scholarship boost.

I am thinking of raising my Twilight to 100 and keeping it there, since it seems to be the closest I can get to going apostate. The game sadly seems to lack Nightmares/Terror, so I can not go mad. Is it really a proper Failbetter game without them? I call NiteBrite's judgement into question.

And yeah, the disconnect bug got to me too and I lost some text to it. I even reloaded the page, thinking to refresh it, but still got a disconnect from paying an option just after reloading. I am thinking this may be related to dragon age keep, since I don't remember seeing such errors in Nexus games.

"Rulership is increasing....." not telling you how much it increases rubs me the wrong way too. But basically I resigned myself to ignore all training exp and raising stats with clues.
edited by Fhoenix on 11/14/2014

--
My Character
0 link
NiteBrite
NiteBrite

11/15/2014
[spoiler]Oh man, I think the Chanters little poems (there are a few) during hunting are my current favorite thing. Especially Threnodies 8. If you've seen Threnodies 8 and you are on these forums, then you probably can guess at a glance why I like it haha.[/spoiler]
edited by NiteBrite on 11/15/2014

--
I AM currently accepting calling cards.
Stats loss counter: reset, irrigo equivalent: none
[00:34] <@ortab> NiteBrite's laugh is that of a condemned soul gazing into the abyss.
Merciless Modiste avatar by Paul Arendt (based on an original image by Joe England)
http://fallenlondon.storynexus.com/Profile/TheBriteModiste
+2 link
Helen Demeter
Helen Demeter

11/15/2014
Hunting is the most difficult for me at the moment because my Wood Wise is abysmal and the Silent Hunter doesn't come up a lot for me. Which is distressing because something plot important came up for me and I need hunting to finish this bit.

--
Helen Demeter, the Bohemian Beauty | Andrea Weaver-Well, the Scarred Operative.
Has finally returned after an unexpected hiatus. Please mind the dust but do not that I'm now open to all social actions and invitations.
0 link
Inky Petrel
Inky Petrel

11/15/2014
Just wanted to say that this is SPLENDID and I love it! I hope there are more Bioware/Failbetter projects in the future. Poor Serault is ... it's not doing well under my haphazard rule, but I'm having a ball Big Grin

Edited because I overuse emotes.
edited by Inky Petrel on 11/15/2014

--
Re: Fallen London, please don't invite me to things or send me things, I'm only on occasionally, so you will waste your candle smile Thank you.
0 link
Passionario
Passionario

11/15/2014
Edit: All shall be well and all shall be well.
edited by Passionario on 11/15/2014

--
Passionario: Profile, Story, Ending
Passion: Profile
0 link
Owen Wulf
Owen Wulf

11/15/2014
Well, I just entertained the Divine and her massive entourage in my court today. Besides an anti-climatic ending to the Horned Knight's story I was otherwise delighted by the event. There are certainly a few things I would do differently in a second playthrough but for now I will just relax and rest on my laurels.

If anyone is interested in the mechanics for the endgame of The Last Court feel free to pm with questions.

----
edited by Owen Wulf on 11/15/2014

--
0 link
MidnightVoyager
MidnightVoyager

11/15/2014
Owen Wulf wrote:
Well, I just entertained the Divine and her massive entourage in my court today. Besides an anti-climatic ending to the Horned Knight's story I was otherwise delighted by the event. There are certainly a few things I would do differently in a second playthrough but for now I will just relax and rest on my laurels.

If anyone is interested in the mechanics for the endgame of The Last Court feel free to pm with questions.

----
edited by Owen Wulf on 11/15/2014

You can definitely get a more climactic ending if you like.

It isn't a "good" one, but it's more climactic!

--
Midnight Voyager - A blood-cousin to predators. Collector of beasts. Affably mad.
+1 link
Owen Wulf
Owen Wulf

11/16/2014
Too true smile

--
0 link

"Many" Chin

11/16/2014
replaying as a huntress instead of a scholar. seems that the bard can be your lover while playing as the huntress.

--
"My little China girl/You shouldn't mess with me/I'll ruin everything you are/I'll give you television/I'll give you eyes of blue/I'll give you man who wants to rule the world"
- The Goblin King.
0 link
Owen Wulf
Owen Wulf

11/16/2014
"Many" Chin wrote:
replaying as a huntress instead of a scholar. seems that the bard can be your lover while playing as the huntress.

He can be your lover as the Scholar too, this is a Bioware game after all.

---
edited by Owen Wulf on 11/16/2014

--
0 link

"Many" Chin

11/16/2014
Owen Wulf wrote:
"Many" Chin wrote:

He can be your lover as the Scholar too, this is a Bioware game after all.

---

really? i thought he was only available as a counsellor when i was playing the scholar

--
- The Goblin King.
0 link
Owen Wulf
Owen Wulf

11/16/2014
He was never available as a Counselor, only as a Lover.

---

--
0 link

"Many" Chin

11/16/2014
the cheery baron is more harder to recruit than i thought. i have to keep my freedom below 10. sometimes impossible to do without discarding cards. [spoiler] intend to use him to hunt that zombie bear. haven't tried that as a scholar, though i've hunted a wyern(sp?).

endgame spoiler:
not sure if i should post this but useful warning of sorts...
1) if you invited the Horned Knight/Lord to the feast, there's a chance you could lower your favour with the divine

2) forcing open the chantry in early game seems to open up an option for an instant gameover(i think so. i didn't dare pick that choice), the other options seem to lower your favour with the divine.

[/spoiler]
edited by rebelanarch-82 on 11/16/2014

--
- The Goblin King.
0 link
Fhoenix
Fhoenix

11/17/2014
I am trying to open the chapel and I've failed a 57% check 7 times in a row. I am down to 1 health. HALP @_@
Edit: passed on the ninth try. This was an amazing RNG fail of failure.
edited by Fhoenix on 11/17/2014

--
My Character
0 link
MidnightVoyager
MidnightVoyager

11/17/2014
I am getting frustrated at it logging me out at random. It often cuts off stuff like, say, story text so I can't ever see it again because it was only visible for a few seconds.

On THAT note, does anyone have the text for [spoiler]restoring the bard as your lover after rescuing him?[/spoiler] Because it decided to let me go through with two actions before it told me I was logged out, so I thought I was safe. Though I was clearly not.

--
Midnight Voyager - A blood-cousin to predators. Collector of beasts. Affably mad.
0 link
Fhoenix
Fhoenix

11/17/2014
I did the opposite
[spoiler]let the bard work for the Green Knight[/spoiler]
and lost the text for that to a timeout too. I get several timeouts per day. This is really annoying(
edited by Fhoenix on 11/17/2014

--
My Character
0 link