Powered by Jitbit .Net Forum free trial version.

HomeStoryNexus

Announcements, advice, playtesting threads. (Please send bug reports and pleas for help to support@storynexus.com)

The Night Circus Messages in this topic - RSS

sorciechan
sorciechan

8/14/2014
Hey guys. I was going to play a little of The Night Circus today, since it's one of my favorites, but when I went to play it, I got sent to the StoryNexus' main page with it saying that they couldn't find the Story World.

Does that mean the story got removed?

If so, is there info on the creators for it, or what exactly is going on with the game?
0 link
Flyte
Flyte
Administrator

8/14/2014
We've taken the Night Circus offline for the time being. There's a tech issue we need to fix before we can put it live again, and Henry has a lot of stuff on his slate that really can't be postponed. I can't tell you when it will be back online, but I'll post on the forums once it is.
+4 link
sorciechan
sorciechan

8/14/2014
OH! Phew...I thought it was taken off for good.
Thank you for responding. smile So long as it's not taken off for good, I'm fine. Big Grin
0 link
plaid67
plaid67

1/26/2015
The Night Circus is one of my favorite games on storynexus. Please, please, please bring it back online. I miss my chocolate mice. upset
+2 link
La_Kwana
La_Kwana

2/1/2015
I love the book and didn't know there was a game of it until recently...it would be amazing to play a game like that!
0 link
Kyberia
Kyberia

3/3/2015
I miss my kittens upset
0 link
sorciechan
sorciechan

5/25/2015
Sorry, just wanted to add, thanks for bringing back The Night Circus (at least, I can play it now). I really missed it. Thank you. ^^
0 link
Rupho Schartenhauer
Rupho Schartenhauer

5/25/2015
This is great! Thanks for bringing it back!

--
All characters on hiatus!
0 link
Hannah Flynn
Hannah Flynn
Administrator

5/26/2015
sorciechan wrote:
Sorry, just wanted to add, thanks for bringing back The Night Circus (at least, I can play it now). I really missed it. Thank you. ^^

We were able to put it live again just the other day! I'm glad you're enjoying it. smile

--
Wields the news canon, aboard the hype train.
+2 link
James Sinclair
James Sinclair

5/27/2015
Thanks so much for bringing back The Night Circus! I've missed it since it's been offline; the novel is one of my favorites.

(By the way, is it possible to delete one's Night Circus character and re-start from the beginning? I don't see any way to do this.)

--
James Sinclair, an inescapable, sagacious, irresistible and magnificent gentleman.

A fully-fledged rêveur of The Night Circus.

Wines is red
Spices is yellow
But old Jack-of-Smiles
Is a murderous fellow ☠
0 link
sorciechan
sorciechan

6/13/2015
Hm. Seems Night Circus is a little borked. When I go to click a card, the page freezes. After that, it freezes on reloading.
0 link
cyberpunkdreams
cyberpunkdreams

6/13/2015
sorciechan wrote:
Hm. Seems Night Circus is a little borked. When I go to click a card, the page freezes. After that, it freezes on reloading.

I just tried it myself and it seems fine. Unless it's something up with your character specifically, maybe you just need to clear your cache, or some such thing?

--
Seeking alpha testers for a new StoryNexus cyberpunk RPG.

Welcoming friends, rivals, sightseers; a life of some importance in the Neath.
0 link
sorciechan
sorciechan

6/15/2015
I just cleared my cache and I still get the freezing. Tried another browser (was on google chrome,now trying IE) and, it's still freezing up. :/
0 link
Ian Hart
Ian Hart

6/15/2015
Just tested it, no problem for me. Try another computer and/or contact support.

--
http://fallenlondon.storynexus.com/Profile/Antifinity
0 link
James Sinclair
James Sinclair

8/6/2015
I'm having similar problems with The Night Circus (other StoryNexus worlds such as Silver Tree work fine). I can sometimes draw and play one card, but after that the page hangs and eventually crashes, and cannot be loaded for quite a while. I've tested and experienced the same issue on up-to-date versions of Chrome, Firefox, and IE, and tried clearing caches and disabling all add-ons, without success.

The error message I get when the page crashes is below; has anyone else seen this or found a workaround?
Warning: Unresponsive scriptA script on this page may be busy, or it may have stopped responding. You can stop the script now, or you can continue to see if the script will complete. Script: http://nightcircus.storynexus.com/Scripts/jquery-1.7.1.min.js:6

--
James Sinclair, an inescapable, sagacious, irresistible and magnificent gentleman.

Wines is red
Spices is yellow
But old Jack-of-Smiles
Is a murderous fellow ☠
0 link
genesis
genesis

8/7/2015
Likewise as sorciechan and James Sinclair, here

--
http://fallenlondon.storynexus.com/Profile/mikey_thinkin

Keeping track of incomplete content and loose ends in Fallen London
0 link
Marianne Anders
Marianne Anders

8/11/2015
It's working for me now!

--
Not all who wander are lost. Sometimes, they are very lost.
http://fallenlondon.storynexus.com/Profile/Marianne~Anders
0 link
James Sinclair
James Sinclair

8/17/2015
The Night Circus is working fine for me now, too! smile I know Failbetter recently migrated StoryNexus to a new server; along with everything running faster and more smoothly, maybe that fixed the problem with The Night Circus.

Now, I think I'll revisit the Illusionist's tent again...

--

Wines is red
Spices is yellow
But old Jack-of-Smiles
Is a murderous fellow ☠
0 link
Marianne Anders
Marianne Anders

8/30/2015
Question: I've nearly completed all of the Night Circus content. The one thing I can't find is the second Night Sky Feather, which is frustrating because I require it in order to go hang out with the Illusionist at her house. I've actually managed to get the Raven's Book, but I'm very unsure about where to go from here.

--
Not all who wander are lost. Sometimes, they are very lost.
http://fallenlondon.storynexus.com/Profile/Marianne~Anders
0 link
James Sinclair
James Sinclair

9/1/2015
Marianne Anders wrote:
Question: I've nearly completed all of the Night Circus content. The one thing I can't find is the second Night Sky Feather, which is frustrating because I require it in order to go hang out with the Illusionist at her house. I've actually managed to get the Raven's Book, but I'm very unsure about where to go from here.

That's a good question; I also only have one Night-sky feather. I'll let you know if I'm able to locate a second.

Speaking of the Night Circus: of course, I know that it's no longer under development, but I think it could be really improved through the simple change of allowing players to have more than one Opportunity Card in their hand, rather than drawing and playing (or discarding) a single card over and over. Oddly, you CAN have up to four cards in your hand, but only when you're between circus performances, and the only cards available there are to select a new performance. Why not be able to draw and hold four cards all the time?

It would also be nice if you could retire your character and begin over again, like you can in Winterstrike. I would like the option to start from the beginning (I seem to have somehow missed some early Night Circus content-- 'Find Me: The Heart of the Circus' and 'Find Me: Young Love in Red' never appeared...a glitch?), without having to create a separate StoryNexus account.

--

Wines is red
Spices is yellow
But old Jack-of-Smiles
Is a murderous fellow ☠
0 link