Powered by Jitbit .Net Forum free trial version.
Passionario
Passionario

11/10/2014
It's been over 30 hours and the second Market Day is nowhere in sight. upset

--
This is my profile and this is my light.
These are my words to the merciful night.
0 link
yetanotherone
yetanotherone

11/10/2014
Passionario wrote:
It's been over 30 hours and the second Market Day is nowhere in sight. upset

It will come. Took me much longer than the alleged 24 hours too (got in early with this), but as far as I can tell, that's an advantage.

Assuming everything ends after 7 markets, and the quality of ending depends on how many secrets/trophies/viands you accrue, then more turns in between to gain resources (and keep the troublesome peasants & bandits under control) is better.
edited by yetanotherone on 11/10/2014

--
http://fallenlondon.storynexus.com/Profile/AncientDrunkard
http://fallenlondon.storynexus.com/Profile/ModernDrunkard
0 link

"Many" Chin

11/10/2014
so i opened up the forbidden chateau and found a secret shame... then i welcomed her into my court.... having an extra mage in my court isn't that bad issit? right?

now all i have to do is raise my menances, and see what delicious rewarding/damning options open up.

--
"My little China girl/You shouldn't mess with me/I'll ruin everything you are/I'll give you television/I'll give you eyes of blue/I'll give you man who wants to rule the world"
- The Goblin King.
0 link
NiteBrite
NiteBrite

11/10/2014
Its not as extreme as I may have made it sound. This game is very light/gentle compared to something like fallen london. So I wouldn't expect to run into anything approaching hard-core seeking. Like, I am pretty sure you can brute-force the chantry within your first 20 actions if you really wanted to. It is a very forgiving game overall. I just liked the thematic parallels.

Keep in mind this game was written to for a different kind of audience, one which probably isn't too familiar with this play style and model of game. That and it's meant to be a complete run in just Seven days. So it cant be too punishing like a game that is meant to be played on a longer time scale of several years otherwise you'd never get the good end.

And I really hope to learn more about this The Shame guy before my current run ends.
[spoiler]He visited me in a dream even. A dream, man this makes me yearn for eaten stuff more and more.[/spoiler]
edited by NiteBrite on 11/10/2014

--
I AM currently accepting calling cards.
Stats loss counter: reset, irrigo equivalent: none
[00:34] <@ortab> NiteBrite's laugh is that of a condemned soul gazing into the abyss.
Merciless Modiste avatar by Paul Arendt (based on an original image by Joe England)
http://fallenlondon.storynexus.com/Profile/TheBriteModiste
- Pixeldoll Mrs Brite by LadyRosaline
0 link
Lumyire
Lumyire

11/10/2014
Loving this. In FL I'm at the grinding point where new content isn't near reach, and this spiffy new game is awesome. The menaces are nowhere near as bad as FL, I've got Peril and Rumors to 100 without actually seeing the menace card. Only got an actual menace when I got Freedom down to 0, and that went away quickly.

Only question is, I've gathered Elfroot from the forest, which is supposed to give me health when consumed. I haven't found the choice to do that anywhere...

--
http://fallenlondon.storynexus.com/Profile/Lumyire
0 link
narcissus_echo
narcissus_echo

11/10/2014
Oh no, I want it.

When I try to sign in, it tells me it's only available for beta testers. Bug, or have I missed the boat?

--
a Shiny Pleasant Person who's not often covered in blood
and the Second-Most Hedonistic Individual in London.
DeepDarkMarvellous.
0 link
NiteBrite
NiteBrite

11/10/2014
You haven't missed it! Direct links give that beta tester error message sometimes for some reason, but Last Court definitely accessible from the keep website. I'm not 100% certain on this, but I think you have to login to Dragon Age Keep at least once and set up an account there before you can direct link to Last Court. The keep isn't supported by my mobile though. However the link from fbg Twitter seems to work on mobile.

Mobile users can try to login here: https://lastcourt.dragonagekeep.com/s

--
I AM currently accepting calling cards.
Stats loss counter: reset, irrigo equivalent: none
[00:34] <@ortab> NiteBrite's laugh is that of a condemned soul gazing into the abyss.
Merciless Modiste avatar by Paul Arendt (based on an original image by Joe England)
http://fallenlondon.storynexus.com/Profile/TheBriteModiste
- Pixeldoll Mrs Brite by LadyRosaline
0 link
Brackenfish
Brackenfish

11/11/2014
Playing the game seems to require an account with Dragon Age Keep, which itself requires navigating a bunch of menus about games the player may not actually own. It's understandable that Bioware is positioning Last Court as a way to push the Dragon Age brand, but that is an odd, clunky speed bump.

Enough about that, though. There's a palpable respect here for an established fictional world, but in a style that is very Failbetterish. Meaningful agency is present a whole lot sooner than it was in FL, and even the basic grind (improve kingdom, get reward items) is satisfying. So, good stuff! Looking forward to seeing how many different ways the story can pan out.
edited by Brackenfish on 11/11/2014
+1 link
Passionario
Passionario

11/11/2014
I found myself going to the woods *more* often after becoming Unwelcome.

--
This is my profile and this is my light.
These are my words to the merciful night.
+1 link

"Many" Chin

11/11/2014
NiteBrite wrote:
Its not as extreme as I may have made it sound. This game is very light/gentle compared to something like fallen london. So I wouldn't expect to run into anything approaching hard-core seeking. Like, I am pretty sure you can brute-force the chantry within your first 20 actions if you really wanted to. It is a very forgiving game overall. I just liked the thematic parallels.

Keep in mind this game was written to for a different kind of audience, one which probably isn't too familiar with this play style and model of game. That and it's meant to be a complete run in just Seven days. So it cant be too punishing like a game that is meant to be played on a longer time scale of several years otherwise you'd never get the good end...

so far, i think i already have enough secrets to get a good ending. i think...

the game mechanics seem to require you to balance Prosperity, Freedom, and Dignity for best rewards and to open up most options. other than keeping your health up, you need to keep any 2 of the above qualities above 0 to avoid a gameover. in that sense, it is a bit harder than fallen london, where death/other menances really just slow you down.

--
"My little China girl/You shouldn't mess with me/I'll ruin everything you are/I'll give you television/I'll give you eyes of blue/I'll give you man who wants to rule the world"
- The Goblin King.
0 link
Playersideblog
Playersideblog

11/11/2014
Ah, now, the Horned Knight story, that is something interesting! I like this game a bit better now.

The mechanics of the game are basically about shifting menaces. You can trade one stat to modify another (such as losing 10 points of Prosperity to lose 10 points of Peril), or you can succeed at a stat-based challenge to get a better deal. It's the latter option which gives you more overall power or so.

Also wondering about the Elfroot...

--
My profile

I am now a Correspondent, and no longer able to accept invitations as an Author. (Or so I believe.)
0 link
friendshipranger
friendshipranger

11/11/2014
Chris Gardiner wrote:
Dragon Age: The Last Court, our collaboration with Bioware, is now live and available to play on the Dragon Age Keep! Sign in here, and you'll find it under the menu at the top left.

Enjoy!

By the way, where do we send bug reports? Ones I've found so far:

Conclusion: the Horned Knight's Son Conclusion: the Horned Knight's Son: You granted him vengeance upon the poacher who slew his deer-son

- The tracking quality for the Horned Knight's son is working, but still shows the placeholder text in the hovertext. It lists both branches, when I think it's not supposed to.

-Session sometimes randomly expires after ten-twenty minutes of play. This wouldn't be a big deal if it didn't kick you out of the storylet you were in. I missed out on the result of hiring the Outlaw, for example.
edited by friendshipranger on 11/11/2014

--
http://fallenlondon.storynexus.com/Profile/J.L.%20Moriarty
0 link
Playersideblog
Playersideblog

11/11/2014
I think I'm finally getting the hang of it! I hit 0 Health and it wasn't as bad as I thought it would be. No indication on how to use Elfroot, however.

Also, I'm on the verge of stockpiling enough Freedom to get to my 15 Thingies needed for a good ending. We shall see what the later days hold...

--
My profile

I am now a Correspondent, and no longer able to accept invitations as an Author. (Or so I believe.)
+1 link
Brackenfish
Brackenfish

11/12/2014
The Exacting Culinarian won't serve your Elfroot without a proper hollandaise sauce, which costs seventy seven viands. Or, the option to use it got lost in the shuffle.

The Horned Knight stuff is awesome! I'm totally sure all the compromises I'm making in the name of coexistence aren't going to blow up in my face, ever.
+2 link

"Many" Chin

11/12/2014
just rescued my bard

[spoiler]from the horny lord. took me 3 tries. realised i couldn't progress fast enough (before the hours run out)if i didn't go deeper into the woods.

the lord of the woods sure is flippant. first he kidnaps my bard, now he invites me to a feast... where he restores my health, gives me juicey secrets(my "shame" created him through some bloody ritual? wot?!?), and increases my skills! i invited him to a feast of my own... i'm guessing this choice will cost me much.[/spoiler]

===

btw, i waited 2 days for a market day, and then it gave me another market day within a few hours. weird bug
edited by rebelanarch-82 on 11/12/2014
Edit: please tag spoilers.
edited by Flyte on 11/12/2014

--
- The Goblin King.
0 link
Owen Wulf
Owen Wulf

11/12/2014
Don't put spoilers out in the open please.

--
Owen Wulf's Profile Lanzo Hoffman’s Profile Lukas Uller’s Profile
+2 link

"Many" Chin

11/12/2014
apology for spoiler. i thought i was being vague enough. anyway, looks like i can't log in again. ea.com website is down a while ago??

right now, i'm maxing out my menances every now and then, and all the ways to reduce it either cost lots of resources but only reduce it a bit. and the options to reduce them a lot require a very difficult stat challenge. but the options that require a high menance do give a good amount of clues.

--
- The Goblin King.
0 link
Chris Gardiner
Chris Gardiner
Administrator

11/12/2014
"Many" Chin wrote:
apology for spoiler. i thought i was being vague enough. anyway, looks like i can't log in again. ea.com website is down a while ago??

The Dragon Age Keep was down for maintenance, but it should be back up now.
+1 link
icarussc
icarussc

11/13/2014
So there's a note on the Elegant Abbess that you can seek solace if she's your lover ... but no idea how to take her as a lover? Does this only come up in a specific story chain?

I love this game, by the way.
0 link
Owen Wulf
Owen Wulf

11/13/2014
icarussc wrote:
So there's a note on the Elegant Abbess that you can seek solace if she's your lover ... but no idea how to take her as a lover? Does this only come up in a specific story chain?

I love this game, by the way.

You can take her as a Lover after you make her your counselor provided you have 2(3?) Authority and a reasonably high Dignity rating at the time. This is troublesome early on since getting a counselor with a permanent +20 to Rulership is vital but must be done after the Abbess has become your Lover.

---
edited by Owen Wulf on 11/13/2014

--
Owen Wulf's Profile Lanzo Hoffman’s Profile Lukas Uller’s Profile
0 link