Powered by Jitbit .Net Forum free trial version.

HomeFallen London » Mr Pages’ Fabularities

“An archive of things that never happened”. An in-character forum for fanfiction and roleplaying. Beware - spoilers abound!

Your characters' appearances? Messages in this topic - RSS

Lollerisms
Lollerisms

4/15/2017
To remember what was, as insurance against future trips to the Na-
In memory of a lost soul, given in service to Empress and Empire.

Thurman Credge
Race: Human
Age: Old enough to have seen it all, young enough to get in the thick of things.

Height: Tall. An ex-grenadier, with all the physique required for the job.
Build: Mountainous, but within the bounds of possibility.

Skin color: On the tanned side of white, from a long series of campaigns. Gradually growing paler as the years and scars pile up. Black veins are visible in the thinner areas of skin.
Eye color: Black as the dark of the zee, flecked with the grey of storms.
Hair color: Pelegin. As it turns out zee monster flesh has a lot of Pelegin in it.
Hair style: Close-cropped and trimmed in the military style.
Usual clothing: A suit, cut in the military style. He might not be part of the Army, but he’s d*** well going to look like he does! When he’s out fighting wrongdoers, being a wrongdoer, or stabbing gribbly things, a suit of Khanate plate, fashioned in the usual style.
Usual demeanor: Blunt, aggressive, and straightforward. On the Surface, Credge wasn’t known for his mastery of subtlety, but his time in the Neath has rounded him, albeit only slightly. Always willing to join a fight, and usually prepared to start one.
Voice: Baritone.

Other remarkable details: Credge is almost always at least slightly wounded, and a network of scars, both intentional and incidental, crisscrosses his body. Usually armed with a long bone harpoon which drinks the screams of those it kills.

His lodgings are registered to a nonsense pseudoname, allegedly chosen because he wasn't thinking about it at the time.
edited by Lollerisms on 4/15/2017
edited by Lollerisms on 4/15/2017

--
http://fallenlondon.storynexus.com/Profile/L0ll3risms

A Monster Hunter
+3 link
Scarlet Bronte
Scarlet Bronte

4/20/2017

Scarlet Bronte is a young lady in her early twenties, though she has passed for much younger and older when it suited her whims.
Her petite stature and soft curves paired with her often innocent demeanor give most the impression that she is a delicate little thing, though when you get to know her she is anything but.

When the sun kisses her skin, her heart-shaped face has a smattering of freckles. Since she's moved underground, her already fair skin has become almost porcelain. Her hair has similarly faded from an intense red that shone like rostygold to a deep auburn. She often wears her long, wavy hair down and wrapped around her body like a protective blanket. She often plays with it when she pretends to think no one is looking.

She knows the power of the right outfit, and prides herself on being able to dress for any occasion, whether it's hobnobbing with high society or knocking back a few pints with her Zailor acquaintances. The pride of her wardrobe is her elegant blue dress. When she dons this she knows she could charm the masters themselves into believing just about anything.

She's sometimes just a bit too clever for her own good. She prides her wit above almost all else and loves nothing more than to command a room with her quick barbs and cheeky commentary. She plays her cards close to her chest and flashes from feigned innocence to shameless flirtation at the drop of a hat. Her command of such rooms is almost always bolstered by her twinkling slate blue eyes, rosebud lips and effervescent laughter. When in polite company, she uses a light, airy voice. When she's more comfortable, her voice relaxes into a huskier tone.

When asked about her heritage, she rarely gives a straight answer, though many among society swear she is related to that one Duke or a Lady they can't quite recall but are certain is reputable. She has a soft spot for weasels, a fact that has not escaped her many suitors, which has resulted in her amassing quite the collection of furry friends. She calls this collection "The Plucky Platoon" and is more than happy to escape her societal obligations for an evening in their company. She strives to be calculated, though she is given to impulse when she sees adventure on the horizon.

--
http://fallenlondon.storynexus.com/Profile/scarlet%20bronte
+1 link
Cosette des Fleurs
Cosette des Fleurs

4/20/2017
An excerpt of a letter by Mr Sutterfield to his sister:

You asked about Mlle Cosette des Fleurs; my first impression of her was … insubstantial. Which is an unusual thing to say about a woman easily a head taller than me, but there you are. She is certainly over six feet in height, is slender as a willow sapling, and moves with feline grace. It is her colour, however, that truly made me think ‘insubstantial’—almost wraith-like is how I would describe it. Her skin is like new snow (you remember snow, don’t you?), her hair is fine and blonde and her lips are rosé. Only her eyes flash real colour, and these are almost unavoidable in their intensity of ice blue.

So much for her appearance. In conversation, her voice is a quiet contralto—very pleasing, in fact—but her topics of conversation baffle me. I must own that I had a terribly difficult time following her … there was something about the rites of Sappho; a story by Le Fanu that apparently has many fine points but also many inaccuracies and—in her words—‘une fin triste et horrible;’ and the great aesthetic pleasure derived from fine neck lines. Make of it what you will. Oh yes—and, improbable as it seems—she is something of a hunter, if my understanding is correct.

--
Mlle Cosette des Fleurs: The-Not-Entirely-Canonical Monster Hunter. Delicious roleplaying relished.
+2 link
anarchetype
anarchetype

4/20/2017
Well since i've made a new character, both for RP purposes and game purposes i'll post their appearance now too.
Name: Jimmy Casket
height: 6'1
build: Athletic
Skin color: Caucasian
eye color: red
hair color: dark brown
hair style: messy
clothing: He commonly wears a brown cloak, simple pants, and sometimes no shoes. Often covered in blood he is commonly seen carrying a knife, typically a bloody knife.
Demeanor: Jimmy is insane, and yet he does have moments of calm. Upon arriving in the neath he realized he had one goal. find the jack of smiles. Jimmy tends to stab those who get close to him, and if he's nice to you that usually means he is planning something. He'll stab anything and anyone.

--
Anarchetype: http://fallenlondon.storynexus.com/Profile/Anarchetype
My Seeker alt: http://fallenlondon.storynexus.com/Profile/Chase%20Stein
Jimmy Casket: http://fallenlondon.storynexus.com/Profile/Jimmy%20Casket
All invites are welcome. Please no seeker betrayals.
0 link
Jonathan Dunn
Jonathan Dunn

7/4/2017
Name: Jonathan Dunn
Race: Though many would call him a Devil, he's Human as Sin.
Height: 6'1.5
Build: Gangly, and he seems to be slouching even when he isn't.
Skin Color: Bone hue, although not much skin is seen.
Eye Color: There's a Diabolical fire in the void there, best not to look too closely. If the eyes are the windows to the soul, whatever is behind those windows is best avoided.
Hair color: Blacker than should be possible, although the hat hides most of it.
Hair style: Cut short by well-honed sheers, it still curls.
Clothing: He wears the suit well even though it is cut for comfort rather than style. Smoked Spectacles obscure his eyes, his scarf does little to hide his smile, and the hats he loves tend to be a bit...strange. His gloves are of curious material. Jack-of-Smiles seems to claim more victims than usual shortly before he gets a new pair.
Demeanor: Jonathan is affable, talkative, and treats his friends well. His enemies don't tend to live long after he makes them but will be treated with as much charm as they deserve.
Actions: Jonathan loves being in control and has no qualms about throwing an ally to the wolves (figurative or literal) if he'll get a better deal out of it. Power is more intoxicating than wine and pursuing it often leads to a good time. Just don't insult him. His memory is long and his reach is longer. He is currently heavily involved with London's Criminal element and Hell (residing in A Sanctum at the Brass Embassy) the Docks fear and respect him for his relationship with Mr. Fires, and he is in Society's good graces. Control isn't all in connections though, and Jonathan is amassing personal power as well.

--
Charming. Criminal. Hedonist. Well Respected Member of Society. Sympathy and Taste. Not a Man to Cross.
0 link
gronostaj
gronostaj

7/6/2017
they say a picture is worth a thousand words, so lemme just post my sketch of gronostaj (pl. ermine), alongside with a cautionary "this is your brain, this is your brain on drugs" tale. Don't do SMEN kids. You WILL inevitably decide an old salty bat in a well is more important than personal hygiene.

the current election actually stopped them like five seconds before they fell asleep clutching a certain Calling Card. They were forced to shave and dress properly and all- you can't really do a fixer's job if you look like a homeless person (which they are. thanks nightmare carnival).

They started Seeking out of hedonistic boredom and got their ass properly kicked for it. Not kicked nearly enough to learn their lesson just yet, though.

--
Gronostaj (pl. Ermine), an irresistible and lethal individual of mysterious and indistinct gender. Seeker. Willing to die- but not of boredom. Open to all social actions, including mutual murder.
+6 link
Estelle Knoht
Estelle Knoht

7/6/2017
I don't know, "Gronostaj on SMEN" looks like a B-Movie action hero.

--
Estelle Knoht, a juvenile, unreliable and respectable lady.
I currently do not accept any catbox, suppers, calling cards or proteges.
+1 link
gronostaj
gronostaj

7/7/2017
Estelle Knoht wrote:
I don't know, "Gronostaj on SMEN" looks like a B-Movie action hero.

Don't listen potential SMEN-interested kids, 'tis not a good look. Edges dangerously close to a "down-on-their-luck trash metal drummer who plays concerts for the audience of 8 people one of whom is their mom" aesthetics and you WILL get thrown out of the opera house if you show up like this

Though in this case it's all well bc the old bat probably doesn't even have eyes. They eyes are the juicy part, after all. They go, you know. Crunch.

--
Gronostaj (pl. Ermine), an irresistible and lethal individual of mysterious and indistinct gender. Seeker. Willing to die- but not of boredom. Open to all social actions, including mutual murder.
0 link
Six Handed Merchant
Six Handed Merchant

7/8/2017
The Six Handed Merchant

Race: Human?

Height: Tall and lanky; Six is very leggy.
Build: Attractive but slightly lumpy.

Skin color: A handsome light gray. Six has excellent skin: very well preserved.
Eye color: A bright gleaming red.
Hair color: Depends on the fashion of the time. When Six's roots show through, they are green.
Hair style/quality: Short, wiry, coarse, springy, and possibly writhing. Did that lock just move?! Regardless, Six's hair is always styled to match the latest, wildest, most fashionable trends.

Usual clothing style: Everything! Gowns, gloves, top hats, suits, riding boots, bejeweled sword-canes, radium goggles, you name it! Usually all at once. Six looks like they were dressed by a warring committee addled on honey. Yet remarkably, several fashion trends have somehow erupted in their wake…

Usual demeanor: Highly energetic, gregarious, and squirming from too much coffee, with eyes that take in an alarming amount of detail from their surroundings. It's as if they had eyes on the back of their head...

Voice: A silky and pleasant contralto. Almost mesmerizing!

Other remarkable details: The Six Handed Merchant is often seen with their favorite pets: a few trailing sorrow spiders, and an imperious snow-white raven wryly named Mr. Feathers. Six is frequently negotiating an uneasy truce between various warring parts of their wardrobe, with patent scrutinizers, notebooks, lock picks, or pieces of scientific equipment occasionally falling out of a hidden vest or petticoat pocket.

Six is often surrounded by a web of hangers-on, filled in equal numbers with admirers, Bohemians, honey-dreamers, and paid informants.

Despite the name, by all appearances the Six Handed Merchant has only two hands (and two feet, in case you were wondering).

• edited by Six Handed Merchant on 9/18/2017

--
    The Six Handed Merchant:

"From the hopes of Valkyries to the mysteries of death! From the wonders of the flesh to the secrets of radical science! From to the music of the Correspondence to the intrigues of the Court: I indulge in it all! I traverse the web of London’s secrets. If its truth you seek, I am your investigator! I am free for lectures, book signings, honey dreams, and parties. Calling cards welcome! No name-seekers, please."

http://fallenlondon.storynexus.com/Profile/The%20Six%20Handed%20Merchant
  • +1 link
    Tystefy
    Tystefy

7/9/2017
    Thank you Sara for bringing this post back to glory.
    THE FOLLOWING IS A DESCRIPTION OF BEFORE The Sevenfold Stick Incident. I'll change my avatar pick after I handle that.

Tystefy

Race: Golden Retriever
    Height: Puppy
    Ski- Fur Color: Golden Yellow
    Eye Color: Rich Brown
    Usual Appearance: Unusually heavy eyebrows. Groomed enough. Is carried on a cushion by and shares a top hat with his Gentleman Butler.
    Demeanor: Sits up straight or simply leans back into his Genterman Butler. Calm. His Gentleman Butler helps emphasize his point by waving their front paws with surprising sync.
    Voice: Deep. Surprisingly deep. More Morgan Freeman and not like a demon.
    Remarkable Qualities: Is a dog. Tends to create polls whenever they create a forum thread.

Gentleman Butler

Human Height: 6'1
    Hair Color: Stark White
    Skin Color: White. Pale-ish-ly so.
    Eye Color: Blue
    Usual Appearance: Gloriously mustached & bald. Generic butler garb & white gloves. Shares a top hat with Tystefy.
    Demeanor: ... Butler. Silent. Stoic. Carries Tystefy with practiced care.
    Voice: Will speak when required.
    Remarkable Qualities: EXPUNGED

Original Garbled Post in case I mistranslated:
    [spoiler]THE%20FOLLOWING%20IS%20A%20DESCRIPTION%20OF%20BEFORE%20%22The%20Sevenfold%20Stick%20Incident%22.%20I%27ll%20change%20my%20avatar%20pic%20after%20I%20handle%20that.%3Cbr%3E%3Cbr%3E%3Cbr%3E%3Cspan%20style%3D%22font-weight%3A%20bold%3B%22%3ETystefy%3C/span%3E%3Cbr%3E%3Cbr%3EGender%3A%20Male%3Cbr%3ERace%3A%20Golden%20Retriever%3Cbr%3EHeight%3A%20Puppy%3Cbr%3E%3Cbr%3EAge%3A%20%3F%3F%3F%20%28Dog%20years%20are%20even%20trickier%29%3Cbr%3E%3Cbr%3ESki-%20Fur%20Color%3A%20Golden%20Yellow%3Cbr%3EEye%20Color%3A%20Rich%20Brown%3Cbr%3E%3Cbr%3EUsual%20Appearance%3A%20Unusually%20heavy%20eyebrows.%20Groomed%20enough.%20Is%20carried%20on%20a%20cushion%20by%20and%20shares%20a%20top%20hat%20with%20his%20Gentleman%20Butler.%3Cbr%3E%3Cbr%3EDemeanor%3A%20Sits%20up%20straight%20or%20simply%20leans%20back%20into%20his%20Gentleman%20Butler.%20Calm.%20His%20Gentleman%20Butler%20helps%20emphasize%20his%20point%20by%20waving%20their%20front%20paws%20with%20surprising%20sync.%3Cbr%3E%3Cbr%3EVoice%3A%20Deep.%20%3Cspan%20style%3D%22font-style%3A%20italic%3B%22%3ESurprisingly%20deep.%20%3C/span%3EMore%20Morgan%20Freeman%20and%20not%20%3Cspan%20style%3D%22font-style%3A%20italic%3B%22%3Elike%20a%20demon.%3C/span%3E%3Cbr%3E%3Cbr%3ERemarkable%20Qualities%3A%20Is%20a%20dog.%20%3Cspan%20style%3D%22text-decoration%3A%20underline%3B%22%3ETends%20to%20create%20polls%20whenever%20they%20create%20a%20forum%20thread.%3Cbr%3E%3C/span%3E%3Cbr%3E%3Cbr%3E%3Cspan%20style%3D%22font-weight%3A%20bold%3B%22%3EGentleman%20Butler%3C/span%3E%3Cbr%3E%3Cbr%3EGender%3A%20Male%3Cbr%3ERace%3A%20Human%3Cbr%3EHeight%3A%206%271%3Cbr%3E%3Cbr%3EAge%3A%20Old...%20like%20a%20butler%20should%20be.%3Cbr%3E%3Cbr%3EHair%20Color%3A%20Stark%20White%3Cbr%3ESkin%20Color%3A%20White.%20Pale-ish-ly%20so.%3Cbr%3EEye%20Color%3A%20Blue%3Cbr%3E%3Cbr%3EUsual%20Appearance%3A%20Gloriously%20mustached%2C%20bald.%20Generic%20butler%20garb%2C%20white%20gloves.%20Shares%20a%20top%20hat%20with%20Tystefy.%3Cbr%3E%3Cbr%3EDemeanor%3A%20...%20%22Butler%22.%20Silent.%20Stoic%3F%20Carries%20Tystefy%20with%20practiced%20care.%3Cbr%3E%3Cbr%3EVoice%3A%20Will%20speak%20when%20required.%3Cbr%3E%3Cbr%3ERemarkable%20Qualities%3A%20EXPUNGED.%3Cbr%3E%3Cspan%20style%3D%22font-style%3A%20italic%3B%22%3Eedited%20by%20Tystefy%20on%207/9/2017%3C/span%3E
    edited by Tystefy on 7/13/2017[/spoiler]
    --
    edited by Sara Hysaro on 7/14/2017
    edited by Tystefy on 7/14/2017

--
    Currently borderline AFK.
    +9 link
    Teaspoon
    Teaspoon

7/9/2017
    I love about Failbetter that not only do they make wild and crazy things, they also inspire others to do the same.

It's great.
    edited by Teaspoon on 7/9/2017

--
    Truth lies at the bottom of a well.

http://fallenlondon.storynexus.com/profile/Alt%20Ern
    +5 link
    gronostaj
    gronostaj

7/9/2017
    Tystefy wrote:
    Voice: Will speak when required.

this very pleasantly reminds me the epic tale of Sir Bearington and I am 100% delighted.

--
    +2 link
    Gul al-Ahlaam
    Gul al-Ahlaam

7/9/2017
    The Uncanny Hierophant

• "Gul al-Ahlaam" is the pseudonym by which most Londoners know them. Much of their more controversial research is published under the pseudonym "Desiderius Erasmus," and a penny-dreadful of middling popularity depicts them as the deranged "Doctor Dionysus," whose mad experiments transform them into an enormous zee-monster. In private, their daughter refers to them as "Fairuza," and their staff as "Dr. Darvishzadeh."

The Hierophant is tall, slender, olive-skinned. Their black hair is short and tangled. Their eyes, once hazel, are now a scintillating cosmogone, marbled with streaks of grey. Their narrow torso is marred with countless scars from bites, knife-and-candle wounds, and experimental vivisections. The intricate ritual scars over their heart weep a thick Gant pus, and draw beads of blood from the surrounding skin, so they keep them thickly bandaged. Their face, carved near in half by Feducci's saber, was "healed" by the Mountain of Light. When the Hierophant plunged their face into her lesser wound and drank of her blood, she reconstructed their face around the scar, creating a cleft in their lip all the way up to their hairline, studded with dozens of tiny, useless, interlocking teeth. Further experimentation with the blood shined and sharpened those teeth, along with the teeth in their mouth. This gives them an alarming and attractive smile, but presents difficulties when it comes to eating anything that can't be ripped or torn. Their pair of long prehensile tongues, the result of a successful experiment down in Flute Street, only complicate things further. One of their arms was amputated at the shoulder by an unscrupulous scholar, and replaced with an oversized arm made from clay. The other was amputated at the elbow, after a failed experiment withered it, and was eventually replaced with the claw of a dwarf megalops.

Because of their lack of manual dexterity, their spouse is typically the one who dresses them, meaning that their clothes tend to be covered in a thin layer of slime. They have a fondness for narrow frocks, elegant shawls, and wide-brimmed hats. They tend to hide their face when out in public, usually behind a wax mask in the Presbyterate style. When such a thing will not do, they often opt for a simple silk veil.

Their voice has a lilting, melodic quality to it, when they're both sober and lucid. Otherwise, they can have some difficulty marshaling their tongues, and it comes out slippery and gurgling.

--
    Grow strong. Life runs hot. Forget the Judgements.
  • +2 link
    Isaac Zienfried
    Isaac Zienfried

7/13/2017
    Isaac Zienfried, 'the Vacillating Belligerent'

A man of imposing build and expressive body language, Mr. Zienfried's appearance combines with his mercurial demeanor and mixed background to leave an interesting first impression. Short coppery hair, gray-green eyes, and a carefully trimmed goatee feature on a sharply angular face that's as likely to wear a stupid grin as it is a scowl or snarl. Wide shoulders and a height of 6'3" mean he's quite large compared to the average Londoner, though the rest of his body is somewhat slim when compared to the conspicuous shoulders, overall giving an athletic impression rather than a hulking one.

One of the first things noticed by many is the man's accent. There's something distinctly non-British about it, hints of American and Spanish both, which could lead some to (incorrectly) assume a Californian origin, but every so often a succession of words will come out in such a way that suggests a lifetime of travel and exposure to several dialects and languages. In addition, his years in London mean Isaac has already absorbed much of the local idioms and lingual patterns, further bastardizing his manner of speech.

On casual appraisal, Isaac carries himself in a restrained, almost military manner. His bearing is upright, his posture is iron-backed and rigid, and his style of speech is curt, efficient, and occasionally sarcastic. This can change, however, should he become excited or passionate, which happens more often than he'd like to admit. A stimulating conversation can lead to a loosening of his posture, wilder gestures with his hands and arms, exaggerated expressions, and a shift toward the kind of coarse language that befits a sailor or mercenary. He's usually capable of controlling himself in venues where such expressiveness would be problematic, but has been known to slip from time to time. In addition to this excitability, Isaac possesses a fiery temper, and while he will strive to restrain himself if he thinks it necessary, he's been known to decide the unleashing of his rage is worth the consequences. Other than that, he views some level of social face and restraint as important, not just for him but for everyone, and is annoyed by those who carelessly display uncouth or obnoxious behavior, having once berated a man for "laughing too loudly, like some braying beast." This man was not His Amused Lordship, though Isaac's been known to covertly wince in that particular individual's presence.

Mr. Zienfried's wardrobe is varied and eclectic. If attending any Society events, he'll likely be seen in fashionable attire, coat and top hat and everything. When truly putting on a show, either to awe or to intimidate, he is in possession of a pair of cosmogone spectacles that discourage staring. For more casual outings, he prefers trousers, a shirt, and a vest of thick and durable material, with a turquoise ascot to add some color to his usual grays and browns and dark greens. He often wears a felt bowler cap with a silken turquoise band around it. This look, in particular, can make him look something like a neddy man or other rough-and-tumble type: a fact he's aware of and not bothered by. In fact, Isaac almost always carries a cane of some sort, either elegant and ornamented when dressing to impress, or more humble and durable when not... and these canes are his favored weapon if ever he needs to inflict harm, being shockingly skilled with using them as both bludgeon and lever in a downright brutal fighting style that mixes dirty tricks with aggressive strikes and joint-locks. He carries a small ratwork revolver under his coat or vest as well, but will only utilize it if his cane or his fists aren't options.

While possessing sundry skills, the art Isaac truly excels in is the pursuit of violence and destruction. Proficient with a dazzling array of weapons and capable of changing fighting styles at a moment's notice, he mates this to an in-depth knowledge of explosives, chemicals, poisons, traps, and strategy to present a challenge to even the most superhuman foes. It's easy to simply assume a man so aggressive would resort to brute force in every situation, but Isaac's plenty capable of indirect and unexpected approaches to a battle.

Having come to London upon hearing rumors of monsters and devils and thugs aplenty, Isaac once pursued the Vake across the Neath, but has since postponed the hunt after his quarry went to ground and he found himself with other pressing business. Rather than continue to hunt monsters out at Zee (though he does that as a hobby now and again), Isaac took to studying the dream-realm of Parabola, satisfying his more scholarly inclinations while also finding a use for his martial prowess and iron will when it comes time to exert his will upon the inhabitants.

Other assorted bits of personality are a strong sense of compassion that can seem at odds with his violent and angry nature, a love of poetry, a propensity for alcohol abuse that is genuinely dangerous to his health, and the tendency to hold grudges for years. Hobbies include zailing, writing poetry, and burgling devils or others he deems fair targets in order to practice his stealth and subtlety.
    edited by Isaac Zienfried on 7/14/2017

--
    Isaac Zienfried, 'The Vacillating Belligerent.'
    A gentleman of complicated loyalties, complicated morality, and complicated goals.
    But really, it's hard to keep things simple down here!
    +2 link
    Tystefy
    Tystefy

7/13/2017

*Gentleman Butler carefully balances cushion on head so Isaac and I are roughly eye-level*

... You? You chose me to be your nemesis? Me?!

*wild paw gestures*

--
    Currently borderline AFK.
    +1 link
    JimmyTMalice
    JimmyTMalice

7/13/2017
    Gideon Stormstrider is a fresh-faced young man with brown hair and hazel eyes in a crumpled black silk suit; surprisingly young for someone in his position, as people like to remark, although nobody is entirely sure what that position is. His gaze is unsettlingly intense; he seems to blink far less than the average person. Unidentifiable chemical stains cover his sleeves and he smells faintly of metal and gunpowder. He has the undeniable air of an accident waiting to happen.

--
    Gideon Stormstrider, the Episcopalian Esotericist
    Jimmy T. Malice, gone.

A Squid in the Polls
    +1 link
    Isaac Zienfried
    Isaac Zienfried

7/14/2017
    Tystefy wrote:

*Gentleman Butler carefully balances cushion on head so Isaac and I are roughly eye-level*

... You? You chose me to be your nemesis? Me?!

*wild paw gestures*

It was on a lark.

--
    Isaac Zienfried, 'The Vacillating Belligerent.'
    A gentleman of complicated loyalties, complicated morality, and complicated goals.
    But really, it's hard to keep things simple down here!
    +1 link
    A Dimness
    A Dimness

7/14/2017
    Tystefy wrote:
    WHAT HAPPENED TO THIS POST WHUT

Could you delete this? You're stretching the whole page out.

--
    A truth so strange it can only be lied into existence
    +3 link
    heavensdark
    heavensdark

7/14/2017
  • Oh I love this.
  • Heaven Dark

Height: 5'5"
    Build: Average with slight curve in the middle

Skin color: Olive
    Eye color: Brown
    Hair color: Black
    Hair style/quality: Long and straight so she always keeps it up in a bun, usually adorned with sticks and jewels and flowers and other pretty things.

Usual clothing style: Depends on where she needs to be. If she is going about her usual day and business, she will be in a long skirt, brown ankle length boots, a corset and a long sleeve top. Nothing too colorful unless they are to accent certain features or if the occasion calls for something cheery and colorful. If she has other, ahem, business to attend to then she will switch to neutral colored pants and dark tops that are neither form fitting or too loose and knee high black boots. Hev almost always detests short sleeves and likes a lot of jewelry that doesn't make a lot of noise.

Usual demeanor: Hev is very quiet. She will speak when she must and get involved in things but she is a curious lady who needs to know what is going on around her. She is also highly suspicious but will never let that on. Also not afraid to bat her eyes and flirt, as long as she can get something out of it in the end.

Voice: Alto range with a fair share of monotones. Can fake her voice and lilt higher if the situation calls for it.

Other remarkable details: Loathes zailing but knows it is a necessary evil.

• edited by heavensdark on 7/17/2017

--
    http://fallenlondon.storynexus.com/Profile/heavensdark
  • +1 link
    Emmy Buchman
    Emmy Buchman

7/16/2017
    Ethnicity: Swiss
    Height: tall, scarcely shorter than the average man.
    Build: Athletic
    Eyes: green
    Hair: medium brown, long. Often worn in a bun.

Clothing: Very practical, but often somewhat eccentric. Prefers dresses to suits. Tends to wear her favorite colors--green and blue.
    Voice: speaks excellent English, but with a noticeable Swiss-German accent. Surprisingly, She has a lovely mezzo-soprano singing voice.

Demeanor: Remarkably honest, she does little to hide her personality unless it is necessary to solve a case or discover secrets. She typically comes across as eccentric, passionate, and either absent minded or laser-focused. She is surprisingly kind, for the neath.

--
    http://fallenlondon.storynexus.com/Profile/Emmy%20Buchman
    --A Swiss Mathematician
    +1 link