Powered by Jitbit .Net Forum free trial version.

HomeFallen London » Mr Pages’ Fabularities

“An archive of things that never happened”. An in-character forum for fanfiction and roleplaying. Beware - spoilers abound!

Forum game: Ask the character! Messages in this topic - RSS

Siankan
Siankan

11/11/2018
Jeremiah Oathes wrote:
What is your characters' stance on the Liberation of the Night?

Prof. Kan: To quote someone not yet born, it is only evil that knows no boundaries.

Also, my mother would backhand you to Wisdom if you were so unwise to suggest she is or could be "kept on a leash."

Sig. del Norte: That depends on what I can get out of them today.
But to the purpose: Morelways, Broken Giant, or Greyfields first sporing? Vintage of your choosing.
edited by Siankan on 11/11/2018

--
Prof. Sian Kan, at your service.
0 link
Eli-Lilly
Eli-Lilly

11/11/2018
Siankan wrote:

But to the purpose: Morelways, Broken Giant, or Greyfields first sporing? Vintage of your choosing.
edited by Siankan on 11/11/2018

... I do not drink often, but I prefer the slightly sweeter drinks if that is sufficent.

Question: What do you aspire to do here in London?

--
All sincere and like-minded are welcome to my parlour
(will gladly help) (NO SMEN for me please!)
https://www.fallenlondon.com/profile/Eli-Lilly
0 link
Jeremiah Oathes
Jeremiah Oathes

11/11/2018
Siankan wrote:
Also, my mother would backhand you to Wisdom if you were so unwise to suggest she is or could be "kept on a leash."

Oh, the "leash" was meant exclusively as a social metaphor. Of course no literal leash, we are no barbarians, are we?
But you surely do remember the times on the surface? London has had quite the societal revolution in just a few decades under ground. Women's suffrage? I don't believe we would have that right now if we were still up there. And most countries still have not. A woman as mayor? On the surface? You surely must be kidding!
So your esteemed mother should remember very well these times where most of her life was confined to the Drawing Room.

Eli-Lilly wrote:
Question: What do you aspire to do here in London?

Getting to the bottom of certain mysteries, like who and what exactly are the Masters and the Bazaar? What are the Lorn-Flukes? What's up with Death and what has the Mountain of Light to do with it? Why does everyone want to go North? And of course countless others that come up along the way.

The other side of him tries to settle down and live a cozy and placid family life. A little consulting business on the side, maybe.
But with all that's going on in the Neath that seems easier said than done.

Question
Since we are already half-way there: What does your character think of traditional Victorian morals and values?
edited by Jeremiah Oathes on 11/11/2018

--
Dr Jeremiah Oathes - Natural Philosopher, Alchemist and Anatomist (part-time). Occasionally in Service to the Crown and the Bazaar. Would like to dissect a Master (for science and mad laughter).
0 link
Eli-Lilly
Eli-Lilly

11/11/2018
What I think of our morals and values? Well, some are agreeable, some are revolting and some are weird.

My question, who was the first person you met when you came here?
edited by Eli-Lilly on 11/11/2018
edited by Eli-Lilly on 12/16/2018

--
0 link
Honeyaddict
Honeyaddict

1/4/2019
Eli-Lilly wrote:

My question, who was the first person you met when you came here?

I am unable to recall who was the first player I met in the game, but I RP-wise the first person I met was the man in the cell across me when I arrived and they threw me in New Newgate.

Now for my question... What is your preferred way of temporarily dying here in the Neath? (duel, poison, autopsy etc)

--
Honeyaddict, Scarlet Saint, Paramount Presence
pleasure to meet you.

Has some strange ideas the Masters probably won't approve of like some items and establishing a Colony in Parabola.

I will accept most social interactions. I do enjoy role playing as well.
I will not accept the Photographer or dupes, if you dupe me I will not accept other help requests from you, at most Calligula's or keeping watch over a certain building.
0 link
Azothi
Azothi

1/4/2019
Honeyaddict wrote:

Now for my question... What is your preferred way of temporarily dying here in the Neath? (duel, poison, autopsy etc)
Wounds of an eldritch nature - the divine stigmata, if you prefer. The first time my character died was from a sacramental beer brewed with corn. It was an altogether unceremonious and pitiful way to go. It's the turning point in her characterization, really, since so much of her character was built on a longing for the Surface and the world above. Take that away, and there are important questions to be asked. She still prefers to avoid temporary death, though - old habits die hard.

Question: What is your favorite urchin gang in Fallen London (that's not the Ringbreakers)?

--
Azoth I, the Amaranthine Wanderer - Midnighter - A Paramount Presence (not currently accepting new Proteges)
Away to where the Chain cannot bind us.
Are you seeking a taste of the Cider? Send me a request in-game. Read an_ocelot's guide to find out how.
0 link
Eli-Lilly
Eli-Lilly

1/4/2019
Azothi wrote:
Question: What is your favorite urchin gang in Fallen London (that's not the Ringbreakers)?

How do I even choose? All of them are so nice! So if am allowed, I would say all of them. But if not, then my favorite must be the fisher kings, they are one of the nicer gangs.

Question: What is your preferred past-time down here, or in general?

--
0 link
Lord Gazter
Lord Gazter

1/4/2019
Eli-Lilly wrote:
Question: What is your preferred past time down here or in general?

"An excellent question. There are so many wonders that the Neath holds that one may experience regularly, and yet there are many things that do not change if one is on the surface or in the neath. Of course my own preferred past-time would certainly be an interesting conversation over some fine wine, or instead perhaps a taste of prisoner's honey. Either of those are excellent ways of keeping oneself from falling into boredom and idleness."

--
Lord Gazter: a genial and charming gentleman of noble birth.

Victoria Crow: a spirited la.. young woman and an expert troublemaker.

Get a copy of the Phlegethonian Gazette for pertinent and trustworthy news! Only five pence!
0 link
Six Handed Merchant
Six Handed Merchant

1/5/2019
Eli-Lilly wrote:
Question: What is your preferred past-time down here, or in general?

"Well, solving mysteries of course! Although that is already my day job, so as a past-time I would have to say...having an affectionate tryst with one of my many interesting lovers. Preferably while on prisoner's honey.

"And for my question: If you could, without any danger to yourself nor fear of the consequences, take anyone (or anything) to be your loving spouse, who or what would you yearn to be with?"

edited by Six Handed Merchant on 1/5/2019

--
The Six Handed Merchant: Private detective, good samaritan, scandalous social progressive, Soul Shepherd with the CVR, orphanage patron/matron, Correspondent, Nocturnal Bohemian, labor union backer, rumored Communist, radical academic, truth seeker, free thinker, spider whisperer, honey-dreaming hedonist, sensual lover, Extraordinary Mind. If it's truth you seek, The Six Handed Merchant is the gentlemen-, er, lady-, er, detective you need! Just pay no mind to that Eradication Officer tailing Six: that poor fellow is simply out of his mind!

Six's Mantlepiece (I am available for roleplaying and SAs. My schedule is pretty full, so please PM me first to work out the details.)
0 link
Jeremiah Oathes
Jeremiah Oathes

1/5/2019
Six Handed Merchant wrote:
"And for my question: If you could, without any danger to yourself nor fear of the consequences, take anyone (or anything) to be your loving spouse, who or what would you yearn to be with?"

"Answering for a friend": The Captivating Princess, without any doubt. On the other hand, without the danger it wouldn't be the full experience.
But if I had the possibility to marry a second time after that, I would surely pick the Bazaar. That would be interesting! (at the least)

What is your perception of the Rubbery Men? Especially if you know their "secret".

--
Dr Jeremiah Oathes - Natural Philosopher, Alchemist and Anatomist (part-time). Occasionally in Service to the Crown and the Bazaar. Would like to dissect a Master (for science and mad laughter).
0 link
Slyblue
Slyblue

1/6/2019
Jeremiah Oathes wrote:

What is your perception of the Rubbery Men? Especially if you know their "secret".

Why, they are positively adorable, are they not? Certainly, some people take, oh, a perverse joy in making their lives miserable - Well, that is to say, more miserable than they already are -, but unless the unslightly stains on the cobblestones happen to ruin the hem of your dress, I'm sure we can all agree that their very existence provides a very charming spectacle. Does it not?

Questions, questions...Tell me, my dear - What is the mark of a true Londoner?

--
The Story-Teller The Curt Licentiate The Dreamless One

"For hearts of truest mettle, absence doth join and Time doth settle."
0 link
Lady Sapho Byron
Lady Sapho Byron

1/7/2019
Slyblue wrote:

Questions, questions...Tell me, my dear - What is the mark of a true Londoner?

Grinding.

Question: When you spend time with your Noman, what do you do?

--
http://fallenlondon.com/Profile/Lady%20Sapho%20L%20Byron
Fighting the Menace of Corsetry Since 1892.
+4 link
Eli-Lilly
Eli-Lilly

1/7/2019
Lady Sapho Byron wrote:

Question: When you spend time with your Noman, what do you do?

A Noman? I have never spent time with one,but from what I gather their life is short. I guess that I would take care of them, play games, teach it kindness and what it means to be happy and alive. A short life is still worth living after all.

Question:
If you are from the surface: How old where you when you learned of the neath?
If you are from the neath: How old where you when you learned of the surface?

--
0 link
Smiling King
Smiling King

1/7/2019
Eli-Lilly wrote:

Question:
If you are from the surface: How old where you when you learned of the neath?
If you are from the neath: How old where you when you learned of the surface?

Truthfully, I am from neither. I learned about both after my seventeenth exile. Truly, can't the usurper find an ACTUAL prison?

Question: If you have been down here long enough to die multiple times, which one of your deaths would you find most embarrassing?

--
[https://www.fallenlondon.com/profile/The%20Smiling%20King]The Smiling King[/https://www.fallenlondon.com/profile/The%20Smiling%20King] ~ The throne will be mine again. I simply have to wait for the usurper's kingdom to crumble.
0 link
Addis Rook
Addis Rook

1/17/2019
Smiling King wrote:

Question: If you have been down here long enough to die multiple times, which one of your deaths would you find most embarrassing?

Being stuck in Hell and trying to use red honey to escape, only to discover that my ride out was in the Iron Republic.

If anyone I knew saw me now, they'd probably be just busy enough laughing to give me an opening to lobotomize them.

...Silver linings.

Do you think the loneliness of the human condition is a good or bad thing? Do humans need a certain amount of isolation, or would humanity be better off connected and able to share their thoughts and feelings directly with each other?
edited by Addis Rook on 1/17/2019
0 link
Jack Crow
Jack Crow

1/18/2019
Smiling King wrote:

Do you think the loneliness of the human condition is a good or bad thing? Do humans need a certain amount of isolation, or would humanity be better off connected and able to share their thoughts and feelings directly with each other?
edited by Addis Rook on 1/17/2019

I think that the loneliness of the human condition is a good thing. As we have evidence that the Masters could read our thoughts and/or have the ability to extract those thoughts.
I don't think that the ability to access everyone mind is a good idea. human is a creature with minds that can be manipulated and disgust other people, and gaining unlimited access will make it worse

What is your thought on Hunter keep? Do you like the sisters? if not, what you think would be a good replacement?
edited by Jack Crow on 1/18/2019

--
Jack Crow. Professor, Hunter. Will accept most social interactions, including cat in a box. https://www.fallenlondon.com/profile/Jack%20Dead%20Crow
0 link
Siankan
Siankan

1/18/2019
Jack Crow wrote:
What is your thought on Hunter keep? Do you like the sisters? if not, what you think would be a good replacement?

Replacement? You aren't intending to evict them from their own home, are you?

Anyway, they're delightful young women. A bit too interested in love stories and Gothic horror for safety, down here, but so far nothing untoward has occurred. I am still unsure what to make of the wait staff.

How will you end? The Surface? The Sanatorium? Or wings?

--
Prof. Sian Kan, at your service.
+1 link
Sir Wensleydale of Hardwick
Sir Wensleydale of Hardwick

1/19/2019
Siankan wrote:
Jack Crow wrote:

How will you end? The Surface? The Sanatorium? Or wings?

All I know is, there's a darkness in my future.

What was your first zee trip? Exile counts.

--
Sir Wensleydale of Hardwick-A Legendary Charisma. Also shrouded, terrible, and focused.
Ambition: Light Fingers!
(TtH: ~6 PM Central Standard Time Mondays)

Mr Netae- SEEKING MR EATEN'S NAME

~
Sir Wensleydale of Hardwick/Liam Moulton
A Self-Proclaimed Scholar of the Avid Horizon.
My first two studies involving the madness: "Candles at Christmas" and "One Need Not Go North".

Founder of the Grandmaster Club.

Always up for RP.
0 link
Azothi
Azothi

1/19/2019
Sir Wensleydale of Hardwick wrote:
What was your first zee trip? Exile counts.
For my character, I retconned in a tenure on the zee taking place in their early time in the Neath, so the answer there is Venderbight. Their first trip in Fallen London is almost certainly exile. Their first trip on their own ship was, looking back through my echoes, probably to Polythreme for Jack-of-Smiles.

Question: What is your stance on the Liberation of Night?

--
Azoth I, the Amaranthine Wanderer - Midnighter - A Paramount Presence (not currently accepting new Proteges)
Away to where the Chain cannot bind us.
Are you seeking a taste of the Cider? Send me a request in-game. Read an_ocelot's guide to find out how.
0 link
AmeliaDC
AmeliaDC

1/19/2019
Azothi wrote:
Question: What is your stance on the Liberation of Night?

Discussion on that matter seems entirely the province of those who would endure the burden of a strongly held belief. Better in the interim for the liminal to remain indeterminate as regards such...a fraught circumstance.

Question: How do you prefer your mushroom prepared?
edited by AmeliaDC on 1/19/2019

--
Amelia de Crevecoeur, traveler, enthuzimuzzist
https://www.fallenlondon.com/profile/Amelia%20de%20Crevecoeur
0 link